Theresa May

Perhaps she could make him Governor of Pitcairn Island. Nice and remote. Personally I would put the boot in before he really goes beserk.

Perhaps she could make him Governor of Pitcairn Island. Nice and remote. Personally I would put the boot in before he really goes beserk.

AND what if he comes back with a spiffing large order for BAE Systems ? (y)

AND what if he comes back with a spiffing large order for BAE Systems ? (y)

The islanders probably don't want a range of super duper missiles. Which doesn't mean they won't be sold a shipload or two. They could pay in sea shells perhaps.

:LOL:

What did Boris call the President of France ?
C'mon Theresa sack him soon or move him to waste disposal.
He isn't Britain's finest I hope. He's a disgrace. Probably drunk.

If you are right it is at Britain's expense.

Not at all. For every foreign politician he upsets, half of his/her country's voters will be highly amused, as will half his/her political "colleagues", and half his/her country's allies.

All this at no loss of Conservative votes in the UK.

Most importantly to may etc. Boris becomes increasingly seen by their "colleagues" as a very bad choice as an opponent to May for the next occupation of No.10.

Not at all. For every foreign politician he upsets, half of his/her country's voters will be highly amused, as will half his/her political "colleagues", and half his/her country's allies.

All this at no loss of Conservative votes in the UK.

Most importantly to may etc. Boris becomes increasingly seen by their "colleagues" as a very bad choice as an opponent to May for the next occupation of No.10.

They will get their own back in the Brexit negotiations and make themselves out to be the injured party.
The sooner She sacks him the better for us imho.

I think Bonkers Borris may well be PM one day.

He has the people on his side and much like Trump can do no wrong?

Sometimes smart aleks out do them selves, as well may May do! :cheesy:

It's very easy to underestimate Boris. Remember, we are comparing him to the standard Foreign Office product whose main aim in life is not to offend anybody. I believe there is a large body of people who quite admire Boris's stance but are unwilling to make their views known too publicly. That's why the pollsters have been wrong so often.

It seems to me that Theresa and Boris are doing the old "nice man/nasty man" routine that used to work so well in interrogations before the days of waterboarding. I note that Theresa hasn't slapped him down and I believe she has said something along the lines of that he was just making a perfectly reasonable point. So I think she either supports him or thinks he is doing less harm than if she gives him the sack. Either way, being overly nice and grovelling (like what Dave did) to the EU will, I think, achieve little of benefit for the UK.

Last edited:
Well well May has dropped a clanger over the election manifesto.
Who on earth does she ask ? The village idiot ?
Still punishing the poor and disabled with more tax etc.

I do feel we're having to vote for whichever party will do least damage to the country, rather than the most good.

Well well May has dropped a clanger over the election manifesto.
Who on earth does she ask ? The village idiot ?
Still punishing the poor and disabled with more tax etc.
I don't think that will matter, I reckon hardly anyone reads the manifesto. And most people will vote for whoever they usually vote for. Probably due to the fact that growing up their father voted a certain way.

I don't think that will matter, I reckon hardly anyone reads the manifesto. And most people will vote for whoever they usually vote for. Probably due to the fact that growing up their father voted a certain way.

Fortunately some pundit on the telly does the boring work of reading their blurb and then points out the main points.

I can't be bothered.

Fortunately some pundit on the telly does the boring work of reading their blurb and then points out the main points.

I can't be bothered.

Agreed. And I too think that people are not swayed by the manifestos. If they're undecided, they're more likely to vote according to the level of trust (or distrust) they feel for the individual leader. Got to respect that.

But many people are passionate about single issues and any party who jerks their particular chain gets their vote. Usually these single issues are meaningless to the UK as a whole but these people will vote for the authors even if it means harm to the country. These people are sincere but nevertheless should be barred from voting in a general election on grounds of mental incompetence.

A homeless man who was sleeping near Manchester Arena has been hailed a hero for rushing to help young victims injured by the blast.

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/...r-Victims-Is-Given-A-Home#GRkeJw0yxYFkR0xs.99

DAg1JpiXYAAyicw.jpg

Let's ask him which party he'd like to vote for?

I also like what his mum told him when he was a boy.

Somebody in a phone in on the LBC this morning pointed out that bringing troops in to help out with the policing is likely to reflect well on Theresa May.

Seeing the army on duty and call, helping out the police, makes her look like a strong leader.

However, he pointed out that police have come under much pressure under the tories with cut backs and reduced numbers so they are stretched when such incidents occur and don't have the numbers.

It is the perverse way that Tories get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to business and managing when in reality they are truly at the root cause of most failings be it meddling with schools and teachers, hospital management and nurses or subsidising private health and police numbers.

Call a referendum on Brexit because they are split and hemorrhaging to UKIP and suddenly they are the party to deliver the best Brexit deal. Theresa May comes out of the grass like a crawling slivering snake and hey presto she's the next best thing to sliced bread England has ever known. Hail Thatcherism. Hail Mayism. Yukkky.

Politics and the illusion of tory good management one big deception.

Thank goodness the silly woman doesn't want MORE submarines.
Trump is also cutting welfare to pay for even more weapons. If only the terrorists would crawl away - the politicians would not have the excuse to waste even more money on weapons.

Somebody in a phone in on the LBC this morning pointed out that bringing troops in to help out with the policing is likely to reflect well on Theresa May.

Seeing the army on duty and call, helping out the police, makes her look like a strong leader.

However, he pointed out that police have come under much pressure under the tories with cut backs and reduced numbers so they are stretched when such incidents occur and don't have the numbers.

It is the perverse way that Tories get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to business and managing when in reality they are truly at the root cause of most failings be it meddling with schools and teachers, hospital management and nurses or subsidising private health and police numbers.

Call a referendum on Brexit because they are split and hemorrhaging to UKIP and suddenly they are the party to deliver the best Brexit deal. Theresa May comes out of the grass like a crawling slivering snake and hey presto she's the next best thing to sliced bread England has ever known. Hail Thatcherism. Hail Mayism. Yukkky.

Politics and the illusion of tory good management one big deception.

Use of the army in providing tough security is a double-edged sword for any UK government. It definitely suggests lack of readiness and resource and possibly equipment amongst the police forces.

Police funding cuts haven't helped but worth noting police funding cuts were started by Labour. Its wrong to blame the conservatives alone but we should all be concerned that we aren't fully protected. In 2011–12, there were 6,756 Authorised Firearms Officers, 12,550 police operations in which firearms were authorised throughout England and Wales and 5 incidents where conventional firearms were used. In 2014-15 the situation was significantly worse - we had 5,647 Authorised Firearms Officers (down 16%) and 14,666 police operations throughout England and Wales in which the deployment of firearms was authorised (up 17%). If this isn't scandalous, what is?

(By the way, in France, if you've been there the last few years, you will have seen a different approach. They put fully kitted infantry patrols in all public areas, they've recently upped the number of soldiers per patrol to 4 each but I have seen 5 occasionally. I have never been in a high street or city centre area without seeing a patrol in recent years. Obviously they will never bump into a terrorist or a terrorist incident accidentally but that's not the aim: these patrols are bait - they hope to be the targets of an attack - then they can respond with, hopefully, overwhelming force. Several have been attacked in recent years and the attackers dealt with so maybe France can claim a successful strategy.)

Back here in the UK, let's face it, nobody can manage education or health.