TheBramble

TheBramble

Legendary member
Sharky has suggested to me by email that TheBramble and t2w ‘part company’.

Unfortunately, I can’t see any reason to disagree with him. And as it’s his site and as I’m obviously no longer welcome on it, it would be inappropriate for me to participate further.

But rather than just let TheBramble become another ‘I wonder what happened to…’ and for me to get definitive closure on this, I’m posting this to let you know that even though I wont be around 'here' anymore, I’m still ‘around’.

Many of you already have my email address. Anyone who wants to discuss genuine trading related stuff is welcome to contact me on the email in my sig below. My PM is off as I wont be coming here to read them anymore.

I wish Sharky well with his site and although I personally feel it has lost the focus, direction, character, intelligence, quality, intent, weight of experience and integrity it once had, I’m sure it’s a far more valuable commodity for all that in its current form. And to be fair, if I was Sharky I wouldn’t care too much either about what just one member out of 100,000 thinks when he’s worked so hard, and worked others even harder, to get to the site to this point. He certainly knows how to drive traffic. It's a good model and it works, albeit from a certain rather limited, but very persuasive perspective, but unfortunately not for the benefit of the general membership in my view.

Good Trading to everyone and may Luck constantly nibble your extremities.

For all the usual suspects that tend to come out with the ‘so what’ and ‘who cares’ responses at these times, I wont be catching your exquisite wit myself, but don’t deprive others of the opportunity to confirm their suspicions of your intelligence.

[email protected]

Last edited:
Hi Tony,
I don't begin to understand what this is all about but, then again, as you once inferred, intelligence isn't my strong point! I say this as you've been conspicuous by your absence of late, so it seems an odd juncture for Paul to suggest a parting of the ways. Be that as it may, in spite of our acrimonious disagreements over the years, I have to say that I've learnt a lot from you and enjoyed many of your posts, except the ones giving me grief, obviously. ;) And, I suspect like many other T2Wers, I'm dead jealous of your dry humour and unparalleled command of the English language. It's quite awesome. If you ever decide to write a book, I shall gladly part with some of my 'hard earned' to buy a copy.
My very best wishes to you and your family for the future.
Tim.

Why, pray tell, has this fellow been ejaculated?
Ian, I haven't been 'ejaculated' - LOL. It was a polite suggestion from Sharky.

(teach me to come back for an edit…)

For the reasons I listed above and in an attempt to avoid potential copyright issues pending publication under contract, I asked admin some months ago to remove my posts. After getting to the point of having to decide to spend significant money time and effort in formally enforcing my copyright through legal means, but with only a 50/50 prospect of success, being a sensible boy, I pulled back and let it go.

I emailed Sharky to let him know of my decision and to put the matter to rest. He appears to feel the situation was ‘acrimonious’ obviously to sufficient degree to warrant his suggesting a parting of the ways.

I pointed out there was no acrimony on my side and even suggested a small tweak to the site which would in my view provide sufficient integrity for me to feel ethically comfortable with posting again. That was almost two weeks ago and as I’ve had no response, I can only assume his suggestion was rather more a command than a request.

That’s it really.

Last edited:
Hi Tony,
I don't begin to understand what this is all about but, then again, as you once inferred, intelligence isn't my strong point! I say this as you've been conspicuous by your absence of late, so it seems an odd juncture for Paul to suggest a parting of the ways. Be that as it may, in spite of our acrimonious disagreements over the years, I have to say that I've learnt a lot from you and enjoyed many of your posts, except the ones giving me grief, obviously. ;) And, I suspect like many other T2Wers, I'm dead jealous of your dry humour and unparalleled command of the English language. It's quite awesome. If you ever decide to write a book, I shall gladly part with some of my 'hard earned' to buy a copy.
My very best wishes to you and your family for the future.
Tim.
Funny you should mention that. Finally got a publisher for 'Unfashionable Advice'.

I often think that people fade away because, once a certain point has been reached, they get less value from most boards. Once you're not learning much, unless you play the guru game or just play games, the value is reduced for many. Interesting to see that your reason is different.

Best wishes for the future and your publishing Tony.

Sorry to hear you're leaving.

BTW that email is going to be spammed to death if you leave it on an open forum like that.

Well blow me down with a feather, how are ya Brimbley,haa ha, not another 'where's Brumbley?' saga, thought the last time we spoke, the chill pills where working???.

Have not been here in ages till the last few weeks and then you turn up...scary. How did you fair in the last few months buddy? don't show off to much please.

Drop me a mail, I lost yours when I had a PC nightmare, tell me all the juicy bits, hows the hounds? you still skiing? or the old legs packed in yet?

Garzan

I am going to miss the TheBrambles particular perceptions at this site.

Tony has always taken a more deeper view of trading, going beyond mere systems and settings, to the more profound aspects such as the process of developing systems, and th4e underlying nature of things.

as per nine, you reach a point you're not learning anything new, and boredom sets in, or certainly a sense of "nothing new" to be found.

best wishes TheBramble for the future. (y)

A board is not really driven or filled with life by an intrinsic guidance of it's owner.

A board is just the sum of it's members participations in the form of more or less witty banter or serious content, a healthy mixture of which is probably the best guarantor of long term success.

All work and no play, etc, would a pretty boring board make.

Let's also be clear on the motivations to participate on trading boards of those who can make their living from trading already: for quite a few of us trading is a lonely occupation undertaken from the solitude of ones home, and a trading board for us is not a place where we learn to trade, for us it primarily offers some cameraderie from like minded colleagues with whom we want to have some fun and a laugh, while occasionaly getting to share some information or insights, or point a newbie in the odd right direction or two.

But lets face it, boards have no justification as educators, you learn how to trade by doing it, not from reading through anonymous boards where no newbie can know who is honestly sharing a net profitable method, or who couldn't trade themselves out of a paper bag if their lives depended on it, but still pretend to be great gurus on the internet because sadly enough that is all they have in their lives.

And lets be honest, I really think that every person contributing their insights on a public board should understand what to me at least appears rather obvious, once you've released your nuggets of wisdom from between your ears via your typewriter and off through the web to your board of choice it is after it's arrival and publication for all to peruse and subsequently enjoy, deride or ignore no longer your pride and possession, it is by then in the public domain.

I really think it is ego clouding ones judgement for whatever the real underlying reasons may be to actually take onseself so seriously by demanding that ones resident board brainchilds be copyrighted and removed.

Whatever the real cause for the misunderstanding between you and Sharky may have been, which we do not know - you obviously didn't one day out of the blue decide to have all your posts here deleted -, it certainly led to the not too appetizing symptoms you'll agree of threatening a mutual expenditure whose sole outcome would have been increasing lawyers incomes.

Now I honestly believe that you are sufficiently intelligent to write a book without having to remove all of your posts on this board...

Which is a rather pointless endeavour anyway, most of your posts are so far seperated through time and location that for all intents and purposes they are lost anyway, so your book would give them the fresh airing and focus that they undoubtedly deserve, and besides, you surely do not need to rely on past musings for a book yet to be written in the first place, you do not strike me as a one trick pony.

And that brings me to the end of this as usual far too long post of mine:

If I were Sharky I'd quite understandably be upset at what you suggested, taking him to court to have your posts removed.

You are intelligent enough to understand that.

But because you are a clever guy with an entertaining style and many valuable insights to share - not all of which I agree with but that's what discussions are there for - I would really miss your contributions here.

Can't you and Paul have a talk man to man and sort things out, put behind you what really happened between you two and normalize your relations again, I don't know and I don't care who started it, but for whoever that was to say sorry first is a sign of strength and courage, not of weakness, and anyway, life is quite simply too short to harbor unnecessary grievances.

As I said earlier, I for one would really miss all that you have and could continue to contribute here.

Whatever happens and however you two decide to continue, I do absolutely wish you all the very best in your trading and in your personal life Tony.

Not that this has anything much to do with anything else, but you were the first person with whom I talked here, and you were the first person to send me a very nice PM.

Take care.

:)

I'll be very sorry to see you go, if thats the final outcome Tony.

I've found your posts over the years to be a wonderfully thought provoking mixture of deep market knowledge, biting sattire and literary dexterity.

Hope to stay in touch via other means.

once you've released your nuggets of wisdom from between your ears via your typewriter and off through the web to your board of choice it is after it's arrival and publication for all to peruse and subsequently enjoy, deride or ignore no longer your pride and possession, it is by then in the public domain.

Thought I'd clarify that...

It is in the public domain, but obviously still eternally your brainchild.

If I give an interview to a newspaper what I said doesn't suddenly belong to the newspaper, my printed views and statements will still forever be mine, free to repeat wherever and whenever I so choose.

Too be fair to the sharky, he has had the foresight to make a goodbusiness out of t2w, and as a site controller, compared to other sites, he is far from heavy handed.
Sure, some of the adds, vendors, spammers etc can be a touch annoying, but..............

A board is not really driven or filled with life by an intrinsic guidance of it's owner.

A board is just the sum of it's members participations in the form of more or less witty banter or serious content, a healthy mixture of which is probably the best guarantor of long term success.

All work and no play, etc, would a pretty boring board make.

Let's also be clear on the motivations to participate on trading boards of those who can make their living from trading already: for quite a few of us trading is a lonely occupation undertaken from the solitude of ones home, and a trading board for us is not a place where we learn to trade, for us it primarily offers some cameraderie from like minded colleagues with whom we want to have some fun and a laugh, while occasionaly getting to share some information or insights, or point a newbie in the odd right direction or two.

But lets face it, boards have no justification as educators, you learn how to trade by doing it, not from reading through anonymous boards where no newbie can know who is honestly sharing a net profitable method, or who couldn't trade themselves out of a paper bag if their lives depended on it, but still pretend to be great gurus on the internet because sadly enough that is all they have in their lives.

And lets be honest, I really think that every person contributing their insights on a public board should understand what to me at least appears rather obvious, once you've released your nuggets of wisdom from between your ears via your typewriter and off through the web to your board of choice it is after it's arrival and publication for all to peruse and subsequently enjoy, deride or ignore no longer your pride and possession, it is by then in the public domain.

I really think it is ego clouding ones judgement for whatever the real underlying reasons may be to actually take onseself so seriously by demanding that ones resident board brainchilds be copyrighted and removed.

Whatever the real cause for the misunderstanding between you and Sharky may have been, which we do not know - you obviously didn't one day out of the blue decide to have all your posts here deleted -, it certainly led to the not too appetizing symptoms you'll agree of threatening a mutual expenditure whose sole outcome would have been increasing lawyers incomes.

Now I honestly believe that you are sufficiently intelligent to write a book without having to remove all of your posts on this board...

Which is a rather pointless endeavour anyway, most of your posts are so far seperated through time and location that for all intents and purposes they are lost anyway, so your book would give them the fresh airing and focus that they undoubtedly deserve, and besides, you surely do not need to rely on past musings for a book yet to be written in the first place, you do not strike me as a one trick pony.

And that brings me to the end of this as usual far too long post of mine:

If I were Sharky I'd quite understandably be upset at what you suggested, taking him to court to have your posts removed.

You are intelligent enough to understand that.

But because you are a clever guy with an entertaining style and many valuable insights to share - not all of which I agree with but that's what discussions are there for - I would really miss your contributions here.

Can't you and Paul have a talk man to man and sort things out, put behind you what really happened between you two and normalize your relations again, I don't know and I don't care who started it, but for whoever that was to say sorry first is a sign of strength and courage, not of weakness, and anyway, life is quite simply too short to harbor unnecessary grievances.

As I said earlier, I for one would really miss all that you have and could continue to contribute here.

Whatever happens and however you two decide to continue, I do absolutely wish you all the very best in your trading and in your personal life Tony.

Not that this has anything much to do with anything else, but you were the first person with whom I talked here, and you were the first person to send me a very nice PM.

Take care.

:)

As I said Keep taking the 'Chill Pills' ....you listning Bummely?

BTW great post BSD

Seriously, we all know Tony is a major pain in the ass, he is far to inteligent for his own good, which could easily be dealt with by slagging him off with our wit and charm. The bugger about it is, someone in his house has access to wit and charm too...ok maybe not the charm so much.

That's way to much ammunition to have for one individual to have . I thought maybe the Ol bugger may mellow a bit as time went by Mmmmm

As BSD has indicated maybe it's time to step back a tad and take a look at what this board really is to oneself....Lawyers?...surely not that important?

Bimmble, go ask the guy in your house who supplies all the wise cracks what he thinks........Relax man, take a chill, let's walk the dogs (you pick the s#ite up though)..let's have a beer!.

Me tinks you should let him speak to Paul Buddy.

I did come back to the site looking for your Dribble and was dissapointed when you had not posted and now this...again! I will miss you posts mate.

Gary

Good luck

Ian, I haven't been 'ejaculated' - LOL. It was a polite suggestion from Sharky.

(teach me to come back for an edit…)

For the reasons I listed above and in an attempt to avoid potential copyright issues pending publication under contract, I asked admin some months ago to remove my posts. After getting to the point of having to decide to spend significant money time and effort in formally enforcing my copyright through legal means, but with only a 50/50 prospect of success, being a sensible boy, I pulled back and let it go.

I emailed Sharky to let him know of my decision and to put the matter to rest. He appears to feel the situation was ‘acrimonious’ obviously to sufficient degree to warrant his suggesting a parting of the ways.

I pointed out there was no acrimony on my side and even suggested a small tweak to the site which would in my view provide sufficient integrity for me to feel ethically comfortable with posting again. That was almost two weeks ago and as I’ve had no response, I can only assume his suggestion was rather more a command than a request.

That’s it really.
TheBramble

I was one of the people who campaigned for your legitimate return when you crept back under another alias sometime following your ban.

I did this because your posts have always been entertaining and instructive and I would recommend your new book to anyone (even though I haven't seen it yet :LOL:).

During my brief time as a moderator I had a short run in with you when I deleted one of your posts as part of an overall clean-up on a thread that was going off-rail and I know how protective and proud of your posts you were. In that sense it is ironic that you want to have them deleted.

From time to time when users get frustrated with a site, its members or its policies and wishes to remove all of their posts. This is a shame because it deprives the "innocent" members of the community from the jewels that lie therein. In that sense I am glad your legacy will remain.

You now have the opportunity to present to the trading world a new legacy free from interjections, distractions and unwanted editing and I wish you well in that endeavour.

Charlton

Anyway 'Sod Him'....hee..hee

Been away a while, 'who's Hot' and 'who's Not' anything worth searching on while I'm here?

Cheers Gaz