The end of the EU

Lets try and look behind the obvious and what do we see ?

The Eurozone is a complete disaster - well that's certain. But why and in whose interests is it that the Eurozone and perhaps the EU fails ?

Well there are 3 obvious candidates:-
Russia is still sore about the collapse of their rotten Empire
The USA is lukewarm about encouraging young upstart competitors too much
And lurking in the shadows is..............Germany. It's only reasonable they argue that the crap Euro economies must give something in exchange for a shedfull of German money support. The timid French maid is blushfully in attendance. Having being raped twice last century and once in the 19th she is now willingly becoming an accomplice. More centralised money and political power is THE PRICE to be paid. And who will dominate this centralised authority - the Germans of course with the French tart in close attendance. That's who !! The Fourth Reich is nearly hatched !!

This is a difficult one for me because of my loyalties to Europe but I am disappointed with Europe, too.

Europe was put together by the original six to put an end to war. As it grew other countries were added with no real attention paid to joint foreign or economic policy and, finally, the Euro was born. still, with no decent idea of joint economic policy, and with the biggest financial bubble ever known. If we believed that all the banking fraudsters were to be found in the US and UK we have been set right! Europe has them, as well!

Whatever you say about Germany, I believe that most worried and thinking Europeans wish that their own politicians were more like Merkel (I'll pass on Sarkozy). Unfortunately, Merkel has her problems at home. If the British taxpayer is pissed of with the British banks getting into trouble how do think the German taxpayer feels about bailing out all of Europe?

Whatever happens to the Euro in the coming months will only happen for the better if Germany is in control.

I agree with most people. It's a hell of a mess but it is all down to too much debt. Can't blame Germany for that.

Lets try and look behind the obvious and what do we see ?

The Fourth Reich is nearly hatched !!

Lets hope it's NOT as brutal and savage as the 3rd Reich

I think ( and hope ) the Germans have come a long way from Naziism to being good neighbours.

Britain is falling apart at the seams, breaking up as 1 unit and now internal riots. She is almost an irrelevence - thanks to 2nd rate politicians.

I hope Greece, Portugal etc find their "balls" and leave the EU before they get absorbed into a greater " BORG " Empire.

They were perfectly alright before Trichet and co. brainwashed them into joining a Eurozone. Went at their own pace.

None of us knows what is around the corner and we all have our own fish to fry. I think of what we (we posters, I mean) when we were talking about tribalism, was it the Tottemham thread? How we all join together to pick on someone else. We should make sure that we are not picking on Germany, right now.

Because they are jews? No.
Because they started WWII?. Don't think so.
I know! Because they are being asked to bail the debtor countries out.

We should be careful. Personally, I think that there was more risk of being brainwashed by New Labour and Spain's PSOE (still in power and with Blanco, The Minister of Works, telling us all that things are much tougher outside Spain. Elections in November!) than what has been coming out of Germany.

None of us knows what is around the corner and we all have our own fish to fry. I think of what we (we posters, I mean) when we were talking about tribalism, was it the Tottemham thread? How we all join together to pick on someone else. We should make sure that we are not picking on Germany, right now.

Because they are jews? No.
Because they started WWII?. Don't think so.
I know! Because they are being asked to bail the debtor countries out.

We should be careful. Personally, I think that there was more risk of being brainwashed by New Labour and Spain's PSOE (still in power and with Blanco, The Minister of Works, telling us all that things are much tougher outside Spain. Elections in November!) than what has been coming out of Germany.

Germany will become Europe's banker and the EURO looks like it will become defacto global reserve currency - IF - it overcomes current problems.

Watch this space... :rolleyes: Jury is out at the mo... :idea:

Germany will become Europe's banker and the EURO looks like it will become defacto global reserve currency - IF - it overcomes current problems.

That is what I would like. Before the Euro the DM was the divisa of strength. No better banker for the Euro, IMO, but........things look tough right now!

The EURO (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) will become the world's reserve currency?

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

The EURO (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) will become the world's reserve currency?

The first guess is, after the USdollar, the Chinese Yuan(?) but, you never know. It's a matter of confidence. Which one do you fancy? After all the turmoil, I still prefer the $ but I don't think that I should do. :confused:

Or things could just stay as they are for another 10 years, and then we'll have another crisis.

The first guess is, after the USdollar, the Chinese Yuan(?) but, you never know. It's a matter of confidence. Which one do you fancy? After all the turmoil, I still prefer the $ but I don't think that I should do. :confused:

Do you know what they use for currency in Yemen? Neither do I, but whatever it is that is more likely as a reserve currency than the euro.

Dollar will stay as it is for the time being.

Pazienza has verbal diaroheaa - never seen anyone post so much rubbish... I have him on ignore now so only see when some unfortunate soul replies to his bloggs.

The other weaker countries will either drop out of the Euro and their currencies will depreciate and they'll inflate out of their debt. If this happens I'm almost certain Germany and France will choose to keep the Euro and any other country that can cling-on to the tough demands of the German governance.

I do not see Euro dissappearing. Problems have been identified and it is not designed to cater for different rates of growth in the peripheries but these will be dealt with.

I don't see current problems being anything that is beyond solution... (y)

Pazienza has verbal diaroheaa - never seen anyone post so much rubbish... I have him on ignore now so only see when some unfortunate soul replies to his bloggs.

You only have me on ignore because I actually bother to argue with you, and you don't like the fact that you are unable to respond to me. Most people just look at the rubbish you post, roll their eyes and move on, because they think (rightly) that you're beyond help.

I don't see current problems being anything that is beyond solution... (y)

Given the way things are going, are you expecting a final solution?

It is the common view from analysts that Merkel and Sarkozy are just " kicking the can further down the street ".

Their meeting hasn't begun to solve the crisis. The hole they are digging is just getting deeper.

They should lay it out to the PIIGS only 1 bailout !!
If they come back for more - it's OUT of the door

It is the common view from analysts that Merkel and Sarkozy are just " kicking the can further down the street ".

Their meeting hasn't begun to solve the crisis. The hole they are digging is just getting deeper.

They should lay it out to the PIIGS only 1 bailout !!
If they come back for more - it's OUT of the door

Politicians! They are all the same. As you say, keep it away until they are out of office and retired.

How are George Bush, Blair, Brown and Aznar getting along? Do you think that they are feeling the pinch?

Politicians! They are all the same. As you say, keep it away until they are out of office and retired.

How are George Bush, Blair, Brown and Aznar getting along? Do you think that they are feeling the pinch?

Blair was blessed by the pope I think...

I did think it was good of the pope to call for more moral participation by global companies in maximising profits. Bless him...

Politicians are only concerned with courting approval of the masses and thereby getting re-elected because they like to be in charge. Thus, Chav-power and other gullible voters nearly always get their way and the rest of us have to make our own arrangements (isn't that why we trade?).

Nassim Taleb gave the correct explanation on last night's Newsnight - scroll in to about minute 6:00 of the replay -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b013n4mv/Newsnight_19_08_2011/

There is really only 1 voice that dominates the EU minnows and that of course is Germany's.
Can the Greeks and the others really march in lock-step with them - of course not.
They are happy in their sunny backyards and the very mention of the W word causes shudders of pain. Manyana and pass the ouzo is more like it. And why not. Was man made for the Satanic mills ?

There is really only 1 voice that dominates the EU minnows and that of course is Germany's.
Can the Greeks and the others really march in lock-step with them - of course not.
They are happy in their sunny backyards and the very mention of the W word causes shudders of pain. Manyana and pass the ouzo is more like it. And why not. Was man made for the Satanic mills ?

I believe that Greece is now yesterday's news. I have come to believe that they will, in the end, default. The next problem, before that of the other rocky economies, will be which banks own the most Greek bonds.