The Road To Profitability

Re: Gbpcad

Here is another one I'm short on.

Made a risky entry before the break on the assumtion of that the 1.6000 level will hold.
Risked 0.1% on the entry (which was before the break)

In addition I'm risking 1% on the break of the bar with a larger SL on that one.

TP1: Around 1.5800

Cheers

Got stopped out for -1.1% total

Im long term short USDTRY on a double top for 0.5% risk.

Lets see how this play out.

Attachments

• USDTRYlongterm.png
    USDTRYlongterm.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 165
Hello Shaun, thanks for the journal. I am just registering my interest in it and letting you know it is being read. I trade a lot of your pairs all long term with daily and weekly charts. I do lots of NZD. And AUD. I am in 3 TRY positions at the moment, eurtry, sgdtry and audtry.

It’s a bit cheeky of me but I thought it would improve your journal if when you give your updates for stopped out & your profits. You could give an updated chart screen shot. Possibly with a link (quoted from) to your original chart entry post.

Anyway good trading to you and kind regards.

Jason

Hello Shaun, thanks for the journal. I am just registering my interest in it and letting you know it is being read. I trade a lot of your pairs all long term with daily and weekly charts. I do lots of NZD. And AUD. I am in 3 TRY positions at the moment, eurtry, sgdtry and audtry.

It’s a bit cheeky of me but I thought it would improve your journal if when you give your updates for stopped out & your profits. You could give an updated chart screen shot. Possibly with a link (quoted from) to your original chart entry post.

Anyway good trading to you and kind regards.

Jason

Hi Jason, are you short those pairs?

I truly appreciate your input. Thing is though, I'm a full-time student with lots of activities outside school which makes time a problem for me. But I will try and update my best, after all thats why I'm doing this.

Regards

No I am long on my try's, taking the other side of your trade.

I am still looking for an entry on usd/try. If you let me know where your stop is on your short, I will seriously consider it as an entry.

No I am long on my try's, taking the other side of your trade.

I am still looking for an entry on usd/try. If you let me know where your stop is on your short, I will seriously consider it as an entry.

Jason, I posted a chart on my post when I went short USDTRY. Can't you see it?

My stop is at 1,82784 based on that if price breaks this level and closes above... it indicates for me that the double top won't hold. But on the other hand it is not an exact science so it may bloody well turn at that point as well.

We are currently trading into 1.7500, lets see if the news tomorrow can contribute to a stronger turkish yen.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/att...4131714-road-profitability-usdtrylongterm.png

Attachments

• USDTRYuppppp.png
    USDTRYuppppp.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 174
Lol just saw that I haven't posted my GBPUSD trade, as I was sure that I clicked submit reply.

Anyways, got out with a 2% gain.

Attachments

• GBPUSDnnnn.png
    GBPUSDnnnn.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 174
Thanks, I will put my long pending order in now.
Do you fancy the long with the current trend if your stop is breached?

More or less yes, but take this with a pinch of salt as I usually trade based on technical patterns.

USDTRY trade

Obviously momentum on the downside on this pair lost it's steam.
1.7500 seems to be holding.

Don't feel comfortable holding this anymore, even though that my first thought was to hold it for months but then I would like to see a hard break through 1.7500 to feel more comfy.

I'm closing this for a 0.25% gain.

I should of have had my stoploss around the 1.8000 level in hindsight ofc lol.

Attachments

• USDTRYexit.png
    USDTRYexit.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 123
USDSGSD Awesome!

Wow, 1.2000 is a really really strong level. Wonder if the SG centralbank is support selling their currency to remain competetive on the global enterprise market.

Wish I could afford a bloomberg terminal...

Funny story: I had an discussion with a customer at work a few days ago... we talked about banks. He told me that the only time he would go in to a bank is when he brings his ak-47 ha ha ha.

Have a nice weekend!

Cheers

Attachments

• USDSGD.png
    USDSGD.png
    54 KB · Views: 151
Uhh usdtry

Damn.. it managed to close below 1.7500.... looking to go short on the retest of 1.7500 + PA conformation.

Gbpchf

My buy limit order was hit this morning and the trade is currently in the money. Bought this on the potential breakout that seems to be working at the moment.

First target at 1.35000

Attachments

• GBPCHFD1d1.png
    GBPCHFD1d1.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 142
GBPCHF target reached

I'm out this position with 239 pips in the bank. Approx 0.8%.

Cheers

Attachments

• GBPCHFdone.png
    GBPCHFdone.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 135
Usdtry

Found another good entry on USDTRY but on the H4 though. I'm short in the writing moment with 1% at stake.

TP1: 1.7250
TP2: Lets see how it plays out first :p

Attachments

• USDTRYh4.png
    USDTRYh4.png
    64 KB · Views: 137
Re: Usdtry

Found another good entry on USDTRY but on the H4 though. I'm short in the writing moment with 1% at stake.

TP1: 1.7250
TP2: Lets see how it plays out first :p

Price missed my target by 9 pips, ouch! I'm still in it though after a expected retrace.

Re: USDSGSD Awesome!

Wow, 1.2000 is a really really strong level. Wonder if the SG centralbank is support selling their currency to remain competetive on the global enterprise market.

Wish I could afford a bloomberg terminal...

Funny story: I had an discussion with a customer at work a few days ago... we talked about banks. He told me that the only time he would go in to a bank is when he brings his ak-47 ha ha ha.

Have a nice weekend!

Cheers

I am probably missing something here but I cannot work out your chart setting here?
Also are you looking at this as a potential long or short set up?