Took out a loan to transition to full-time trading. 24 years old.

The folks on this forum are too hard boiled to shell out imho.
NT would just love to jump on him with his size 11 hobnailed boots just for starters I expect. :)

Can you post a link to it ?
it will take some finding lol.the guy made 1 post about how he had to give up his job due to injury.he was then going to have a crack at trading to make ends meet.he was wanting advice on indicators etc.i assumed that he was working with someone else to hatch a fiendish plot.its buried in the ftse thread somewhere.ill have a look later.its the usual m.o.

I sometimes get emails from people saying they are ill, down and out, abandoned by parents and family and if I just train them for nothing they will pay me back out of their profits when they are rich blah blah blah. I've even had begging emails from their alleged spouses, friends etc even an alleged doctor saying if I don't train the person for free they might commit suicide !
I ignore all trolls.

1-prepares sob story that sets himself up for a loss-packing in job borrowing money-etc
2-loses money and may become homeless.father disowns
3-gets sympathy from gullable 2tw punters
4-wants them to now PM him
5-more sob story and then wants u to send him money.
ALL PRE PLANNED BEFORE MAKING THE THREAD WHICH WAS A PACK OF LIES AND A SCAM TO BEGIN WITH.
Wow. More dispointment to come then :cheesy:

I sometimes get emails from people saying they are ill, down and out, abandoned by parents and family and if I just train them for nothing they will pay me back out of their profits when they are rich blah blah blah. I've even had begging emails from their alleged spouses, friends etc even an alleged doctor saying if I don't train the person for free they might commit suicide !
I ignore all trolls.

And you have never helped them? You are a hard man, Mr Charts. I`ve seen your type around here, driving around in your chauffer driven Rolls Bentleys.

so after having my account drop below $25k i traded futures. my last day on my finance job was may 4th, and a month into my trading career my total cash available to use is less than $300. Need some serious advice right now.. im 24 and I have no idea what I've gotten myself into... next loan payment is coming up next week and i cant pay because I have to pay food. I cant pay other loan payments and i cant pay next month rent. Really screwed... I think I did all this because if things go down hard I thought my dad would bail me out even though he was pretty solid at telling me he will not support me anymore. Spoke with my dad today saying if he doesnt help me out i really seriously need to file bankruptcy and probably be homeless and he said thats the price to pay... and he hung up. Need..concrete..advice...direct messages are welcome.

Is that you Piphoe ??????

so after having my account drop below $25k i traded futures. my last day on my finance job was may 4th, and a month into my trading career my total cash available to use is less than $300. Need some serious advice right now.. im 24 and I have no idea what I've gotten myself into... next loan payment is coming up next week and i cant pay because I have to pay food. I cant pay other loan payments and i cant pay next month rent. Really screwed... I think I did all this because if things go down hard I thought my dad would bail me out even though he was pretty solid at telling me he will not support me anymore. Spoke with my dad today saying if he doesnt help me out i really seriously need to file bankruptcy and probably be homeless and he said thats the price to pay... and he hung up. Need..concrete..advice...direct messages are welcome.

I've got two direct messages for you Wabu, One is for the genuine Wabu, the other message is for the wasted set up.

Message 1 : I feel for you, I really do, you were in a bad place mentally in your life, job, future prospects, maybe other things. But the plain fact is you came on here asking for advice a couple of months ago, the advice was mostly geared towards a big fat NO !
I know that what is done is done, so dealing with the next stage is important, you have no choice but to become a statistic mate, bankruptcy happens every single day.
You are a product of the "give me now society" that I'm happy to be no part of.

Message 2 : If this is a scam, you are dumber than you appear, because if you'd done your homework you'd know the caliber of the average member on this forum & stayed away.

I suggest you get straight on to the jobs agencies, don't be too fussy about what they offer, then get straight on with paying off your debts.
Too many kids these days think there's an easy route to an easy life.
Well there isn't, so best you knuckle down and crack on !

Well mate! It surely has been a nice journal! More exciting to read than most things you can watch on netflix!

Anyway, get that high paying finance job back, or another finance job (been working as an analyst or what?), call your landlord (in the Netherlands we call them property-milkers) to delay the rent or get (another) short term loan, and sit it out!

Or apply for a traineeship with Rodney, he's for what I understand "been there done that"! Anyway, all the best! Don't let this liquidity squeeze get the better of you. Your dad wont let you starve.

Koen

PS: don't pull this **** up again!

EDIT: Ah wait! Mr. Charts takes up trainees as well! Might as well pm him!

On a serious don't trade direct market futures if you are a new trader.
Even with slow moving market like the FTSE you can do a lot of damage at 10 pound per point
God help you if trade the DAX @ 25 Euros per point.

NickB had good advice by just chipping away each day and earning few hundred each day.
Instead of the wild P and L swings.

If it's a scam then you are a sad puppy.

Pretty entertaining read - and a huge lesson on what not to do. if you do no have a firm money management plan you not going to last long. Sounded like a real journal to me - but just a newbie, so what do i know.