The Great Global Warming Swindle

laptop1 said:
I don't mind paying the little extra for driving in comfort. only drive 4500 miles a year...What about the cars doing 20,000 to 35,000 a year, I am sure they burn more CO2 then I......That is if there is such thing..and most know its a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive

I think it's based on efficiency of the engine per mile. You are not comparing like for like.

However, good point. I did mention my theory of traffic and cars and toll roads I'm all in favour of taxing people based on distance travelled too.

Good idea. :cheesy:

Ok, so we have to cut our carbon emissions, they say.

Until when ?

What is the target or what is the point at which these clever people say ' that's enough '
or ' Oh my God, we have over done it ' ?

With lower carbon in the atmosphere, we are heading for an ice age.
Like they said in 1974.

So presumably once we get back to 1974 levels, we can scrap all those damned windmills
have rubbish collections weekly and kick the ethanol habit.

:)

Or maybe the melting ice caps will stop the Gulf Stream next year .
Then we will have an ice age and a sky full of carbon.
Isnt that Catch 22 ?

I for one will be turning on my central heating early next autumn .........

DoubleSix said:
Ok, so we have to cut our carbon emissions, they say.

Until when ?

What is the target or what is the point at which these clever people say ' that's enough '
or ' Oh my God, we have over done it ' ?

With lower carbon in the atmosphere, we are heading for an ice age.
Like they said in 1974.

So presumably once we get back to 1974 levels, we can scrap all those damned windmills
have rubbish collections weekly and kick the ethanol habit.

:)

Or maybe the melting ice caps will stop the Gulf Stream next year .
Then we will have an ice age and a sky full of carbon.
Isnt that Catch 22 ?

I for one will be turning on my central heating early next autumn .........

Until the roof over our heads stops caving in or being blown away.

or

Our houses stop being taken by flash floods into the gutter.

or

We don't have draught so we can water the garden, wash the car and take a shower liked we used to.

Signs are all around us.

We are at the cusp of a new era.

Doom and Glooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! :devilish: ;)

Bigbusiness said:
Did anyone watch this on Channel 4?

I have thought for a long time that global warming has nothing to do with C02 levels. Good to see some real experts explaining how stupid the current environmental propaganda is.

For those that missed the programme, this is worth looking at.

http://aftermathnews.wordpress.com/...e-greenhouse-effect-is-a-myth-say-scientists/

A sensational documentary. The myth that Global warming is caused by humans is created and perpetuated by Governments so they can extort more and more money from us under the guise of "Green" taxes. Global dimming might not be so mythical.... :|

new_trader said:
A sensational documentary. The myth that Global warming is caused by humans is created and perpetuated by Governments so they can extort more and more money from us under the guise of "Green" taxes. Global dimming might not be so mythical.... :|

hmm, well yeah, I mean wasnt there old bones of tigers and other tropical beasts found in caves in the u.k. when the climate was more agreeable in the past ? unless I dreampt it.

Atilla said:
Did everybody just hear on Bloomberg that the Lloyd's insurance market has calculated that hurricane activity in the Atlantic ocean is 75% above average.

I think people will start believing in GW when the roof cave in on their heads. :cry:

Atilla - I think there is something to this climate change phenomenon.......... but I also feel some of the "promoters" have an interest in suddenly getting in on the act.... so I can understand some of the scepticism on the topic. After all if they were serious why hasn't the electric car been developed more than it has.......... that might be better for the planet but worse for their pockets ?

Lloyds - yep very sophisticated models but they are essentially a bookmakers/hedge funds
so you would expect some serious "risk" management..... But get this.... a pebble in the pond...What if weather patterns could (occasionally) be directly influenced by "man" ?-Where would we be then ? Is everything as natural as we might think ? ;)

Hook Shot said:
........What if weather patterns could (occasionally) be directly influenced by "man" ?-Where would we be then ? Is everything as natural as we might think ? ;)

you're not talking about the HAARP project are you?
thats one for the "conspiracy" thread.

Hook Shot said:
Atilla - I think there is something to this climate change phenomenon.......... but I also feel some of the "promoters" have an interest in suddenly getting in on the act.... so I can understand some of the scepticism on the topic. After all if they were serious why hasn't the electric car been developed more than it has.......... that might be better for the planet but worse for their pockets ?

Lloyds - yep very sophisticated models but they are essentially a bookmakers/hedge funds
so you would expect some serious "risk" management..... But get this.... a pebble in the pond...What if weather patterns could (occasionally) be directly influenced by "man" ?-Where would we be then ? Is everything as natural as we might think ? ;)

My sentiments too with slightly less sceptical stance but more acceptance of the change upon us. Just as electric cars are not produced because it's not in the interests of many capitalist industrialists (oil and car manufacturers), we shouldn't knock the capitalist/industrialists who do make it their business by trumpeting new business.

Problem with man kind is we want it all both ways. The sword cuts both ways.

Point about Lloyd's of London is that sometime back they were losing business to the Asian markets. This position has recovered recently. In fact previous losses were due to what was termed 'natural disasters' that caught them out with big BIG payouts.

However, if they exaggerate the risks, there are other insurers now in the world who can handle the size of underwriting on re-insurance that Lloyd's are/was so good at.

What I'm saying is that there is competition in the insurance/re-insurance industry and I wouldn't dismiss their stats on hurricanes in the oceans as get on the band wagon on CC. If they get it wrong business will simply go elsewhere. I would accept it at full face value. If I choose not to that's fine too then simply take the insurance business to Asia and let them carry the risk.

You are right, the US and the Russians have tried weather manipulation and I don't think they have succeeded so far.

Okay understand where you are on those two points........

You are right, the US and the Russians have tried weather manipulation and I don't think they have succeeded so far.

I suspect that as we can split the atom - a tiny unit of matter - then it's probably a doddle to xxxx with the weather......... given the accumulated brainpower which can be applied to these things - if the incentive is large enough!

Like match-fixing it makes you re-consider things.... that otherwise would have remained unchallenged...

Remember that year when Florida had so many "natural" disasters in such a short space of time........... shortly before the 2004 Presidentials... I think ?

Anyway just wanted to put it out there........ FWIW

trendie said:
you're not talking about the HAARP project are you?
thats one for the "conspiracy" thread.

Perhaps and perhaps........
The question is whether it's scientifically possible........
If it IS then the cons+piracy tag ....maybe.... should not apply... :rolleyes:

Atilla said:
Nice fruit cake... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

hey Atilla,
you don't think it's just the men who write for the alt. media, do you? :LOL:

btw 8/10 for the fruit cake :cheesy:

fibonelli said:
hey Atilla,
you don't think it's just the men who write for the alt. media, do you? :LOL:

btw 8/10 for the fruit cake :cheesy:

Has everybody heard the weather report this morning or sometime today. Hottest day of the year so far.

Not only that, temparatures are 10C above average for the Month of April so far and we are only half way through.

We went out this morning around 11:00 and within about two hours the kids were in meltdown with lots of pit stops for drinks, some sandwiches and icecream. Come 2:00 pm and it's like lets get back to the car and lets get home.

I also noticed lots of hot heads and boy racers driving more erratically and faster than normal with loud music blaring out of cars.

I think very soon, even the simplest of outings and joys of life will become a chore in the heat. We are simply not geared up for this mediterranean climate. :rolleyes:

Atilla said:
Has everybody heard the weather report this morning or sometime today. Hottest day of the year so far.

Not only that, temparatures are 10C above average for the Month of April so far and we are only half way through.

We went out this morning around 11:00 and within about two hours the kids were in meltdown with lots of pit stops for drinks, some sandwiches and icecream. Come 2:00 pm and it's like lets get back to the car and lets get home.

I also noticed lots of hot heads and boy racers driving more erratically and faster than normal with loud music blaring out of cars.

I think very soon, even the simplest of outings and joys of life will become a chore in the heat. We are simply not geared up for this mediterranean climate. :rolleyes:

Yes the sun sure is heating up!

Don't worry, I'm sure once the elites World Bank finalise their GW management policy (maybe another tax), the sun will soon fall back into line....

JTrader said:
Yes the sun sure is heating up!

Don't worry, I'm sure once the elites World Bank finalise their GW management policy (maybe another tax), the sun will soon fall back into line....

Technically JTrader, it's Earth that is heating up!

I know the tax man's arm is one of the longest arms of the law but I doubt it will reach Mr Sunshine :cheesy: