Tick, Tiki and Trin

Joe Ross

Hey Joe! Would you mind explaining what the “Tick,” “Tiki” and the “Trin” are, and can they be used with Stochastics?

The tick, expresses the net total of NYSE stocks that have down-ticked or up-ticked on the last trade. When e-mini S&Ps are making new intra day highs, the tick should be +250 minimum. If the tick is negative, do not take a long position. When new intraday lows are being made, a -250 minimum value should be recorded. If the tick reaches over +500, try to buy a stochastic D line correction at 50 or lower and expect new intraday highs. After 2 PM CST, the T-Bonds close and S&P prices are prone to rally if they were being pressured they the bonds.

The Tiki does the same thing for the Dow 30 as the tick does for the NYSE Stock Index. It measures the tick for the 30 DJ Industrial stocks.

The Trin calculates two ratios of up and down volume on gaining and losing stocks. Below 65 the Trin is bullish and bearish above 110. Numbers are very important. The probability of financial ruin of a system 50% accurate with a 1¬-to-1 pay off risking 10% of capital on each trade is .99%, with a 2 to 1 payoff the probability of financial ruin falls to .008%.

Joe Ross

Hi Joe

What is you take on trading the EUR/USD Futures on CME. for scalping 3 to 6 pips

Thanks

indexgold said:
Hi Joe

What is you take on trading the EUR/USD Futures on CME. for scalping 3 to 6 pips

Thanks

isn't it the case that its the overall direction of the trin that's important if you are daytrading index futures not the absolute level? 3 April 2006 spx drops from 1310 to 1297 whilst trin's absolute level is bullish under 0.5 but trin starts trending up (bearish) at 12.30 est. At no point in the collapse does trin head materially above 0.5.

jcwonder8 said:
isn't it the case that its the overall direction of the trin that's important if you are daytrading index futures not the absolute level? 3 April 2006 spx drops from 1310 to 1297 whilst trin's absolute level is bullish under 0.5 but trin starts trending up (bearish) at 12.30 est. At no point in the collapse does trin head materially above 0.5.
With respect Trin or tick dont work on Forex.IN FACT THERE IS NO SUCH THING. I was only asking joe his thoughts on trading the EUR/USD

indexgold said:
With respect Trin or tick dont work on Forex.IN FACT THERE IS NO SUCH THING. I was only asking joe his thoughts on trading the EUR/USD

no problem meant to reply to Joe's original post not your response, my error.

EUR/USD on CME?

I think you mean euro fx, and if so, if you can execute fast enough, go for it. I am able to do 2 ticks in the T-Bonds and I know someone who does 2 ticks in DAX, so why not? Do what works for you.

JR

QUOTE=indexgold]Hi Joe

Thanks[/QUOTE]