Tightest spreads offered?

wilko

Which spread betting co's offer the tightest spreads for UK equities please? Is there is list of brokers and spreads somewhere?
Cheers

Last edited:
Core Spreads are the new guys - they're a trading name of Finsa Europe Ltd. They have very tight spreads.

I've often been disappointed with spreads that were offered and I felt they should be tighter than was me own experience. But if yer shop around and ask yer mates, you'll find what you're lookin for alright.

Obviously, you'll want to get in early on as they don't stay that tight for ever.

If you are mainly looking to trade ftse100 shares than most SB firms will offer them at 0.1% spread (either side) of the LSE bid / ask, so you can use any of them.

However if you are looking at the ftse250 & smallcap shares then both CMC and GFT are the two I would recommend you look at. They both offer daily cash versions of the shares.

IG, City Index, ETX capital, Capital spreads and Spreadex will typically charge you between 0.2% and 0.35% (either side). Also of these only IG and Spreadex primarily offer daily cash versions with the others reverting more to future quarterly contacts as the smallcap companies capital size reduces to below £200m

If anyone else knows of another SB platform that offers a wide range of daily cash smallcap shares with only 0.1% spreads can they please add to the thread..as I'm always on the lookout to reduce costs

Last edited:
this new outfit? not sure how tight their spreads are, haven't looked, i'm trying to think of the name of that outfit that went into administration a while back. I recall they had really tight spreads. just wondering if there's any connection, business model or personnel. the name will come to me in a mo :confused:

this new outfit? not sure how tight their spreads are, haven't looked, i'm trying to think of the name of that outfit that went into administration a while back. I recall they had really tight spreads. just wondering if there's any connection, business model or personnel. the name will come to me in a mo :confused:

^worldspreads^

World Spreads?