Torotrak

Crazy Guy

Torotrak PLC
09 May 2003

Torotrak plc

Notification of Preliminary Results

Torotrak plc will announce its preliminary results for the year ended 31st March
2003 on Monday 19th May 2003.

Latest = QUOTE CENTRE (News)

I noticed Crazy :)

YOU are on my watchlist!

I made a 10% profit on CWG....

I guess that you are the Crazy on ADVFN..

I remember Torotrak from the boom years, transmission system from what I remember. Great idea, would save a lot of energy. But, of course, good ideas are often ignored or sabotaged.

Anything in particular to look out for?

All the best,

Neil

TORO TORO

PURCHASED THESE ABOUT ONE MONTH BACK 13.5 LOVELY. THEY SEEM TO HAVE TAKEN ON PEOPLE FROM LARGE MOTOR CAR MANUFACTURERS RECENTLY AND LOTS OF DIRECTOR SHARES PURCHASED SO MAYBE GOING LARGE

The problem with this stock is the spread of about 12%.
Can anybody explain why spreads differ so much? from one share to another.

spread diff

I am not sure why there is such a diff in price. However, I was initially indicated a price by the broker and when he executed it it was actually better. I suspect it something to do with demand, ie if there lots of buying activity the seller tries for a better price - maybe!

Take a look a medisys, I am tempted, looking at the historic price, cheap enough for a little punt possibly

What's this. Ramping?

This share will have a hard job of getting above 25 imho. There is massive resistance at this level and the recent attempt to breech this level failed.

Joeski, if you ever get offered a better price at this level by a broker. Take care. There doesn't seem to be a lot of sellers left.
Buying a large amount... Buying any amount may prove difficult to sell back. You have to make the spread and the commision before break even. How far away is that?

Getting a better price from a broker at this level of stock normally only means one thing. You get such a great price, you may buy more.

I wish you guys well with your stock and hope you make money on it, and the only reason I post is to alert other maybe less knowledgeble traders other than yourselves to do their own research, just in case they are tempted to leap blindly in.

Take care.

THANKS FOR THAT, YOU LIVE AND LEARN

IM FAIRLY NEW TO THIS SO MAYBE BEGINERS LUCK. TOROTRAK SEEM TO HAVE A STACK OF POTENTIAL AND THERE WAS LOTS OF MOVEMENT IN DIRECTORS BUYING UP AT THE LOW PRICE.

THAT TOGETHER WITH THE NEW CONTRACT THEY HAD SECURED WITH THE TRACTOR CO IN ORIENT, WAS ENOUGH TO BOOST THE PRICE FROM 13.5 TO 23.5 OVER THE LAST MONTH.

THEY MAY HAVE PEAKED, BUT IF YOU LOOK AT THE MANAGEMENT OF THE COMPANY, THEY APPEAR TO BY BUYING IN EXPERTISE FROM MAJOR NAMES.

SO I DID DO SOME REASEARCH BUT I AM SURE YOU KNOW BEST.

I WILL HOLD MY SHARES FOR A WEE BIT LONGER AS IM LIKE THAT!!

CHEERS

Hi Joeski

Perhaps you don't realise, but typing in capitals is perceived as shouting, so perhaps you could remember to type with the Caps Lock off. :D

Round here we're not used to people ramping stocks they own, and it's not something which is encouraged. So apologies if you're not ramping that stock, however perhaps you could just bear this in mind for the future. Thanks!

Torotrak PLC
14 May 2003

Torotrak plc
14 May 2003
Appointment of financial adviser and broker

Torotrak plc is pleased to announce the appointment of Evolution Beeson Gregory
Limited as its financial adviser and broker with immediate effect.

This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange

Latest = QUOTE CENTRE (News)

Crazy guy - the spread reflects ( amongst other things) the liquidity and volatility of a stock. Also the number of competing market makers ( for SEAQ) ) - Thus (say) Cookson's may have a 1% spread (approx 1/4p) whereas Torotrack may have 10% - but a lot more Cookson's will turn over on any normal given day.