Tomorrows Gold Price ???

What ever happened to those lil gold sovereigns you purchased at $1600+ or somefink few moons ago me amigo???

How about you posting another image of those gems for us to marvel at eh? (y)

Yeah I know - in the long run we are all dead... :)

You have my receipt or are you taking stabs in the dark, like your recommendation to buy Blackburry @ $16.90? :LOL:

How about you posting another image of those gems for us to marvel at eh? (y)

Glad to oblige:

Here is just a small portion of my total gold holdings. These stunningly beautiful 10 x 1 ounce (and 1 x 1/4 ounce) Gold Britannia bullion coins alone would be enough to win my challenge against any Trade2win numskull that is stupid enough to question my integrity.

http://i48.tinypic.com/24b5i6w.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/2qs09x0.png

I still have the receipt for each one which shows the exact date of purchase and the amount I paid. I don't mind being insulted but I draw a line at puerile slander.

I've also changed my mind on the fee. I don't want any of that disgusting paper fiat rubbish. The fee is 44 x 1 ounce Gold Britannia's.

Now genius, tell everyone how buying gold coins outright is the same as trading with leverage.

You have my receipt or are you taking stabs in the dark, like your recommendation to buy Blackburry @ $16.90? :LOL:

That's not fair play old boy. You've left Splunk Inc out of the party. It always pays one to have a diversified portfolio :)

That's not fair play old boy. You've left Splunk Inc out of the party. It always pays one to have a diversified portfolio :)

Don't avoid my question. How is buying gold coins the same as trading a leveraged account?

Or are you still so bitter about me owning gold that you post spurious nonsense?

Glad to oblige:

Now genius, tell everyone how buying gold coins outright is the same as trading with leverage.

I'll leave that up to you as I still have short bias on gold - dare I say since $1700s as you'll well know and no interest in buying for the long term at all. ;)

In fact if you wait long enough, I'm sure you'll be proven dead right about gold eventually. :cheesy:

Darktone is right about you as you must always be right in your little world! The altruistic real capitalist that you are :LOL:

I'll leave that up to you as I still have short bias on gold - dare I say since $1700s as you'll well know and no interest in buying for the long term at all. ;)

In fact if you wait long enough, I'm sure you'll be proven dead right about gold eventually. :cheesy:

Darktone is right about you as you must always be right in your little world! The altruistic real capitalist that you are :LOL:

Can't finish what you start. :rolleyes:

Don't avoid my question. How is buying gold coins the same as trading a leveraged account?

Or are you still so bitter about me owning gold that you post spurious nonsense?

I said it before and I'll say it again...

I wish with all my heart that you have all the gold in the world that you desire - if it makes you truly happy.

Also, I really don't get this bitterness stuff which you project onto other people but you should realise it is pure delusion in your mind only. Your thoughts and beliefs in no way has any bearing on others. If that was the case everyone would be buying gold right?

Think about that for just a minute :idea:

I said it before and I'll say it again...

I wish with all my heart that you have all the gold in the world that you desire - if it makes you truly happy.

Also, I really don't get this bitterness stuff which you project onto other people but you should realise it is pure delusion in your mind only. Your thoughts and beliefs in no way has any bearing on others. If that was the case everyone would be buying gold right?

Think about that for just a minute :idea:

I've never understood your perverse logic. YOU brought up the fact that I may have bought some gold coins when it was around US$1600 implying (since it was a reply to my post) that I don't practice what I preach in regard to tight stops?

So, I'll try asking one more time, how is buying something outright, as a long term investment, the same as trading a leveraged account?

I've never understood your perverse logic. YOU brought up the fact that I may have bought some gold coins when it was around US$1600 implying (since it was a reply to my post) that I don't practice what I preach in regard to tight stops?

So, I'll try asking one more time, how is buying something outright, as a long term investment, the same as trading a leveraged account?

My reply was in reply to your constant reference to dunces, stupid people who don't think like you do and put downs on anyone else who may have a different perspective to you.

Re: your question - ignorance and apathy are bliss or simply put don't know and don't care.

Arrogance is not one of your weak points that's for sure :idea:

I've given up, more than once, trying to figure out Atilla. He is an enigma that somehow drags me into his incomprehensible arguments. I never learn...:rolleyes:

I'am long on gold at 1293 and over leveraged if gold hits 1252 I'm gone. I know it is a mistake and all but can i have your advice >

Back on topic. Those words, 'leverage' and 'gone' are why HARD STOPS are your best friend, especially when you are learning to trade. In order to last in the trading game and not end up 'gone', you must keep hard, tight stops so you have margin to trade another day. You will get better the more you trade but you need to last long enough to get there. The ONLY way you will last is by keeping losses to a minimum, not by trying to score big.

It's obviously NOT the same, and a stop isn't relevant when holding physical. I think Atilla's point though is that $1600 was not (in hindsight) a good price to pay, nor would any price be good while something is making lower lows and so on. Of course that's hindsight, so I'm not having a pop.

I think there's a point at which you have to admit that a price you paid was not great (and I'm not suggesting you don't admit it), even if long term it does come back and results in profit, and that applies leveraged or unleveraged.

Last edited:
It's obviously NOT the same, and a stop isn't relevant when holding physical. I think Atilla's point though is that $1600 was not (in hindsight) a good price to pay, nor would any price be good while something is making lower lows and so on. Of course that's hindsight, so I'm not having a pop.

I think there's a point at which you have to admit that a price you paid was not great (and I'm not suggesting you don't admit it), even if long term it does come back and results in profit, and that applies leveraged or unleveraged.

I suppose if a lie is repeated often enough people will start to believe it and that is what bothers me about Atilla. He has more than once, pulled random prices out of the air. So, just to make it clear, here is the post from my journal. Gold hadn't even hit $1600!

Posted: Jan 10, 2011, 10:21am

Using the principles and techniques I have written about in my journal I was confident enough in my market reading skills to expand my trading into other areas like commodities. I started with small positions (much more than 10p/point though!!) and took a longer term view to prove that my methodology is 100% robust regardless of time horizon. Although I didn’t record the trades here I thought I would give a brief summary.

-Palladium +44% -I regret selling
-Wheat +34% in approx 4 months
-Livestock (break even)
-Silver +67% Approx to date and still holding. Positions were opened with derivates and then rolled over into a physical ETF.
-Gold – Long term although most positions are in profit it is a long term accumulate.

This is all in addition to my longer term investment portfolio which in the last 12 months has outperformed the main indices. These successes have allowed me to have a much more relaxed approach to my trading and the necessary patience and discipline to trade only the most highly profitable and probable indications. I am only interested in being right, at the right time, and making as much money as I can when I am right. I am currently long US$140/point in a trade and hope to build a larger stake before it makes its move. My time horizon on this trade is 6-12 months which makes it more like an investment than a trade.

I continue to trade the ES contract short term as well :)

I suppose if a lie is repeated often enough people will start to believe it and that is what bothers me about Atilla. He has more than once, pulled random prices out of the air. So, just to make it clear, here is the post from my journal. Gold hadn't even hit $1600!

Sorry I didn't know where you had entered, just saw you both refer to Gold at 1600+.

So do you think that tight stops applies across all trading styles, leveraged and unleveraged (again, holding physical is obviously a different kettle of fish)?

For me, if I've bought something, and it goes down in price that means I was wrong. So I find it difficult to understand those who continue to buy Gold at a price, are proved wrong, and buy some more lower and keep being wrong. I'm not an investor or a fundamental trader though, so perhaps that's how it is done. By the sound of it, that isn't you, as you bought it lower and rode it up and were proved correct rather than repeatedly proved wrong.

Hope the $140/point trade worked out well for you :)

Last edited:

I do recall looking at that image and thinking how silly of you to do something like that posting a photo.

I'm almost certain it was around 1600+ something but I could be wrong as I didn't pay too much attention to it other than a passing snigger to be honest.

But you are obviously well and trully bountiful and I often find people with means can be tortured souls as opposed to poor happy go lucky gits.

And there lies a paradox of life :whistling

NN :sleep:

Sorry I didn't know where you had entered, just saw you both refer to Gold at 1600+.

I started buying gold back in 2010/ early2011 where I made the bulk of my purchases. I bought some gold when it was higher but Atilla is trying to make out I bought all of my gold at some ridiculously high price. It's lie and he knows it. I have a lot of money in gold and 1 or 2 coins is neither here nor there. At least I am honestly calling my purchases and not talking some abstract "Short the rises" nonsense. He said that at $1220 and it went all the way to $1400+...he won't talk about that though.

So do you think that tight stops applies across all trading styles, leveraged and unleveraged (again, holding physical is obviously a different kettle of fish)?

Short answer, yes...I'm talking trading! Investing is something different. I wouldn't tell someone to sell their house if prices dropped 10%.

Hope the $140/point trade worked out well for you :)

It was the Natgas ETF, I closed with a small loss.

I do recall looking at that image and thinking how silly of you to do something like that posting a photo.

I'm almost certain it was around 1600+ something but I could be wrong as I didn't pay too much attention to it other than a passing snigger to be honest.

But you are obviously well and trully bountiful and I often find people with means can be tortured souls as opposed to poor happy go lucky gits.

And there lies a paradox of life :whistling

NN :sleep:

I posted the picture in response to someone saying I probably did NOT own any gold...this is when the price was soaring and people like you were bitter and envious. Of course, now that prices are falling, everyone wants to believe I own1000's of tons of gold bought at $1900!

I posted the picture in response to someone saying I probably did NOT own any gold...this is when the price was soaring and people like you were bitter and envious. Of course, now that prices are falling, everyone wants to believe I own1000's of tons of gold bought at $1900!

Good work in that case.

Well done. (y)

If we manage to break below 1242-1240 zone there will be not much support until 1215. Today we might see some retracement.

Attachments

• XAUUSD.JPG
    XAUUSD.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 183
1240-1242 Support zone is still holding. Price action suggest we might see some retracement.

Attachments

• XAUUSD.JPG
    XAUUSD.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 198