Tradable Indexes in the Pacific Time Zone

clylbw

Hi,

I am looking for indexes to trade in the Pacific Time Zone. Can you please recommend one to me?

Basically I am looking for an index to day trade, so liquidity and intra-day trending are preferred.
I have heard about Nikkie and Heng Seng, but how about others? Between Nikkie and Heng Seng, which one has better intra-day trends?

Thanks indeed.

?? Have you looked at TIFFE.com

Whats the one that trades in Singapore?

Its of no use though - sorry! I thought they would have futures on the Nikkei, rice futures, eel futures, etc.

Must all be done in Singapore then? www.sgx.com. Maybe the CME also does them on Globex???

dcraig1 said:
Also Kospi options are said to be a good daytrading vehicle.

Yep ..... probably a little exotic for little 'ol me dcraig1 but will bear it in mind. I'm still trying to get the directional moves right :cheesy:

Hook Shot said:
Yep ..... probably a little exotic for little 'ol me dcraig1 but will bear it in mind. I'm still trying to get the directional moves right :cheesy:

Yeah me too ! I havn't traded them, but they are a bit special - they trade very much like the futures contract with a very tight spread and stacks of liquidity. Almost a drop in substitute for the futures contract for day trading at one fifth the size of the future. Def from InteractiveBrokers who often posts over on ET and whose opinion is always worth listening to recommends them as a serious alternative to the future for day trading.

Last edited:
The Aussie are going crazy....

No I'm not referring to the one day game ..... although that tagline might apply later today as England posted a modest total.

Anyway................. no the Asx200 Australian index (pictionary in reply just above) has been coiling for days and finally breaks out big time.... closing well.

This implies a test of the bull market highs next week ...... but also implies it will run out of steam next week too..... the moves of last two days have been vicious! Great for momentum traders ..... I'll take the bearish posish when the exuberance fades sometime next week :cheesy:

Asx 200 (see chart # post 12) hit another all time high this morning..... and close within 11/12pts of the peak. Many global indices have decided to take a breather but Australia keeps moving higher....................

Asx now has 5 straight higher lows... ( and came within a whisker of making record highs 5 straight days running) ..since testing 5800 last monday....

Should be interesting to see how long it can defy gravity even on a short term view...

Not passing judgement ...... just watching .........or eyeballing as some would say ....

Hong Kong is very strong .....but 4 how long ??

Again the stalker lies in wait - after Hang Seng makes record highs Monday and modest down bar Tuesday. I/U've seen this video before .... markets can only decouple for so long.... watching and waiting...

I am looking for the index to retest it's breakout level in 21200-250 zone which is at least 500pts from here.... :D