The dumbed down state of financial reporting on TV

My opinion is that the current government policies of debasing their respective currencies will all end in tears, as although they might be able to wipe off a portion of their foreign debt, it will kill the consumer through high inflation and high interest rates. There's also the possibility of foreign buyers just not turning up to buy anymore treasuries (USA), therefore when the U.S has their Ireland moment it'll be the end of the debt supercycle with dire consequences for the current monetary system. Consequently, Gold and Silver still look good to me now, with grains looking even better longer term.

P.S - I expect 95% of you to disagree with me which is just fine.

Glad to be in the 5% that does agree with you. Debasing currency has never worked.

http://dailyreckoning.com/fiat-currency/

Glad to be in the 5% that does agree with you. Debasing currency has never worked.

http://dailyreckoning.com/fiat-currency/

It sounds at first the desired logical response but at present the Yuan pegged against the dollar is causing problems to the Chinese economy.

Moreover in the long run it will limit the ability of the US economy and consumers to purchase Chinese goods and services.

Sooner or later the Chinese will come round to allowing the Yuan to appreciate.

But in general floating exchange rates are here to stay because fixed/pegged exchange rates were not suitable for one reason or other.

Strains can also be seen in the Euro between member states.

Tough one to judge as to which is the preferred optimal option. I doubt in our modern financial systems and free market economies any nation could manage their exchange rates at all.

Dear old Norman Lamont can vouch for that I'm sure... :eek:

They probably knew where Bin Laden was all along .... timing is everything with these things .... could prompt a nice withdrawal or reduced scale of activity in the area + provide an uplift to Obama's rating

We all know foreign policy is not the guy's forte

Possibly the worse thing that could've happened for the US...now they'll keep Obama.

As for gold - you are my mentor and I follow your posts around T2W, I think you already know that... (y)QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------------------------
JHC

You really should'nt encourage him...thats how the other one got started and then progressed to writing in purple and calling himself pope:rolleyes:

my opinion is that is they dont use this as an excuse to bring troops home and stop making trouble all over the world then there bloody idiots and wars and everything wll carry on for 50 years.

gearge was just too early

e9ca6825-c351-4a40-b4df-cd86d8575a66.jpg

apols if someone already posted
(not worked out how to enlarge)

Attachments

• pm.jpg
    pm.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 505