Time to chat

Thank you,so he can gain money in both directions,or not?
You said you know his method.

I haven't found an indicator yet that takes up a new window at the bottom of the chart that merits that space. I'd rather see the chart itself bigger with just a few moving averages and wait for the right looking price action to get me into a trade.

As for exits I asked a question a while ago about the best exit methods and got some interesting replies. If I'm trading a whole trend, maybe on a 1 minute chart then I just like to trail behind the 100 sma until I get stopped out. That sometimes works really well and keeps you in for longer than you would normally hold open but of course sometimes it gets you out halfway through a good trend that just took an extended pause. You can of course always reenter if it looks right. On a 4 hour or daily chart I'm more inclined to just trade the swings and trail behind the previous candle. My view is that on a good momentum run the price shouldn't break the top or bottom of the previous candle (depending on your trade direction). As soon as it does then banking your profit isn't a bad idea.

I don't know how well that fits in with your views?
Some good posts…. I’m with you on most aspects, the only indicator I really bother with apart from moving averages is RSI and I don’t use that to put a trade on but to pique my interest in a potential trade on 4hr+ timeframes. I then check PA, news, sentiment, volatility etc to see what is driving OB/OS conditions and whether the trade has a better than evens (IMHO) chance to make something, then it all boils down to trade management for wins or losses.

Some good posts…. I’m with you on most aspects, the only indicator I really bother with apart from moving averages is RSI and I don’t use that to put a trade on but to pique my interest in a potential trade on 4hr+ timeframes. I then check PA, news, sentiment, volatility etc to see what is driving OB/OS conditions and whether the trade has a better than evens (IMHO) chance to make something, then it all boils down to trade management for wins or losses.
How does the RSI help and merit the space it takes? I sort of understand but I don't think it shows anything that say, a 100 sma would show with a lot less chart space.

What sentiment information do you use? I used to watch the dailyfx/IG sentiment but I found it simply wasn't reliable as even a vague predictor of anything over the longer term.

The problem with stockmarkets is that there are many succesful traders,but they exist secretely,
they dont sell signals, they dont have sites,they dont have twitter with real trades,and followers.
They just exist somewhere, in stories in forums, the best hedge fund managers on the other side are able to
have a 15% yearly profit and they trade billions.
I sure know that all these succesfull traders exist ,but they are not willing to trade live in a forum because
they don"t have anything to prove, and they all are billionaires,but they all trade cfds and not futures
which is where the pros trade.

The newbies read these stories and they dream fortunes,they keep trying to become pros, untill they blow up.
But we know where all these money have gone,in the pockets of all these secret traders who exist,but noone ever have seen them trade live-}....
On the other hand the people who sell signals in known sites ,after couple of years they all dissapear,becouse they blow up.

Of the few successful traders I know not one of them even reads a forum. They sorted their method out themselves and stick to it rigidly. None are billionaires but it depends on how you define success. Only one of them makes a regular full time income from trading 1 min charts. The rest are higher timeframe traders or just outright long term investors who are happy with anything more than their bank can give them a year.

I've got nothing against forums if you feel the need to speak to like minded people but you know what they say, if 95% of traders lose in the mid to long term (some in the short term!) then who are you going to listen to? Not that you can't get good advice from forums.

Of the few successful traders I know not one of them even reads a forum. They sorted their method out themselves and stick to it rigidly. None are billionaires but it depends on how you define success. Only one of them makes a regular full time income from trading 1 min charts. The rest are higher timeframe traders or just outright long term investors who are happy with anything more than their bank can give them a year.

I've got nothing against forums if you feel the need to speak to like minded people but you know what they say, if 95% of traders lose in the mid to long term (some in the short term!) then who are you going to listen to? Not that you can't get good advice from forums.
If you dont know these guys from forums, where do you know them?
From all these millions who blow up their accounts you have met all these gurus in your neibhrhood?

So, the truth is ,that these guys are not traders they just invest in a stock and they have income from somewhere else, what i have said 5 years ago, that the so called expert traders, who sell advice, have income from somewhere else and they are selfcalled gurus.
The only think left now is to prove to us that your 1 minute guru friend, trades in both directions, and he is not a bull market expert like all the 13 year bullmarket experts who give advice in forums

How does the RSI help and merit the space it takes? I sort of understand but I don't think it shows anything that say, a 100 sma would show with a lot less chart space.

What sentiment information do you use? I used to watch the dailyfx/IG sentiment but I found it simply wasn't reliable as even a vague predictor of anything over the longer term.
I use RSI as a quick screener for a further look - not as a trade basis. If you’re happy to use SMA so be it! I’m not going to justify one way or another - Trading is an individual endeavour at the end of the day.
Sentiment - I read (and listen) extensively to the news and ask myself “so what”? There are some sentiment indicator eg CMC markets has one but tbh I don’t take any notice of it.
All the best, Swissy

If you dont know these guys from forums, where do you know them?
From all these millions who blow up their accounts you have met all these gurus in your neibhrhood?

So, the truth is ,that these guys are not traders they just invest in a stock and they have income from somewhere else, what i have said 5 years ago, that the so called expert traders, who sell advice, have income from somewhere else and they are selfcalled gurus.
The only think left now is to prove to us that your 1 minute guru friend, trades in both directions, and he is not a bull market expert like all the 13 year bullmarket experts who give advice in forums
I know them from personal introductions from other traders, they don't live in my neighbourhood and they are not gurus, they don't sell anything and are not interested in the slightest in talking to others about what they do. I'm not here to prove anything as I haven't made any claims about anything other than who I personally know and what they do. Seeing as you are a profitable trader are you telling me you don't know any other successful traders?

I dont hang out with traders,its a lonely proffesion, i dont have a reason to have discussions in roomtalks i dont attend seminars free or paid,i dont read books in trading ,i just use my brain .
I was joking in my previous post.
i occasionaly read forums