The Trading Game - Oct 2013: Week 2

Tbh, I think this thread should only be composed of live calls. It's too easy to just say "hey, I made this great trade this week!" when there's no way to verify such a claim. I think we can all agree that making live calls would confer a degree of integrity to this contest.

Thoughts?

agreed ..........or call the pattern you are looking for CLEARLY beforehand which generally means you will call a price entry as well

(unless you are real oddball like my relative strength systems :cool:)

N

LOng here on the ES at 1647.25
Stop at 1640
Testing low from last night.
Everyone panicking about a crash.
Worth a shot.

Attachments

• t2w.jpg
    t2w.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 246
lets roll

I'l l take my GBPUSD sell trade - entered at around 1.5986 ....see reasons here

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1492.html#post2200854

lets take a S/L at 6127 as shown ........and the hell just let it run to EOW.........I think its gonna be a big move this week

N

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1492.html#post2200854

the shorter term trader in me is screaming to take profit and walk away ........but this is a weekly play game so let it run ........nope dont even pull down the Stop.......:eek:

N

Attachments

• let it run.JPG
    let it run.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 257
hey all

I would go to B/E on this trade now ..........

N

Attachments

• set to be.JPG
    set to be.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 219
usd/jpy may be at "C" in the andrews pitchfork formation with the last low at 96.56..the targ is around 99.40

the price to watch imo is 97.07 ...the current price is 97.21 so could be low risk long using 97.07 as stop or 96.55 for the brave :)

not trading this just sharing chart/method so just ignore if it doesn't fit the rules:)

still heading for median line around 99.40 current price 98.53.... any pullbacks need to support around 9820 imo this median line is sloping upwards so time will increase the target ...still looking for res around 99.40 tho...

of course things can change and given the time of year you may end up with a pumpkin lodged in your ---- you may even end up with a face like a halloween cake...

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_484 Oct. 13 21.44.jpg
    ScreenHunter_484 Oct. 13 21.44.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 227
maybe you should have called this the thread "the trading graveyard" ...seems to me no one is interested ...

Limit Order placed to SELL NZDJPY @ 81.60, Tgt @ 78.60, SL @ 82.60

Current price NZDJPY @ 81.057 - as of Sunday evening 6th October.

Daily chart indicators show over-sold so expecting some bounce. Over long time frame (since September) JPY depreciation is over-cooked imo. So expecting some convergence as per diag.

This limit order got hit last Friday.

I notice the current price above is incorrect. It should have read 80.057.

Anyhow - trade is now in play and live. :whistling

Here are the results from week 2:

1. bustech (1 vote) = 10 points
2. barjon = 8 points
3. attila = 6 points
4. Dick Lexic = 4 points
5. NVP = 2 points

Bustech was the only player to get a vote. Since no one else got a vote, the other players are awarded in the order in which they posted their trades.

Congratulations to the those 5 players, and a big thank for taking part.

If you have any suggestions for how to improve the game then feel free to post them on the original announcement http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-announcements/179522-trading-game.html

Week 3 is already underway, enter now and don't forget to vote for the trades you like...
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-announcements/180028-trading-game-oct-2013-week-3-a.html

Damn Yanks - that's me stopped and joining a rather crowded locker room. I'll go again with it, but retired hurt for week 2.

Came good at second bite, but I'd had my go - rotten timing.

Attachments

• wppuksbdaily.png
    wppuksbdaily.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 234
Limit Order placed to SELL NZDJPY @ 81.60, Tgt @ 78.60, SL @ 82.60

Current price NZDJPY @ 81.057 - as of Sunday evening 6th October.

Daily chart indicators show over-sold so expecting some bounce. Over long time frame (since September) JPY depreciation is over-cooked imo. So expecting some convergence as per diag.

Quick update on this old trade which got stopped out -100 tick loss.

Should note that at the time current price was 80.057 (typo error above at 81.057).

As it happened it carried on up and turned back down off 84.00 level and currently is at 80.97.

Up down move was anticipated but execution failed.

It is now range bound between 80 - 84.00. I'm still expecting it to test the lows 78 and perhaps the 76.00 regions.

Attachments

• NZDJPY-131128-Wkly.JPG
    NZDJPY-131128-Wkly.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 260