The S&P Chronicles - An Amalagnation of Wyckoff, VSA and Price Action

logicgate

16 2
Hi there Feibel.

I have a tip for you to increase the accuracy of your analysis. I can see that on top of the Weis Wave you also like the zigzag ploted with the volume in numerical value on the pivots. But you are using the cumulative volume of the legs. It is better to use the average volume of the leg (which is the total volume of the leg divided by the number of bars). This will give you the true power behind the move. You see, for example, if you have a leg up made of five bars, each bar with 10K volume, then the leg would have a total of 50K. Then the next leg down is made of 2 bars with 25K each, also giving a total of 50K. You would think that the down move equals the up move so they are balanced, but not if you use the average volume. Using the average volume, the up leg would have 10K and the down leg would have 25K, way more powerful move.

I discovered this when I read Tim Ord's book called "The Secret Science of Price and Volume", very good book and read, I recommend for you.

Best regards.

Reactions: Peacefull Warrior

Peacefull Warrior

176 23
Thank you, I am very familiar with the works of Tim Ord and used his software many years ago. To be honest I have surpassed the need for volume and look to the size of the legs themselves, sometimes only plotting the swing lines with no bars, literally trade the violation of structure. Volume was used via the Weis Wave to simply convey the lack of either buying or selling force.

logicgate

16 2
Ah cool. I, for instance, just can't trust the size alone, I got used to the average volume numbers on the pivots. I asked a coder to add the option of average volume on the Weis Wave so it works like the Ord Volume indicator too.

logicgate

16 2
I am also integrating Andrews/Babson median lines/action-reaction lines into my VSA/Wyckoff analysis and it gave it a boost, very good to project prices and get targets, also give some extra confluence.