The government owes me money

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
Hi all.

The british government owes me a FORTUNE!!!! :(

If I had not taken History lessons at school, and studied the markets instead, I would have made an absolute killing in the tech boom, and when the bubble burst, I would make a fortune on the way back down.

The ultimate question is how much compensation to claim for. I reckon it's about £1 million pounds. £500,000 for lose of income during the last 4 years, and another £200,000 because it takes longer to learn things as an adult, and the time that I now spend learning should be time spent on the golf course, and putting money back into British Industry. Also I'm getting more stressed now because I know the value of money (and I didn't as a kid), which takes years off my life, which has gotta be worth at least £300,00 bringing me upto the £1 million pound limit.

Anyone else think I have a case ;)

Hi all.

The british government owes me a FORTUNE!!!! :(

If I had not taken History lessons at school, and studied the markets instead, I would have made an absolute killing in the tech boom, and when the bubble burst, I would make a fortune on the way back down.

The ultimate question is how much compensation to claim for. I reckon it's about £1 million pounds. £500,000 for lose of income during the last 4 years, and another £200,000 because it takes longer to learn things as an adult, and the time that I now spend learning should be time spent on the golf course, and putting money back into British Industry. Also I'm getting more stressed now because I know the value of money (and I didn't as a kid), which takes years off my life, which has gotta be worth at least £300,00 bringing me upto the £1 million pound limit.

Anyone else think I have a case ;)

The government owes YOU money!? F*ck me matey, the last labour government owes the whole country about 168 billion!!:eek:

I don't think we are going to get it back off them, one of thier ministers left a note on his way out....

"PS. All the money is gone" or words to that effect.:rolleyes:

You're dead right, and you've got a good case - the money's as good as yours. Once your case goes through, that will set a precedent and I shall instruct my attorney forthwith. No need to wait I think - I will order the new car tomorrow.

The original post was made over 7 years ago.

Paul

Was that about the time when Gordon Brown said that,

"if you think that you are borrowing too much you should see what i'm up to"

Everyone thought it was amusing at the time, not so amusing now is it?

Prudence!!:LOL:

The original post was made over 7 years ago.

Paul

Perhaps with modern web technology, a tweak could be added to the site such that when one of these ancient threads is re-opened after many years, we could have creaking hinge sound-effects, bats flying out, and clouds of dust being dissipated into the virtual atmosphere.

"Ah, we were expecting you. Come, I'll show you to your room. Don't worry about the strange noises, we have the decorators in ..."

Perhaps with modern web technology, a tweak could be added to the site such that when one of these ancient threads is re-opened after many years, we could have creaking hinge sound-effects, bats flying out, and clouds of dust being dissipated into the virtual atmosphere.

"Ah, we were expecting you. Come, I'll show you to your room. Don't worry about the strange noises, we have the decorators in ..."

:LOL: