The dangers of the Internet (RE: Spanish89)

just for the record, when gumping asked me if I had carried out my threat to report spanish to Surery Police, I hadn't yet done so.
But I subsequently did.

I doubt that this was what caused his rejection from the Police - I warned him of the vigorous nature of the Vetting process

On the police forum he says his rejection letter was dated 17th of July.

So if that was the day you grassed him up, its too much of a coincidence. However if it was later then obviously it was something else.

Just came across this: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/foyer/35097-any-detectives-here-10.html

Yeah, let's all have a good laugh, you've just potentially f*cked up someones life because you got a bit irate over their posts.

Don't get me wrong, S89 p*ssed me off. He p*ssed off a lot of people. Not only with his refusal to listen to anyone but his boasts about ripping people off. It got my back up a bit. But making a private conversation accessible on a public website and / or forwarding it to the Surrey Police?

That's a bit much.

S89 always made a big thing about how he wanted to be on the force. So well done to those that had a hand in destroying his hopes and aspirations.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And to those of you that don't know what I am talking about, take note: be very, very careful of what you post on public websites.

A family member recently told me that his company had been scouring MySpace / Facebook when they had CVs in and people were sometimes rejected on the strength of who they had in their friends list, let alone things that they are actually posting on forums. You write something stupid to be funny like under your list of interests you put: "recreational drugs" :) for a laugh and little do you know you're just lost your job opportunity.

I thought it was just another "potential setup's thread" :LOL:

In the words of the Jam, "You've made your bed, you'd better lie in it".

Whether he knew what he was doing - trading or boasting about eBay scams - he did it, and only has himself to blame. We tried to help him with his trading, he didn't want to listen (fair enough) but the controversy and frequency of his posts had a detrimental effect on T2W IMO, and we are all better for him being gone.

R.I.P. Spanish89

As for the police thing, I don't think anybody should think anything of it. I missed out on that place in the England 3/4 's because I was too busy standing on the touch line talking to the girls, didn't have the talent or the work ethic. I missed out on that place on the M.L. convertible arbitrage desk because I was too busy getting p!ssed up at uni and wasn't smart enough.

Spanish missed out on that place in the Police force because we wasn't smart enough to realise that scamming people on eBay - and if that isn't enough - boasting about it, was likely to eliminate you from their short list, and so it should. The fact that it occurred on the internet doesn't mean anything, today the web is just an extention of the "real" world, and identities on the internet are'nt anonymous (MP1640 anyone?). Lesson learned, I'm sure he will manage just fine (I do, and I don't play rugby for england, I don't trade bond arbitrage for ML, never got to fly on concorde, after all my letters the only thing I've had from Claudia Schiffer is a restraining order, etc...)

Look, He's just a kid. Kid's deserve the patience of others (which did not come readily from the majority of T2W), and they also deserve the opportunity to learn from their mistakes. Spanish won't make it into the police force. Ho hum, it hasn't ruined the rest of his adult life, it might infact have kick-started it.

Accepted but then rejected - PoliceSpecials.com Forum
"Your welcome to think what ever you choose mate.

I phoned them up and told them to remove all traces of my name or i would be taking legal action, and they have removed all traces of my name.
I dont care what threads there are still up, just as long as my name isnt anywhere on them.

I wont be posting here anymore as ive got all the answers i needed."

But, I thought it wasn't his name? :LOL:

jj

Accepted but then rejected - PoliceSpecials.com Forum
"Your welcome to think what ever you choose mate.

I phoned them up and told them to remove all traces of my name or i would be taking legal action, and they have removed all traces of my name.
I dont care what threads there are still up, just as long as my name isnt anywhere on them.

I wont be posting here anymore as ive got all the answers i needed."

But, I thought it wasn't his name? :LOL:

jj

I suppose that that is another bloody good bloke who won't be allowed back on- :LOL:

Split

and those with any last vestiges of sympathy for him (why ???), remember he didn't even know the differece between the Special Constabulary and Special Branch

the c#nt never even bothered watching the Sweeney to do his homework !!

(and yes I know the Sweeney is the FS b4 anyone takes me to task)

Well if you did dude, it was well after the 17th!

I'm not a copper but........

I've read the Police forum thread out of curiosity. And call me Sherlock kin Hommes, but there seems to be a pattern of tone developing through the Fuzz threads and a rate of postings behaviour that matched ones made on here.... :idea:

I've got a feeling though, by the sound of things , that they knock back hundreds and hundreds of applicants frequently it seems.....

But if this was 1970's in that fuzzy thread mate,they'd have him the back of the old black maria van, beating the sh1t out of him by now......

Theres hope for modern policing yet, demonstrating some fine "restraint" at the mo, but I sense a few batons are being stroked up as a release of tension during discussion.

God knows why anyone would want to go in the Police ? what an absolute nightmare that must be...

um, hoooo well let me explain, I was going to get a blue flashing lightbulb for the thread see and typed in google "police blue flashing light forum icon" and this is what came up ! called "flashing lights" HONEST ! calll me spanish gov......... so , well, i thought , it must be my lucky day...... let us all reflect for a moment and , well, just enjoy ehh !
ohhhh mate, thats what i call a recruitment campaign!

ritag.JPG

In the words of the Jam, "You've made your bed, you'd better lie in it".

Look, He's just a kid. Kid's deserve the patience of others (which did not come readily from the majority of T2W), and they also deserve the opportunity to learn from their mistakes. Spanish won't make it into the police force. Ho hum, it hasn't ruined the rest of his adult life, it might infact have kick-started it.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt but I reckon I got it totally wrong.

I feel cheated by him.

If I had a son like him I'd be devastated at having produced a menace to society.

What is worse is that a twit like him virtually ends up becoming a celebrity not because of his integrity and honesty but purely for the opposite reason.

Sad face of society imo. Attitude is rewarded and hard work is scoffed at. :(

I'm wondering weather this touches us all not for s89 but by virtue of our failure to help a lost soul. Obviously my head is screwed up. I find it inexplicable. :rolleyes:

I remember in my sober moderating days observing the arrival on spanish.

I thought "wtf ... ahhh well ... at least he'll entertain folk until we ban him for being just too painful."

And here we are. He entertained. He apparently f'd himself up the **. And (and this bit really is amazing), having read the some of the police thread I can say, unequivocally, that he learned nothing.

The best bit of the police thread is the attitude of the moderators over there:

Right, after careful consideration and lots of contemplation, weighing up the pros and cons and looking at all the options available I have decided to have fish and chips for dinner.

Oh, and I'm going to close this thread too.

I'd never followed spanish and his antics all that closely (found him a dreadful bore on the most part) so I've no idea how it came to be known about on this forum but having claimed to have had sex with an underage girl deserves reporting.

It's pretty obvious from the writing style that there is a very good change that all the spanish89s are the same person. Passing on information to the police for them to deal with as they see fit is exactly the sort of action that should be taken given the claims mentioned above.

I'm sure I'd feel even more strongly about it if I had any children.

And to those of you that don't know what I am talking about, take note: be very, very careful of what you post on public websites.

A family member recently told me that his company had been scouring MySpace / Facebook when they had CVs in and people were sometimes rejected on the strength of who they had in their friends list, let alone things that they are actually posting on forums. You write something stupid to be funny like under your list of interests you put: "recreational drugs" :) for a laugh and little do you know you're just lost your job opportunity.

Yes, I think we've witnessed the birth of a new phenomenon with this tinternet and personal details thing.

Once you've put something out there that's it, it's there for ever, for the whole world to see and you've got absolutely no control over it. The cat is well and truly out of the bag.

I find it amazing that people would knowingly and willingly put their personal details out on the internet, but then I'm the sort of person who thinks it's daft to have a tattoo done !

I wonder what spannish will end up doing for a living ? what's his life calling do you think ?

I reckon he would make a good estate agent ( realtor ).

dd

[rathcoole_exile;

I worked alongside enough brave RUC lads

Hi are you a belfast man?

on the beat

now THIS is the future of modern policing .....

Attachments

• on the beat.jpg
    on the beat.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 242
Best quote ever:

As some people have done what he has done and followed some links he has apparently had sex with an underage girl, is a bodyguard, lied to get an account for over 18's only, changed his age on a few web accounts, earns half a million a year, run a scam on ebay. But yet all this seemingly wasnt anything to do with him and someone conveiniantly took his online name and used it in all these different places and used the same location as to where he actually lives. All in all he wonders why he didnt get in !!

It'll be good to read more on topics now though :)

I wonder what spannish will end up doing for a living ? what's his life calling do you think ?

I reckon he would make a good estate agent ( realtor ).

dd

Well as we are talking about an imposter spanish89 on here,(as stated by the real spanish89 over in the police forum) then it's ok to take the p1ss , as the spanish89 on here was a fictional character. so on that basis....

I reckon the he would of had a fine career in the former Iraqi Republican Guard elite unit, thats the one where they turn the rifles around and end up running onto their own bayonets!

Hmmm, it's all gonna get worse because the discipline today is not being dished out. Like Atilla mentions could we all of done more ? Is it us who have given up caring ? maybe the attraction of "chasing the dream" means we run away from considering others needs.

Yes ok, adults today feel guilty because they know(or even dont know) they should be bringing up baby, so they chuck money/toys at the young as a replacement for parenting. But the kids have felt lonely and need to get attention, kids need this at the formative age? (its normal to have time with parents?) Kids will try a series of ways to get it , violence, shouting,silence etc... is it the kids fault ? when the adults say, not now, ?

It will get worse because both parents are being encouraged to "go to work" instead of working at bringing up their offspring and making house. What a blunder?

maybe there should be a law one parent should be at home until the child is 10 years old at least ? maybe there should be a payment to encourage this for the future generations ? I mean some sort of "Take parenting seriously campaign!"

In a way its a bit like caging bears and tigers, sending parents away from their own young is like caging the adults. Their own environment has been manipulated so the new growth will be altered as this will adapt to its new environment that has been created. Well, we cant blame the kid's ? So as individuals we each have the responsibility / the moral imperative to speak out, to create change for a better world to live in. Today !

ehh wtf are the pubs open yet.....

What if.. ?

Nintendo released a game called "Parent Training" hmmm how many units would sell? I mean would parents want to be reminded of THEIR JOB THEY AINT DOIN?

. ok so yes some would burn their bra's, well they might actually start wearing one again for a start, ohh and how about some feminine dress or a skirt . Yes once upon O time women used to wear those things , ya know before all the tatoo's and metal piercings came along....Ted Bundy or Tina Mathews? today who can tell ,lets try the ol sqeezaroo test! :LOL:

I think men have the balls to become women you know ! Down to the blokes again. Then you know what will happen? yes, wooooMAN will want to be feminine again and bitch at man who changed and became a lady, happy at home, in frilly gear, baking french fancies and bringing up the kids!

What really amazes me is how women have been conned into this ? I just dont get it, what could be more rewarding than bringing up your offspring?

Trees for cities!Bloomberg how about Parents for Kids! Cos if we dont get it sorted it will soon be Cities for cities, ya know the big rebuild job after its all be flattened due to a "disagreement of values"

So thats it, Parents for Kids campaign.

Nintendo released a game called "Parent Training" hmmm how many units would sell? I mean would parents want to be reminded of THEIR JOB THEY AINT DOIN?

. ok so yes some would burn their bra's, well they might actually start wearing one again for a start, ohh and how about some feminine dress or a skirt . Yes once upon O time women used to wear those things , ya know before all the tatoo's and metal piercings came along....Ted Bundy or Tina Mathews? today who can tell ,lets try the ol sqeezaroo test! :LOL:

I think men have the balls to become women you know ! Down to the blokes again. Then you know what will happen? yes, wooooMAN will want to be feminine again and bitch at man who changed and became a lady, happy at home, in frilly gear, baking french fancies and bringing up the kids!

What really amazes me is how women have been conned into this ? I just dont get it, what could be more rewarding than bringing up your offspring?

Trees for cities!Bloomberg how about Parents for Kids! Cos if we dont get it sorted it will soon be Cities for cities, ya know the big rebuild job after its all be flattened due to a "disagreement of values"

So thats it, Parents for Kids campaign.

Starting with the potty! :)

Starting with the potty! :)

Morning spliff ! I mean Split. :D

hmmm, I'm working at the route cause of the problem, and it must stem from the roots. How seedlings are looked after.

Tomato plants, I have a tomato plant thats 5 feet high indoors, looked after well. 2 others I binned as the wife thought placing them on a north facing position ("although it gets plenty of light in the morning darling") would be ok, those 2 lacked the conditions needed for optimum growth. After a few weeks as my olympic tom plant packed on the growth the wife accepted it might of been the conditions.

So even though weeks later we moved the other 2 plants into a nice south westerly posish, they failed to regain normal growth to make strong plants. So I binned them, all leggy and weedy see... as opposed to super plant who had light love and care from the off and has 6 trusses of fine fruit groaning from his/her big stems.....

So as with tomato plants so it is with kids they need the right conditions ?

Last edited: