Trader Interviews

Tim,

It may be getting away from the original point of the thread, but would you consider interviewing representatives of spread-betting firms or brokers? (If you could get them)? I know we have a few people from SB firms who post here, but they are usually not "representing" their firm in that sense.

I've seen a few such interviews on other websites, and while they may not give away too many real secrets, nevertheless it might be a bit of an insight.

Mike,

It will be me who is interviewing and it would depend on what context the interview is being given. What did you have in mind ?

Paul

Mike,

It will be me who is interviewing and it would depend on what context the interview is being given. What did you have in mind ?

Paul
Hi Paul,

Well, something along these lines I suppose:
IG Index Spread Betting Interview

I don't quite know how you go about not letting it become too much of a free plug for their firm. However, if all the various firms are offered the same opportunity, then maybe that is less of an issue. If they don't take it up, that's their lookout I suppose.

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the suggestion and the link to the interview with IG. For the most part, the linked interview is about IG Index and how they operate. Many of the answers to the questions asked could be obtained by browsing IG's website or making a phone call to them. By contrast, our focus will be much more on the individual and the specific job that they perform within the company they work for. So, if Mr. Jones agreed to do an interview with us, it would be entitled 'A Day in the Life of David Jones - Chief Market Strategist at IG Index' or something similar. It would go into depth about what he does day to day, the people he meets, high points and low points, the problems he encounters and how he resolves them. Does his working day start at 6.00am having worked out in the gym for an hour before and does it end by knocking back bottles of Cristal Champaign in the strip joints of Soho etc? I hope this explains our intentions and how our interviews will attempt to dig a little deeper, be a little more 'gutsy' and focus on the individual rather than the company.
Tim.

Can i nominate The Rumpled One. A day in the life of an MT4 indicator and systems developer :)

I'm serious by the way ;)

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the suggestion and the link to the interview with IG. For the most part, the linked interview is about IG Index and how they operate. Many of the answers to the questions asked could be obtained by browsing IG's website or making a phone call to them. By contrast, our focus will be much more on the individual and the specific job that they perform within the company they work for. So, if Mr. Jones agreed to do an interview with us, it would be entitled 'A Day in the Life of David Jones - Chief Market Strategist at IG Index' or something similar. It would go into depth about what he does day to day, the people he meets, high points and low points, the problems he encounters and how he resolves them. Does his working day start at 6.00am having worked out in the gym for an hour before and does it end by knocking back bottles of Cristal Champaign in the strip joints of Soho etc? I hope this explains our intentions and how our interviews will attempt to dig a little deeper, be a little more 'gutsy' and focus on the individual rather than the company.
Tim.

Sounds good to me Tim.

I've edited post #3 on p1 of the thread to add a short list of interview questions to put to professionals working in the industry - but not necessarily as traders.

Guys I have all the audio recording equipment and transcription services already for my own site. I'd be happy to do interviews with folks you recommend just for this site (wouldn't be posted anywhere else unless you wanted them to be)

All the best,
Tim

Guys I have all the audio recording equipment and transcription services already for my own site. I'd be happy to do interviews with folks you recommend just for this site (wouldn't be posted anywhere else unless you wanted them to be)

All the best,
Tim

Thank you for your offer but we are keeping this as an in house activity as it requires secure access to administrative functions that only Trade2Win staff are authorized to perform.

Paul

I like to hear Wasp!

By the way, nice job Timsk and Paul, a lot of nice things has changed in the forum after you guys started to manage this..

Thanks!

Vini

I'm sure he would appreciate the attention.

I was afraid you were...

;)

Considering there are hundreds of thousands of retail traders using MT4, be it as their broker platform or simply for analysis purposes, then i'm not sure why an interview with someone/anyone who uses it more fully would be a problem.

Considering there are hundreds of thousands of retail traders using MT4, be it as their broker platform or simply for analysis purposes, then i'm not sure why an interview with someone/anyone who uses it more fully would be a problem.

Not a problem. I was (mostly) joking. Controversial figures are often the most interesting people (not that you'd necessarily want to trust them all with your wallet).

Here is a taster of the sort of thing we might hear (another pointer to this has been posted in the past, but with that one, you have to sign up. This one appears to be sign-up free:

Interview with Trader Avery Horton