The Trading Game - Oct 2013: Week 5 (Final Week)

Sharky

Staff
Week 5 of the Oct game is on.. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-announcements/179522-trading-game.html

The October leaderboard stands as:

1. postman = 30 points ($150 Amazon Voucher)
2. bustech = 22 points ($100 Amazon Voucher)
3. Schofield = 16 points ($50 Amazon Voucher)
4. Zen Archer = 10 points
4. NVP = 10 points
6. barjon = 8 points
7. attila = 6 points
8. pat494 = 4 points
8. Dick Lexic = 4 points
10. ffsear = 2 points

Get your entries in below for the lat week of the game.

Welcome back.. good question! Actually looks like you had a doppleganger since Week 3. Now I've gone back and fixed all the leaderboard, and this pushes you into 4th position, 6 points away from the prizes winners.

Long CL 97.63
worse entry than I should have got :(
Hurricane playing havoc with my internet connection!

Trend is changing to UP according to my trend analysis and we bounced from an area of interest to me, based on Fridays action. High volume node.

Stop at 97.15

Attachments

• delme.jpg
    delme.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 374
Out here at 98.33 for +70 ticks profit.

Shot up straight away and came very close to my profit target. It then plummeted back to near Breakeven! I was cursing not closing it, but it has since come up again and i'm out.

Attachments

• delme.jpg
    delme.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 385
  • delme2.jpg
    delme2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 398
Here's a planned short, but it'll need to be supported by FTSE coming off the boil. Will post if entered.

Attachments

• ulvruksbm15.png
    ulvruksbm15.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 337
Here's a planned short, but it'll need to be supported by FTSE coming off the boil. Will post if entered.

No entry and finished on high of the day. Will look again tomorrow - maybe with different set-up.

Attachments

• GU sell trade on.PNG
    GU sell trade on.PNG
    45.3 KB · Views: 338
hmmmm...........

actually after a little more chart gazing....I am really really nervous on the benefits of holding the G/U for rest of the week .........i'll take my pips and step out .....call it a day :cool:

closed out as seen on chart below .........not sure if i'm allowed to trade again this week now ?

I have a feeling the yen is gonna take some hits :sneaky:

cheers all
N

Attachments

• closed as seen.PNG
    closed as seen.PNG
    15.8 KB · Views: 323
I'm short on Dow cash at 15725, I posted it earlier here.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/120172-anyone-scalping-ftse-futures-3733.html#post2211924

We've hit a triple top (to within a small percentage) on the Dow plus its moved 1000 points up in the last 3 weeks.
This is a long term hold but I will close the position for this competition before Friday.
We might see a buying frenzy to take out some sell stops early in the session so a very high stop for me today but bringing it back to break even as quickly as possible.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/120172-anyone-scalping-ftse-futures-3733.html#post2211924

We've hit a triple top (to within a small percentage) on the Dow plus its moved 1000 points up in the last 3 weeks.
This is a long term hold but I will close the position for this competition before Friday.
We might see a buying frenzy to take out some sell stops early in the session so a very high stop for me today but bringing it back to break even as quickly as possible.

jees............give the rest of us a chance dude ....:cool:

N

No entry and finished on high of the day. Will look again tomorrow - maybe with different set-up.

Typical :mad: Out all day and missed an entry shortly before 3pm. I doubt there'll be a second chance tomorrow so it looks like this one will go begging. On the bright side, it won't count as a loss though :LOL:

Attachments

• ulvruksbm15.png
    ulvruksbm15.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 315

OK just closing this now for a nice 100 points (set a limit).
Just to give NVP a chance. :LOL:

Here are the results from week 5:

1. scholfield (7 votes) = 10 points
2. postman (3 votes) = 8 points
3. ZEN Archer (1 vote) = 6 points
4. NVP = 4 points
5. barjon = 2 points

Which brings the game to an end. The final leaderboard results are:

1. postman = 38 points ($150 Amazon Voucher)
2. Schofield = 26 points ($50 Amazon Voucher)
3. bustech = 22 points ($100 Amazon Voucher)
----------------------------------
4. Zen Archer = 16 points
5. NVP = 14 points
6. barjon = 10 points
7. attila = 6 points
8. pat494 = 4 points
8. Dick Lexic = 4 points
10. ffsear = 2 points

Congratulations to the prize winners and thanks to everyone who took part. I'll be sending prize winners a pm shortly.

Steve's created a discussion thread to discuss the game. So please post your thoughts and suggestions, and tell us whether you'd like to see another game hosted here on the forum....

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-announcements/180564-another-trading-game.html