Three line break

brys

Hi,

Do any of you use a trading platform (FX) that allows "Three-line-break" charting? Esignal does but I'm looking for others.

Thanks!

Cheers,

brys said:
Hi,

Do any of you use a trading platform (FX) that allows "Three-line-break" charting? Esignal does but I'm looking for others.

Thanks!

Cheers,
hi
you can program tradestation to use 3 line break as a paintbar/showme study, and use it through tick charts and time charts, do you trade soley from 3 line break charts?

jimmy1 said:
hi
you can program tradestation to use 3 line break as a paintbar/showme study, and use it through tick charts and time charts, do you trade soley from 3 line break charts?

Hi,

Thanks. Will have to check it out. I heard good things about TS.

I have been running a forward test on stocks using 3LB with very good results. Since I actually don't trade stocks I want to devise a system, which would work on FX. At this stage I'm using a combination of pivot points and some MA for my trading.

Hi brys,
Regarding pivot points (and resistance/support levels) have you been to Peter Bains site at www.tradingsmarts.com. He has lots of useful information but does not believe in using moving averages. However, this does not stop you from investigating their worth in a system.
I am also interested in an automated system but hqave only just started trading the forex.
Good luck in your search.

Hi again,
Sorry, this post has ended up in the wrong place. Cannot understand this. Sorry again for sending info that does not belong on this thread.

Three Line Break Algorithm

Hi

I am using Metastock which enables you to use the Three Line Break charting facility.

However, I would like to go further with this and have the facility of scanning a range of stocks to find those shares which have changed from a downwnard to an upward trend.

Does anybody know the algorithm for calculating the Three Line Break values that I could use.

Any help with this, would be much appreciated.

Regards

Mike Simmons ;)

Metastock

Hi Mike,

At this stage I cannot help you out. However, I'll be looking at it in the next couple of months unless you have the answer for it already.

Q. Are you using intraday data? If yes, who are you getting it from?

cheers,

Robert.

msimmons said:
Hi

I am using Metastock which enables you to use the Three Line Break charting facility.

However, I would like to go further with this and have the facility of scanning a range of stocks to find those shares which have changed from a downwnard to an upward trend.

Does anybody know the algorithm for calculating the Three Line Break values that I could use.

Regards

Mike Simmons ;)

Mike,

a quick search on google threw up this...
http://www.linnsoft.com/tour/threeLineBreakChart.htm

hope it helps.
Sven

msimmons said:
Hi

Regards

Mike Simmons ;)

Three Line Break

Hi Robert

I appreciate your contacting me.

I have decided to see whether I can crack this one myself.

I have Steve Nisons, Beyond Candlesticks which is very informative as to how
the 3lb is calculated - and have started to put this together in Excel -
which is likely to take me a bit of time - although this is not a high
priority, I will keep at it, as I like challenges and not to be beaten.

My enthusiasm for this is that the 3LB seems to have very good potential
when used in conjunction with other indicators.

I am only using end of day data, which suffices for my investment approach.

Regards

Mike

brys said:
Hi Mike,

At this stage I cannot help you out. However, I'll be looking at it in the next couple of months unless you have the answer for it already.

Q. Are you using intraday data? If yes, who are you getting it from?

cheers,

Robert.

three line break in EXCEL

I trade with 3 line break only, and I also want to develop the capabilty to run the numbers in EXCEL. I want to know if you have it now, please, and if you do will you share it with me? You may be able to save me a tremendous amount of time and effort.

Thanks!

Jim

msimmons said:
Hi Robert

I appreciate your contacting me.

I have decided to see whether I can crack this one myself.

I have Steve Nisons, Beyond Candlesticks which is very informative as to how
the 3lb is calculated - and have started to put this together in Excel -
which is likely to take me a bit of time - although this is not a high
priority, I will keep at it, as I like challenges and not to be beaten.

My enthusiasm for this is that the 3LB seems to have very good potential
when used in conjunction with other indicators.

I am only using end of day data, which suffices for my investment approach.

Regards

Mike

brys said:
Hi,

Thanks!

Cheers,

Try VT Trader charts. they off Renko charts and point&figure...and they are free

GFT offers Thee-line-break on their dealbook FX2 platform.

Nemo

brys said:
Hi,

Thanks!

Cheers,

Thank you for your reply. I need to clarify, so people can help me get what I am specifically looking for.

I am specifically trying to find the three line break *formulae* so I can calculate the values in EXCEL. Thanks to all who can help.

Best,

Jim Robertson

Sharescope Gold (EOD) has 2-line breaks. You can alter this from 3 to any number between 1 and 10. good charts for confirming trends, break-outs, S&R, though I emphasise confirming. Easier to read than P&F.

I have use the three break method with modification. Basically altering the concept to integrate point and figure trading. This is done by requiring the reversal to have a required point achievment ie .50,$1.00 etc similar to P and F

TS cannot auto trade three line break charts. Does anyone know of any platform that will trade automaticly three line break charts. I would appreciate seeing the Excell inputs for this.