TheBramble

TheBramble

I was one of the people who campaigned for your legitimate return when you crept back under another alias sometime following your ban.

I did this because your posts have always been entertaining and instructive and I would recommend your new book to anyone (even though I haven't seen it yet :LOL:).

During my brief time as a moderator I had a short run in with you when I deleted one of your posts as part of an overall clean-up on a thread that was going off-rail and I know how protective and proud of your posts you were. In that sense it is ironic that you want to have them deleted.

From time to time when users get frustrated with a site, its members or its policies and wishes to remove all of their posts. This is a shame because it deprives the "innocent" members of the community from the jewels that lie therein. In that sense I am glad your legacy will remain.

You now have the opportunity to present to the trading world a new legacy free from interjections, distractions and unwanted editing and I wish you well in that endeavour.

Charlton

Hope it's got pictures in? might buy it just to see how ugly he is. No cheating Tony, recent photo please and no air brushing.

Dont waste money on solicitors, a DDOS attack would have been far more cost effective

still sorry to see you go

So whata ya tink BimBobs? Is what you do and give on this site more important, than what has or not happened with Paul?
Maybe I'm being a little selfish and I dont know jiggly zip whats gone on, but all long term members are very important to us newbies, so I personnely would ask you to bite the bullet if that's what it takes and consider the loss to us mere mortals. I am sure like me you would be much respected for it by others here also, which has been noted above.

Come on Tony...life is just to short Buddy. We could call it 'One All' and move on, you could then continue wrecking my head and I might even laugh at some of your crap jokes.

Ps, when is Penguin releasing the book?

Gaz X

BTW where did you get your education? you must of been in school till you was 40, why not just flunk out at 17 and buy a good spell check...like I does?

BTW where did you get your education? you must of been in school till you was 40, why not just flunk out at 17 and buy a good spell check...like I does?

17?...17?
Pah!...Blody lugdurey. I were 15 when I left skool and we lived so far away up a mountain I was 16 by the time I got home and my duffle coat didn't even have all the toggles on.

All youse brainy folk dont know your livin...

Reactions: BSD
Tony,

your contribution has been fantastic..

I have known Paul for at least 8 years and he has always been a fair person .. In fact I know him before T2W .

Good luck Tony ,,

Grey1

So...where all agreed then....billbob is a bar steward in this matter then??????

Just playing devils advocat, you undestand?

Still think he should bite the bullet though and bore us some more.

Last edited:
Sorry to see you go. I was a lurker for about four years and you were one of my favorites. :cry:
You always had a slightly slanted way about you, and that's what I liked.
I think your brain puts out a few more watts than most.
I didn't agree with every thing I read but I still considered you extra valuable.
Oh and do us all a favor and advertise for your book here on Trade2Win when it comes out! :cheesy:

17?...17?
Pah!...Blody lugdurey. I were 15 when I left skool and we lived so far away up a mountain I was 16 by the time I got home and my duffle coat didn't even have all the toggles on.

All youse brainy folk dont know your livin...

Duffle Coats..posh sod you..we used to call them eiderdowns.

Ah, Tony!

Surely, your name was just an exercise in self parody and it's in the nature of things that you'll be back in one form or another. :)

Ciao

Mayfly

When I read your book (free at Borders) you better not have plagiarised me ,but if you havn't it'll be a very short book !;) LOL

Seriously , ok not too serious , you are missing one thing Tony , the guy who said we humans just need better games to play was excrutiatingly insightful ..walk around that long enough and it's hard to take oneself too seriously ;)

I am going to miss you TheBramble...but not nearly as much as I miss Connie Brown or The Degrees :cry:

Aren't forums a bit like friends really? You really enjoy each other for some time then you get bored or just simply move on to new friends (move onto new forums). Sometimes you're in touch with the old friends years later and you think 'why did we ever lose touch?' and you carry on as though nothing ever happened (you come back to the old forum to find out what's new/ who's new). Sometimes you never get back in touch and that's just the way it is.

Apart from here not that many of us know each other that well, if at all, and yet we take things so personally. Maybe we all need to get out more and just forget about unimportant things and concentrate on what's really important to you and your loved ones. I suppose it's how you define as important or unimportant.

Good luck Tony

Hi Bramble,

good to hear from you. I knew you were still around when I saw you rep the odd post here and there.

Must admit I was wondering why you had gone quiet of late, thought perhaps you were fed up with all the arguments about religion/conspiracy theories/politics etc and lack of constructive posts about trading.

I'm not really sure what's gone on with you and Sharky but reading between the lines I guess it could be something to do with the option ( or lack of ) to go back and edit/delete posts.

If that's the case then I would agree with you. I for one would feel more comfortable if we had that option ( again ). I understand the argument against it though, it would make posts that reply to deleted posts look stupid or out of context.

For us, this new technology called tinternet takes some getting used to. We may say things in face to face conversations subconsciously aware that what we say is time perishable along with the listeners imperfect memory.

However, when we go online and say something it's easy to forget that once a thing is said that's it, it's said for all eternity, written in stone for the entire world to see.

I've noticed this new phenomenon where peeps are going back and erasing what they've written online. I think I read something in another thread about the sudden increase in people on Facebook deleting their profiles.

Communicating via the internet puts a lot of pressure on our slowly evolving human brains that find it difficult to cope with new technologies.

I think people are becoming more aware of the possible consequences from communicating openly online and when on forums such as this we may become reticent.

I suppose the only effective way to deal with this problem is to lurk,

Personally I try to stick to a few basic rules.

This is the sort of thing I mean.....

1) Never post when drunk/high/stoned ( this is the one I have the most trouble sticking to )

2) Never post when your pulse rate is up

3) Never post anything to reveal your true identity

4) Never post anything of value ( I'm particularly good at this one myself :cheesy: )

5) Never let your GF take pictures of you wearing her underwear ( don't know what that's all about but just thought I might include that one :rolleyes: )

6) Never post anything your boss could use against you

7) Never post anything a future employer could find by googling your name

8) Never post a picture of yourself wearing only a pair of skidders and a mobile phone

etc, etc, etc.....

Anyway Bramble, sorry if I've completely misunderstood the situation ( you know me ), if I have let me know and I'll go back and edit/delete this post ( assuming the option hasn't timed out by then ).

I wouldn't want to derail your departing thread.

Let me know the title of your book BTW, I promise, if I can't find a pirate version of it on the net I'll go out and buy a copy :devilish:

No seriously, I'd love to own a copy, if only to satisfy my curiosity more than anything else.

All the best

dd

Last edited:
Looks like your still around - good news, I'm glad. One of a very few intelligent posters on this site :)
[Flame suit on...]

Where have all the traders gone...?

Looks like your still around - good news, I'm glad. One of a very few intelligent posters on this site :)
[Flame suit on...]

One can understand bramble going. T2w is a crumbling ruin compared to the early days when customer (trader) was king. I now find many posts so boring as not to be worth a "click" and view with sadness the bleed of good traders from the site. Sadly, in some respects T2W is turning into an egotists playground and vendor data base. Good luck Bramble;)

Bramble for teh win;
I hope that your book is as good as Gladiator teh film.
Watch out for Sharky twyin to eat it before its published;
Oh noes, i miss'ad a twade as i type.