Article The Perfect Moving Averages (MA) for Day Trading

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,448 52
Day traders need continuous feedback on short-term price action to make lightning fast buy and sell decisions. Intraday bars wrapped in multiple moving averages serve this purpose, allowing quick analysis that highlights current risks as well as the most advantageous entries and exits. These averages work as macro filters as well, telling the observant trader the best times to stand aside and wait for more favorable conditions.
Choosing the right moving averages adds reliability to all technically-based day trading strategies, while poor or misaligned settings undermine otherwise profitable approaches. In most cases, identical settings will work in all short-term time frames, allowing the trader to make needed adjustments through the chart’s length alone.
Given this uniformity, an identical set of moving averages will work for scalping techniques as well as for buying in the morning and selling in the afternoon. The trader reacts to different holding periods using the charting...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWinningAttitude

13 0
This works

I just sampled this strategy with NZD/USD at 22:00 PST on the 5M chart and it's caught 57 pips and counting! Same with GBP/NZD 5M starting at 22:05 PST. Thank you for this configuration! I was hoping to find an optimal config for daytime trades just a couple days ago.

This works really well stand alone, but want to find what it will pair well with!

I'll try this out with EMAs myself, but has anyone else tried it with EMAs?