The Diary Of Not Even Semi-Serious DAX30 DayTader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if I have no reason to sell it, then I must have a reason to buy it.

Similar to this morning - just trying to play the breakout during a trending day - though taking the lead from the DJIA, I posted yesterday on another thread on this forum that the DJIA target for an extension of a chart pattern was 14957, DJIA has came close to that out of hours but has not moved into the 14950's yet.

So I think towards the open or just after the open we could see more upside movement as DJIA attempts to hit the upside target, this should push DAX past the 8645 resistance and onto the 8685???

Well thats the plan anyway, so may as well attempt to trade the bloody thing since its not selling off from this 8645 resistance level yet ;)

Worst case scenario, price pops up and triggers me in and then reverses and stops me out for -15pts.

Best case scenario, I'm right and I make enough money to have fish'n'chips tonight.

Other scenario, price sells off and doesn't trigger my buy order, and makes a mockery of me as I was short earlier with a counter trend trade that I cut for +3pts.

My plan-

BUY STOP @ 8650
MY STOP LOSS @ 8635
MY INITIAL TARGET @ 8685 (Subject to change)​

My follow through plan - Be prepared to act on my feet and take partial or all profits early or cut the trade should price action look weak after entry.

8685 target hit - though without soggy pants here as he spat the dummy out about being filled 8pts late.

Very hard to justify selling the DAX here at 8600/10 resistance band, the price action is dictating that this is a trending day with a gap fill at 8630 looking a possibility, there is also resistance up at 8645. (8630 is an old unfilled gap).

Did I get it right?

At least that was one thing that worked.

SELLING into the European close at the 8690/700 resistance, pure and simple after a lovely trending day. Profit takers likely to come in ahead of the close.

Attachments

• photo-18.JPG
    photo-18.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 179
SELLING into the European close at the 8690/700 resistance, pure and simple after a lovely trending day. Profit takers likely to come in ahead of the close.

Closed half the position for £63, moved stop to entry on the last half, will let it roll if allowed.

Attachments

• photo-19.JPG
    photo-19.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 209
I would take that if that was my first loss of the week. You've done so well this week mate, keep up the good work.:clap:

Cheers...

Thing that pee's me off though, I don't normally trade the bloody DJIA lol!

I can't complain though as the 2 DJIA trades I took last night on here made £800+ profit, so they have have £200 back.

Cheers...

Thing that pee's me off though, I don't normally trade the bloody DJIA lol!

I can't complain though as the 2 DJIA trades I took last night on here made £800+ profit, so they have have £200 back.

You've certainly opened my eyes at the possibility that the little guy and not just the market makers, can make money on a regularly basis, by controlling your losses in a sensible way and walking away when things don't go right is refreshing to see and something I can certainly learn from.

Not for me.

I'm sticking to the DAX when it comes to my money.

The DJIA is on redbull and crack cocaine. Its scaring me just now ;)

Indeed... it is just culling as much cash as it can for the push through 16000, it's going to happen soon enough but it will cost a bit so the present upheaval is all about filling the coffers.

The proof?

Look at the NASDAQ and S&P, whenever there is that sort of 3 month tiered response it means the bottom feeder (the DJI) is in 'cash-cow' mode.

BTW, for the chap who asked I'm out for the moment, Thursday rallies up are not as common as Fridays 'gung-ho' rallies... so I'm watching...

Strong indicator that tomorrow will see the 15200 but I want to see the overnight first... I'll punch it up on the Foyer thread.

Good stuff Dax... :cool:

I don't like the way it approached the 15080/100, it just lunged at it out of no where after consolidating for a bit around 15040/50.

Na...sticking with my trusted DAX from now on. Had my dibble dabble on the yankee doodle doo and it bit my ass. I have came out on top over 3 trades, so quitting while I'm ahead on it.

I don't like the way it approached the 15080/100, it just lunged at it out of no where after consolidating for a bit around 15040/50.

Na...sticking with my trusted DAX from now on. Had my dibble dabble on the yankee doodle doo and it bit my ass. I have came out on top over 3 trades, so quitting while I'm ahead on it.

You are a good observer, bravo sir! :clap:

It is precisely that approach that tells those of us in the know that it was an 'opportunist' move, the algos waited until people fell by the wayside, took the profit they made in the jump to 15050 and hit the next 50/60 at minimum actual cost in paying out to speculators.

Does the same thing breaking back to margins...

Very hard to justify selling the DAX here at 8600/10 resistance band, the price action is dictating that this is a trending day with a gap fill at 8630 looking a possibility, there is also resistance up at 8645. (8630 is an old unfilled gap).

Take the lead MrDAXTrader - Anticipate the breakout and have big enough hairy ones to take action on my opinion.

Bought @ 8600.8

Reasons why I'm now SHORT -

1. We are approaching lunchtime and just ahead of the U.S open, volume will die down for a little while, therefore I don't expect buying to continue at this moment of time.
  2. Price has filled the old unfilled gap at 8630, longs are looking to take profit or partial profit, the 8645 resistance level is the likely level for this to happen ahead of the lunch hour and U.S open.
  3. Price has pushed/extended/diverged away from the 15 minute 200sma this morning, often price pulls-back to this MA or at least retraces some of the move when this happens in such a short time.
  4. 2 minute RSI divergence - lower highs while price prints higher highs at the 8645 resistance.

This is only a short term counter trend play for me during a quiet period of the day after a morning rally, so I'm only in this trade at half stakes looking for a quick dip and tight stop of 10pts, I will then stand aside and wait for U.S.

Well if I have no reason to sell it, then I must have a reason to buy it.

Similar to this morning - just trying to play the breakout during a trending day - though taking the lead from the DJIA, I posted yesterday on another thread on this forum that the DJIA target for an extension of a chart pattern was 14957, DJIA has came close to that out of hours but has not moved into the 14950's yet.

So I think towards the open or just after the open we could see more upside movement as DJIA attempts to hit the upside target, this should push DAX past the 8645 resistance and onto the 8685???

Well thats the plan anyway, so may as well attempt to trade the bloody thing since its not selling off from this 8645 resistance level yet ;)

Worst case scenario, price pops up and triggers me in and then reverses and stops me out for -15pts.

Best case scenario, I'm right and I make enough money to have fish'n'chips tonight.

Other scenario, price sells off and doesn't trigger my buy order, and makes a mockery of me as I was short earlier with a counter trend trade that I cut for +3pts.

My plan-

BUY STOP @ 8650
MY STOP LOSS @ 8635
MY INITIAL TARGET @ 8685 (Subject to change)​

My follow through plan - Be prepared to act on my feet and take partial or all profits early or cut the trade should price action look weak after entry.

Just took my first losing trade of the week on the DJIA

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/120172-anyone-scalping-ftse-futures-3628.html#post2201878

£200 gone....just like that.

Today's total: £238

Weeks total: £2,845

Looking back at today's trades, I'm not to disappointed in my performance overall, even though I made a howler on the DJIA.

I felt I nailed trade 1 perfectly, I have no beef with my decision on that trade, as I called today a trending day early, I therefore took action with the trend.
This trade worked perfectly for a total profit of £318.

The next trade (trade 2) wasn't a bad trade in the fact that I did have technical reasons and timing reasons to go short, however, I quickly realised that the DAX was not going to sell-off from this level as the trend was still intact. I cut that trade for only +3pts or £32 profit.

Even though the trade didn't work as planned, I'm still happy with my decision making both with entry and exit.

Trade 3, I also feel this was perfectly analysed ;) hey- have to float my own boat here! Seriously though, I have no issue with my decision on this trade as it followed the plan of action perfectly. The lead indicator on this trade was that I was expecting the DJIA to move into the 14950's, therefore dragging the DAX up again with the days trend. However, I experienced slippage of 8pts on this position and it caused me to exit early with only £25 profit.

This was more of a spit the dummy out reaction rather than a technical one, so I missed out on the profit when target was hit. Still my analysis was correct, but my decision to exit was wrong.

Trade 4, Again, technical reasons and timing for the decision to enter I feel was correct. The only problem here was it was against a strong intraday trend, I may have been a little over egar to fade this, however the trade did produce a small profit on one half of my position while the other half stopped at entry. Not to disappointed on this trade.

Trade 5, A complete ****! I traded the DJIA at a level which was not part of my plan. So no technically strong reasons to enter short at 15000 , and no particular reason why I should have went toe to toe with the trend either. I feel I was just caught up in the moment in a market that I do not normally trade, but do track. I paid the price for my poor decision making on this trade.
Took a £200 loss.

Good analysis D30.

The DJI is running a falsified low number still (even at 15100) and was always going to be 'upped' by anything positive on the Janet front.

There should be trail back in the pre-opening today, there is no Janet good news today I think so I am expecting a return to 14900/14950 overnight/mid-morning (UK) with a judas rise promising much but amounting to nothing, I'll firm up on this during the day (if you dare venture again into the slightly barking mad world of the DJI), my thinking is that depending on the strength of the Judas rise if there are few takers then the algos will grab that as an indicator to fall then jump fiercely.

The DAX will act as a damper (think cars shock-absorber) on this so the the risk is very much lessened on the Judas rise in that index and well worth the punt in almost any circumstance as the margin break back will be fairly small (15-18 points perhaps) but the gain of perhaps 45/55 points a real possibility.

I'll largely be on the Foyer thread playing with the numptys, but will bounce over occasionally with a bit of DJI 'goodness' if I can.

A profit day is a good day.

Levels I have today -

Support - 8695/8705, 8655/45, 8605/10, 8590

Resistance - 8740/45, 8767, 8790/95, 8833

Its Friday whhoooohooo

It is easy - :D

Just a case of finding good strategies that work more times than they fail, and then sticking to them with good money management.

I made a post yesterday about how to trade the opening price, so just a case of being patient and waiting for price to show its hand.

Keep targets small and sensible, make your money, then leave.
Banging my head against the wall. Don't trade the DAX, but find this thread eye-opening in its honesty, simplicity and intelligent application of analyses.

Banging my head because it should be this simple on any asset class and I'm wondering why I've been making it so complex.

Great thread DAX30.

Banging my head against the wall. Don't trade the DAX, but find this thread eye-opening in its honesty, simplicity and intelligent application of analyses.

Banging my head because it should be this simple on any asset class and I'm wondering why I've been making it so complex.

Great thread DAX30.

Thanks....

Just thought I would share my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.