The long road to trading

But if someone tells you that you need 60 grand to start they will be frightened off.

I assume Suggy is a young single guy. If he really wants to trade then he should do it and scrape the money together in any way he can as he goes along.

He should not be thinking, OMG I have to save 60 grand even b4 I start.

That way he will never start.

Suggy is a graduate, if he works hard he might save 60K
in 5 to 10 years.

It doesnt mean he cant trade in the mean time, ofcourse he
can, but part time. If he plans to do it full time then he better
have a lot of money to support himself.

Lol-perhaps we should have a spread bet on how many members will sign up for one-u think we should charge a finders fee?

well a bit of a debate on :)

its true that I do not have a large amount of capital (read none ;) ) and that is why I am a bit hesitant on closing my mind to the 9-5 route. On the other hand, as Dow dog says, if you wait until you have vast amounts of money noone would ever take up trading. The aspect of making it on my own is one that appeals greatly to me, I would rather work for myself on my own than for somebody else with other drones. Donaldduke you make valid points, I accept I will probably initially lose as I have been doing do for the past 6 months, however I do believe that within 12 months that will turn. Unfortunately with limited capital there is little chance I could make a living from it. There is also little chance I would be able to land a job where I could save that kind of money, especially considering the debts that are part of student life nowadays. Nor do I want to wait 10 years. It seems to me that the path lighting up at the moment is to get a job that pays enough to live on and try and build my capital through trading. After all if i am good enough I think it will become obvious when trading for a living becomes viable.

That or a rich widow :)