Tom Hougaard

I don't know where this thread is going anymore.

You all put these guys up on a pedestal just so you can knock them down.

If Bloomberg didnt have guys like Tom, you'd probably be the first to complain and ask them to get some.

And you would still knock them down.

It's only show business for god's sake.
Dont take it so seriously.

No-one knows where the market is going, no-one.

PS: Have you seen the Treasury forecasts ?

:LOL: :LOL:

Theres no harm in anyone yabber blabbering about where the market is going .. whether it is Tom or someone else. I thought his charts each day looked like detailed versions of the German invasion plan of France; that worked of course .. 60 years ago that is!

If you can accurately get a handle on where the day ahead is going that is where it counts .. volatility or not .. there is usually 2 or 3 major upmoves/downmoves (ie Dow). Full of juice.

Or just trade what you see, not what you expect to see or what someone has said will happen. Just go with the market's flow to make money. :D

Good morning,

I am not charging £40 for my views...you can get them for free if you go to tactical trader or if you send me an email and I will put you on the list.

I do charge for my Market Map. I spent 2 hours a day designing it. I use it to make 2-3 SP points a day, thats a nice living....if you want, you can try it out for free for a week or 10 days, your choice, email me...

As for my calls: if you keep calling the market down, you will eventually be right, I accept that....but that is not what I am doing. As a matter of fact I specifically went on Bloomberg two weeks ago and said we would break 4300 in the FTSE, before moving lower. The market is a fluid entity and I cant be rigid in my views, so if I change my mind, it is to accommodate new information that the market is giving me

Did I call the low on the 13th March...yes, did I call for a high on 2nd July....YES, was it a bad call....YES, do I care? YES ...a lot because I know some people follow me.....but let me tell you something....I am sticking my neck out, and it is based on my work that I spend a lot of hours on....you have got to be in it to win it....

maybe we are moving higher from here, and my stop loss will take me out...but I am scaling into shorts....

have a good trading day

Just read Sunseekers post again, I think it's excellent. The guy's got balls and altho I do'nt always agree with him he deserves credit for being upfront and honest

Ditto,

It seems the sycophants dont hang around the same guy for long!

Last edited:
Surely we all trade (gamble) on what we 'expect to see'. Isn't that the whole point of using support/resistance/trendlines/fib etc.. we use them to predict likely future outcomes based on historic activity around these levels. And because it's only a 'likely' outcome we use stops for protection.

Tom does it, we all do it...

So okay, he's gone to tacticaltrader, he's moved on and so must we......lol!

nobody likes a splitter.

Personally I dont trade on what I "expect" to see as I react to what I actually do see.

Paul

I have to agree with Skim on this.. trade what you see, not what you expect to see. Remember the market does it's own thing.. and spookily enough, it always goes the other way when you place a trade.
The problem I've noticed in myself is that I keep on trying to catch a trade on a turnaround... (when will I learn?? :))... best thing is to go with the trend and time an appropriate entry. This has worked so much better for me...
It's a psychology thing, we like to buy low and sell high.. it should be buy high, sell higher!!!
Good luck!!

I do not think that T/H is correct in looking for a fall in the market but only because George Bush wants to be re-elected . anyway I just go with the flow to make money in the market today.

Whether you spend two hours, two days or even a month working out where you think the markets will go - everything just boils down to a guess- whether people want to accept that or not.

Thankfully enough my system is not based on guesses!

I will only guess when I am having a bit of fun- and my guesses certainly don't reflect on my trading method.

Anyone who wants to guess before the markets actually opens by whatever means they use and trade by it - all the very best to them.

I hope they make lots of money- and I mean that sincerely.

rglen quote-

"Whether you spend two hours, two days or even a month working out where you think the markets will go - everything just boils down to a guess"

"Thankfully enough my system is not based on guesses! "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EH!!!!

Last edited: