Trade what you see, not what you think....

Well you know yourself best. But It does seem about right in your self assessment. While the rest of the gang never managed to develop beyond taking, monkey throwing bone style, pot shots, you have progressed to being able swing a short line. With time, perhaps you will master longer lines, or maybe even multiple long lines. Then you would have truly arrived as a trader.

Last edited:
Well you know yourself best. But It does seem about right in your self assessment. While the rest of the people never managed to develop beyond taking, monkey bone throwing style, pot shots, you have progressed to being able swing a short line. With time, perhaps you will master longer lines, or maybe even multiple long lines. Then you would have truly arrived as a trader.

Just a perfect example of a bitter.

What is it with you people?
I shed some light on a dim world and as reward i'm supposed to tolerate being lectured by a tard...
I don't think so somehow :sleep:

Right then!...off to do some real work....2-3 weeks....

Theres enough information for those who can be bothered.

Tata

Last edited:
This thread is living up to its subject title. I can see what is going on but I rather not think that it is so.

Just a perfect example of a bitter.

What is it with you people?
I shed some light on a dim world and as reward i'm supposed to tolerate being lectured by a tard...

You should take this as validation of what you are doing to be honest.

The more 95 percenters attacking you the better.

It's when they start agreeing with you that you are in trouble,

Your idiocy and ignorance aside, I can guarantee you this - none of them trade small enough lots for you, so please go back to your £1 IG bets you poor deranged hapless clueless human.

I've said before. Stop. Look in the mirror. You are not well. You CAN stop pretending and do something productive with your days.

You have not got a clue what the retail does.Some clowns agreed with you.Some retail trader made 20 pips last night.Do you have a clue how, like all your clueless followers and clowns? Do the 99 % losers know how?Do you want to listen to their opinion?Do you know somebody who made pips in this ranging period?

Have you ever traded seriously and do really you know what happens in markets?Your opinion we just read on basis of garbage in garbage out python codes.Trading is an art , nothing that can be back tested ?.

You have no clue what the retail took out of his book .272 reviews of 4 star plus.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-faqs/30637-books-should-beginner-read-9.html#post2075588

Originally Posted by random12345 View Post
Can I be even more simplistic and just say that humans also struggle to understand, visually, basic geometry. I'm yet to show anyone an example of a smooth MA crossover who, looking at the trades taken, think it isn't overall profitable and are always surprised to find that the ranging periods are actually often more harmful than the trending periods are profitable. The same logic applies to visual confirmation of breakouts, support and resistance, key areas etc. The brain somehow blots out what they don't want to see. Institutions don't trade anything they can't test empirically (any instrument that has been around for years anyway - ignore certain ETFs and exotic indices traded by a certain Whale for this example). Yet retail traders do on the basis that it 'looks right' and all they need to do is sort out their psychology. This, for me, is the most startling difference and a tragic mistake. Method trumps psychology every time. Laziness and ignorance of technology can barely be tolerated in this industry these days - you must be able to thoroughly test your ideas. Go to almost any IB's careers page and see if they are looking for entry level traders. No, they want developer associates and the odd VP P&L controller. Nearly all senior traders will be ex Python dorks in another induction cycle and frankly they deserve it. Market forces at work....

Please don't take to your level!

Attachments

• IMG_25022013_055834.png
    IMG_25022013_055834.png
    180.8 KB · Views: 231
CV thinks he knows something we don't. Here's to prove otherwise.

The market gapped against me. But I knew what it was about and was unshaken. I could have added more at better prices once my belief was confirmed. But I was too busy sleeping at the time to do anything. Now I am back into money and looking to add more if the price goes up again. The last swing high was a good position, but i woke up too late.

157028d1361809998-trade-what-you-see-not-what-you-think-shakeout.jpg

Attachments

• shakeout.jpg
    shakeout.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 610
God you've said that many times ! :cheesy:

What happened to your Cable longs ? ;)

Yes, sleeping is a major part of my strat. See, maybe I know something you don't.

My cable play was explained in one of my previous posts. Not sure if it was deleted when the OP started crying.

Yes, sleeping is a major part of my strat. See, maybe I know something you don't.

My cable play was explained in one of my previous posts. Not sure if it was deleted when the OP started crying.

Just for completeness what actually happened was BJ kept adding to his position until his ar5e was handed to him even after I tried to explain the higher prob outcome was for cable to test the bottom of the now busted monthly range. I politely asked him to stop shi77ting on my journal. I am taking time out to work on my edge and gambling problem lol. Not that any of that will stop the lulz boat sailing for BJ. Set sail for fail.

Have you ever traded seriously and do really you know what happens in markets?

Yes to the former, and since you have no idea yourself what 'happens in markets' I'm not sure how to address this point. I guess it's a trick question, since no-one on these boards or at Goldman's senior partner level would be able to tell you. Numpty.

Your opinion we just read on basis of garbage in garbage out python codes.Trading is an art , nothing that can be back tested ?

Trading is not an art and I'd gladly take the other side of anyone's trades who thinks it is. Good David Brent impression however.

You have no clue what the retail took out of his book .272 reviews of 4 star plus.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-faqs/30637-books-should-beginner-read-9.html#post2075588

Trading in the Zone was not meant for a JSA spread better, no.

Please don't take to your level!

You'd cut off your left nut to be trading anywhere near my size 15 and you know it. Get a job, sir.

Yes to the former, and since you have no idea yourself what 'happens in markets' I'm not sure how to address this point. I guess it's a trick question, since no-one on these boards or at Goldman's senior partner level would be able to tell you.

What happens in the markets stays in the markets :)(y)

Where can I claim my prize?

Peter

I politely asked him to stop shi77ting on my journal.

You need to learn some psychology stuff from 15 min and remain calm at all times. Perhaps like 15 min, you will never make it. In things like this, having a natural disposition one is born with helps a great deal.

I take advice from very few people, only those whom I have personally verified. You don't make the grade. Whether your analysis was valid was besides the point.

I had a specific objective in the cable trade. That was exited when it was clear the objective was no longer achievable. It was also my first outing with swinging a line after months of simmering time. The result was positive even though the trade was a looser.

Last edited:
Here's a perfect example of why people need to develop beyond trading what they see to trading what they think. Because what they see is often intended to be deceiving. If you get your thinking right, pips are penny a dozen, where losing a trade here or there is neither here nor there. As things stand, the chance of doubling my account on this trade is fair.

157044d1361821990-trade-what-you-see-not-what-you-think-deceive.jpg

Attachments

• deceive.jpg
    deceive.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 591
You need to learn some psychology stuff from 15 min and remain calm at all times. Perhaps like 15 min, you will never make it. In things like this, having a natural disposition one is born with helps a great deal.

I take advice from very few people, only those whom I have personally verified. You don't make the grade. Whether your analysis was valid was besides the point.

I had a specific objective in the cable trade. That was exited when it was clear the objective was no longer achievable. It was also my first outing with swinging a line after months of simmering time. The result was positive even though the trade was a looser.

you do make me chuckle BJ especially when you get a rise out of people. :LOL:

you do make me chuckle BJ especially when you get a rise out of people. :LOL:

This is why I suggested 15 min's threads for you. With some work and effort, maybe one day you will no longer rise so easily. It is that rise that gets you in trading. People need to look at the reason behind that rise and not get played like a yo-yo while paying spreads left, right, and center for the privilege.

Last edited: