Tick & Trin

Marky Suree

4 0
trick & trin

Hi im new to trading can anyone explain how trick and trin indicators work or recommend a book/website that will, as i'm slightly confused about how they work .

thanks

TheBramble

Legendary member
8,394 1,170
I think you might mean $TICK .

Measures the number of NYSE stocks currently trading on an up-tick (higher transaction price than the preceding transaction) against those trading on a down-tick.

+/-300 = Neutral
+/-1000 = Excessively Bullish/Bearish.

TRIN (also known as ARM's Index)

Formula is:-

Advancing Issues/Declining Issues
Advancing Volume/Declining Volume

A rising TRIN is normally taken as short-term Bearish, falling TRIN is short-term Bullish.

HTH

rossored

2,103 56
btw, if you're completely new to trading, T&T probably isnt the best thing to start with.

Try getting into some basic TA first - use the First Steps Forum threads - then once you're a bit more up on things, delve a little deeper.

RR

stoploss please

Established member
780 10
Some thing to look at

Tick and Trin. I remenber asking about that. Rossored is correct learn basic TA first and then work out how to read price and volume. The Tick can then be used as a filter. I had a look at the Trin. Although it is a good tool, the Tick gives you much better readings. If any thing, the $Tick used in conjuction with the $Prem could be a better combination.

Attachments

• dow 5min237.png
    dow 5min237.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 774

BrianBrain

1 0
This is my first post here so excuse the simple question .

Where can I get the tick and trin in real time ?? Quote.com doesn't have real time even though it claims to be - there is a 15 min delay .
This link below seems to be realtime but my I can't use this at work because of firewall ! It works at home though .
http://www.snappytrader.com/ta/ticktrin.htm

My broker - Ameritrade - does not offer this at all .

Can anyone help ??
Thanks

demag

54 4
Tick!

Yes,

I know, stupid question. But I have been looking at charts and would like to know, what is a tick? Presumably some measurement of time, but how much?

Thanks for being patient.

demag.

900xs

42 0
demag.......a tick is the smallest price change of a financial instrument, i.e. in FTSE it would be: 0.5 points.

What you may see on a chart that displays a tick chart is: not a measurement of time but rather of ticks. e.g. a tick chart (20 ticks for example) is a bar showing the range of the last 20 changes in price, so therefore it is not a measurement of time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock