Tightest FTSE spread? (1-pt)

squaregains said:
Etrade is Capitalspreads just under a different brand so their spreads are the same right?!

Not according to this

Capital Spreads is a division of London Capital Group which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and a member of the London Stock Exchange, LIFFE, Eurex, Deutsche Borse and Euronext.

E*TRADE Securities Limited, 42nd Floor 1 Canada Square London E14 5AA registered in Scotland No: SC10328 is authorised and regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Services Authority. Applications for Spreadbetting are introduced to London Capital Group which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered address 51/55 Gresham Street London EC2V 7EL.Registered No: 3218125.

spreads are not the same

well it is - i.e. captialspreads offer a whitelabel service which is what etrade has done - I know this since a friend (also on this site) is currently putting together another SB service based over captialspreads.

squaregains said:
well it is - i.e. captialspreads offer a whitelabel service which is what etrade has done - I know this since a friend (also on this site) is currently putting together another SB service based over captialspreads.

Is this Dealing Room? I ask as I've had an email from them and their website has the same layout as CS just with different colours.

Does anyone else here think that Finspreads is utter carp? The spread is 6 pips on cable,the execution is a complete joke,the platform looks like something from Blue Peter,and closing off a trade is made painfully slow.
After a tiny loss and a week's frustration I think I'll move on. Any comments anyone?

I think it is trying to encourage its customers to use instead its other division www.ifxmarkets.com

By going through the platform walkthrough, with Anna as the guide, it is very difficult to refuse, enticing should be the word, and you can see what a vast difference the two platforms are, if you can keep your eyes off Anna.

JillyB said:
Is this Dealing Room? I ask as I've had an email from them and their website has the same layout as CS just with different colours.

What their URL?

Their are a few CS whitelabels around - the spreads are the same since all the dealing is done through CS. My friend is thinking about offering a scheme where he rebates traders a % of his comission earned - from what I understand the numbers are small but would add up over a year esp. for a day trader...what do people think about this?

Windlesham1 said:
Does anyone else here think that Finspreads is utter carp? The spread is 6 pips on cable,the execution is a complete joke,the platform looks like something from Blue Peter,and closing off a trade is made painfully slow.
After a tiny loss and a week's frustration I think I'll move on. Any comments anyone?

Dear Windlesham1, it's a shame you feel that way about Fins as I have never experienced the poor execution that you mention with them. I've always been frustrated by being rejected by other brokers when I click on B/S meaning I miss the price and Fins have never done this so the spread doesn't bother me! :LOL:

Reading through this thread I also see that many of you haven't been to their site for a while. Their spread on FTSE is 2 ticks, Wall Street 4 (and that's narrower than the market spread!) and they've just decreased their S+P to 0.4. :eek:

How is Finspread's Wall Street 4 tick spread less than the market spread of 1 quoted on IB?

Visaria said:
How is Finspread's Wall Street 4 tick spread less than the market spread of 1 quoted on IB?

I was referring to the big dow futures which usually trade in increments of 4- 5 ticks at a time, whereas the minis usually have a spread of 1 but arn't traded in such a large lot size. :!:

Actually the big dow trades about only 3-4k a day compared to the mini dow's 70k+....goes some way towards explaining the difference in spread.

I'm curious, what does fin take as the basis of its quarterly dow, the big or the mini?

Visaria said:
Actually the big dow trades about only 3-4k a day compared to the mini dow's 70k+....goes some way towards explaining the difference in spread.

I'm curious, what does fin take as the basis of its quarterly dow, the big or the mini?

Hi Visaria, they are 8 ticks on their quarterlies. As far as I know SBs base their Dow on the Minis and hedge in the big Dow because of the larger lot size. :)

john88888 said:

As far as I know SBs base their Dow on the Minis and hedge in the big Dow because of the larger lot size. :)

I strongly doubt that. None of that makes any sense. BTW many SBs don't actually hedge...

Pip, pip, for Capital Spreads, I rate them. Yes 2 pts.

Also Cantor have a 1 pt spead most Mondays.

I bet between £5 and £15 per point.

Whats the footsie gunna do this week?

Yours

UK

New Company

asht2w said:
Hey Guys,
I have been using CapitalSpreads for a year, mainly for indices trading, and I am pretty impressed.
What baffles me is when other companies such as ETrade advertise their
spread-betting services s having the 'tightest spreads' which is not true.

E.g.
Capital spreads have a 2-pt spreadSn FTSE - which is easy to profit from.
ETrade FTSE spreads are 3-pts.
FinSpreads FTSE spreads were 4-pts last time I looked but they may have
come down to 3-pts after they introduced rolling-bets.

Does anyone know of any company offering a 1-pt spread yet?
Is it just a matter of time before we get 1-pt spreads or is 2-pts the limit if
companies are to make any profit margin at all?

cheers.

Ash.

Have you looked at FuturesBetting.com?

Could anyone please tell me if they are using futuresbetting.com or there uk counterpart twowayfutures and how long they have being using them and what the service is like because im thinking about opening an account with them but want to be sure they are reputable, at present I have being using cmc for 4 years.