The DJI tonight (22/09/13)

Mycroft Algoman

Is there anyone who will be looking in on this Index this evening.

Would very much appreciate anyone here doing so to write in this thread what they saw happen, what time they say it open, what price it opened at and what happened in the first 5 minutes, all/any Boards.

Accuracy is required, no screen shots but a good explanation in words and numbers will be a great help.

TIA.

If accuracy is required then can I point out that the DJ isn't opening this evening unless the US is doing something radical with daylight saving.

I know the 'official' opening is 14.30 tomoz...

I am talking about the SB Boards, most open at 23.00hrs this evening

You're asking us to comment upon shadows on the cave wall? If all you are about is what SBs get up to why are you starting a thread in the Indices forum. Stick with SBs where there is an agreement to suspend disbelief.

And why are you asking anyone else to do the detailed work? Your faculty are apparently paying you "good money" for this research. Which faculty of which organization is this and who is your supervisor?

Do you not think the recent change of 10% of the DJI constituents will lead to significant rebalancing as mutuals and other heavyweights realign their portfolios both in futures, cash and the underlying assets - those both leaving and entering the DJI?

maybe no takers at the time of your post because there was still half an hour to go before they opened the book, lol.

mid prices (6 point spread)

Open (11pm) 15502 then ticked along 01,02,03,04,05,07,09,10,09,10,09,08,07,08,06,07,08,06,05,04,05,04 Close

Another ridiculous thread. How can you show the sb firms move/push/manipulate the market around by quoting a fake price on an index when the actual market is closed and hasn't changed since Friday? No matter what the price of the sb index is, the actual index hasn't changed.

That's all Im going to say. I'm not getting dragged in any further... UNSUBSCRIBED.

Peter

maybe no takers at the time of your post because there was still half an hour to go before they opened the book, lol.

mid prices (6 point spread)

Open (11pm) 15502 then ticked along 01,02,03,04,05,07,09,10,09,10,09,08,07,08,06,07,08,06,05,04,05,04 Close

Thank you so much!

I am working alone tonight so could only closely look at one and until the vids are cached unable to check the other 5.

So no drop below 15500 and peak at 15510, really appreciated and thank you again.

The one I monitored (CMC) Mid Prices 3 point spread.

Open (11pm) 15491 then jumped to a peak after 20 seconds to 15500 all below 15500 since then, dropping rapidly to 15464 and since 23.30hrs a slow rise to 15477 @ 00.30hrs.

If its not too much trouble I would be interested to know the board and roughly what figures you hold for those times... if too big an ask, no probs.

etx 23:30 -15481, 23:35 - 14474, 00:30 -15488 (rose from 23:35 to 15494 around 23:45, then declined to 15474 around 01:50)

there's about 10 point difference at each of the times you mention so consistent.

Another ridiculous thread. How can you show the sb firms move/push/manipulate the market around by quoting a fake price on an index when the actual market is closed and hasn't changed since Friday? No matter what the price of the sb index is, the actual index hasn't changed.

That's all Im going to say. I'm not getting dragged in any further... UNSUBSCRIBED.

Same here, f**king halfwit troll...
Out of hours bucket shop price variation...fk me :rolleyes:
Its dumb, plain and simple, don't do it.
For anyone else not aware, the OP is clueless:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting-cfds/179332-market-manipulation-13.html#post2192640

Same here, f**king halfwit troll...
Out of hours bucket shop price variation...fk me :rolleyes:
Its dumb, plain and simple, don't do it.
For anyone else not aware, the OP is clueless:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting-cfds/179332-market-manipulation-13.html#post2192640

sure :LOL:. I guess out of hours is only of interest to a few hardy souls (except for stops/limits being collared while they sleep) but, if he really is doing comprehensive research into the price differences between companies and between companies and the index proper during hours, the results would be interesting regardless of the conclusions so far advanced.

sure :LOL:. I guess out of hours is only of interest to a few hardy souls (except for stops/limits being collared while they sleep) but, if he really is doing comprehensive research into the price differences between companies and between companies and the index proper during hours, the results would be interesting regardless of the conclusions so far advanced.

Given some of his odd conclusions so far, would
you trust his "research"...

Said it before though, out of hours bucket shop drift isn't something
anyone should trade, and should be allowed for with swing trading.
Otherwise just go flat when underlying closes.

etx 23:30 -15481, 23:35 - 14474, 00:30 -15488 (rose from 23:35 to 15494 around 23:45, then declined to 15474 around 01:50)

there's about 10 point difference at each of the times you mention so consistent.

Thanks again.

What we are also intrigued by is the 'refining' of graphs out of normal trading hours and what (if any) sort of cooperation occurs between them.

We noticed that many of our 'players' were 'bumped out' of their positions through fear engendered by these out of hours numbers.

Much appreciated.

Given some of his odd conclusions so far, would
you trust his "research"...

Said it before though, out of hours bucket shop drift isn't something
anyone should trade, and should be allowed for with swing trading.
Otherwise just go flat when underlying closes.

Your input is not required nor is it appreciated, you have your playground in the other thread... by all means read, but please don't post.

Cheers!