The Next US President

Well today is The Big Day for Mr. Trump.
Will he be a total disaster or what ?

:(

Forget the internal US politics (that's their business and they don't need any interference from UK)
Forget the morals of the President (start considering morals and you run out of people pretty quickly)
Forget the banter and the blathering and the mouthing off (it's all froth)

And look at it from a UK perspective:

He likes the Brits (his mum was Scottish and had the sense to leave)
We are no longer at the back of the queue (Project Fear even nobbled Obama)
Has loads of business experience and deal-making (good and bad)
Has the balls to say NATO needs sorting out
Has the balls to say the EU needs sorting out
Likes people who know what they think (e.g. Farage & Gove)
Is taking Churchill back into the White House
Believes in talking to Putin (we didn't get very far with the opposite tack)
Is a 3rd generation Trump all of whom have actually got somewhere and done something
He is not a professional politician

I don't think that's too bad for starters.:)

Last edited:
America’s Trial by Fire Begins Today

This is what we are dealing with, and this is what’s new: a president—a president!—with no belief system.

Interesting article by a respected journalist. Says that Trump has no respect for important government institutions and could therefore destroy them; says of Bush et al that although they effectively trashed these institutions without actually destroying them, that's somehow better (if I've understood correctly). Seems to be saying that Trump's provenance will automatically make him a bad President: perhaps he's right but I'm not yet convinced.

I think Tomasky is over-egging it when he says Trump has no belief system. Perhaps he means that he doesn't like Trump's beliefs or that Trump beliefs are incompatible with conventional Presidency. We'll see.

All good stuff for "The Daily Beast" circulation no doubt!

America’s Trial by Fire Begins Today

This is what we are dealing with, and this is what’s new: a president—a president!—with no belief system.

Interesting article and I can see where this guy is coming from and there are amber flashing lights.

I heard on the news his going to ask for 10 Tr for tax cuts and infrastructure spending. That's gone up from 7 Tr $s I read about before.

There were people grumbling about Bush and Obama doubling debt with wars and bailouts. Now it's investment and tax give aways. Where will it all end.

I doubt he'll get his way. If he doesn't then it's everyone elses fault in the establishment and blame game will start.

If he does get his way, it'll be like non-stop Xmas. Trillions of dollars to everyone. I'm for that. It suits me and my interests.

What will it do to the US??? Mind boggles. I'm visualising a crystal palace built on a house of cards.

Sadly, given the inequitable distribution of income in the USA any tax give aways will only lead to compounding national debt and skew incomes even further.

From his speech I get the feeling he will crack down hard on dissent and civil disobediance. He may even make China and Russia look good.

For now though we need to give him his 100 days to work his magic and wave his wand about the place to see what comes about.

For now... Bonne chance monsieur le Président (y)

Attachments

• Trump inaug.png
    Trump inaug.png
    520.5 KB · Views: 219
Thats because obama was the first black president. Also many people stayed away today due to probable protesting.

Peter

Now that it's official all you naysayers and anti trumpsters can go jump in a lake and cry.

:clap:

Peter

Now that it's official all you naysayers and anti trumpsters can go jump in a lake and cry.

:clap:

Peter

Let's see how long the honeymoon period is before rejoicing
One can't help noticing how introverted and selfish the rhetoric is so far. He clearly aims to fight for his country and sod the rest. Just like the USA in the thirties and look what that got.

Someone open a new one quick...

Consequences of Trump Presidency? :whistling

I'm bizi bizi with the Brexit it one arn't I? :p

I think someone should though as it will be a good n proper way for T2W members to hold these peeps to account. (y)

I nominate WackyPete.

er Pete is a biased pro Trumper.
We need a neutral non biased adjudicator surely ?
The view from inside the USA is likely to be quite different from the rest.
Perhaps we need a Swiss ?

Last edited: