The dangers of the Internet (RE: Spanish89)

................What really amazes me is how women have been conned into this ? I just dont get it, what could be more rewarding than bringing up your offspring?..........

Conned? Rewarding it is, but b.... hard work to boot (as I've found out looking after two year old granson for a couple of days a week) particularly when you add it to the housework, shopping, cooking etc, etc, etc. Much, much easier for us guys just swanning off to a nice office each day and shouting "buy", "sell" occasionally.

Conned? Rewarding it is, but b.... hard work to boot (as I've found out looking after two year old granson for a couple of days a week) particularly when you add it to the housework, shopping, cooking etc, etc, etc. Much, much easier for us guys just swanning off to a nice office each day and shouting "buy", "sell" occasionally.

Yes, very,very hard work agree. Thats why I am also completely amazed at why women thought they felt undervalued for being "Just" house wifes, mums. Its a demanding job. But its also the most precious job too ?

Ok so do you think women want to go out to work because its easier than brining up a kid ? What I think is that they should be able to be at home to do the job. whats happening is that women/parents are going to work and strangers are bringing up kids , so someones being paid to do it anyhow? so wouldn't it be better if the mums/dads have that first link access themselves with their own kids. ?

Also what is in the best interest of the child? to me its a no brainer ..

Looking back over the whole Spanish saga I've found it interesting, sad (for him), pathetic (as a measure of his maturity) and rather typical of what is actually a very small section of modern society.

Best bit of advice I've seen in it all is TD's warning at #1 on this thread.

Collectively, I think the internet has done the Police service a favour - leopards don't change their spots and i'm sure any organisation like the military or the police which believe in personal and collective high standards (even if they don't always meet them) would have rumbled him pretty soon.

It's likely that this sort of person will eventually grow up and develop some sort of responsibility but the latent tendency will always be there - this is nothing new and life has always been that way. What varies is our willingness as a society to set decent example and uphold standards, and do something about it when we see it going wrong. The last generation or two (of which I'm part) have some answering to do here - is it any wonder that kids of today accept things as Ok which not too long ago would have been well off limit? The pendulum has swung rather too far in respect of tolerance and no doubt it will return but it will take time.

I consider that overall, contributors (and Mods) to the Castillian threads have been very tolerant, understanding and helpful to someone who was too immature to benefit. The outcome was inevitable.

Yes, very,very hard work agree. Thats why I am also completely amazed at why women thought they felt undervalued for being "Just" house wifes, mums. Its a demanding job. But its also the most precious job too ?

Ok so do you think women want to go out to work because its easier than brining up a kid ? What I think is that they should be able to be at home to do the job. whats happening is that women/parents are going to work and strangers are bringing up kids , so someones being paid to do it anyhow? so wouldn't it be better if the mums/dads have that first link access themselves with their own kids. ?

CB

Site's slow today - took ages to open up thread from new posts.

Yeah, agree with you that it's a no brainer.

Always going to be in competition with other needs though - more cash, mental stimulation, more "glamour" (don't see many TV programmes making the task glamorous and "glamour's" been hard marketed for years now), etc, etc. You don't see many men being prepared to do it either and there's not that many househusbands around.

My eldest lives an hour away. We do not have them in and out of our place all the week like his wife's parents do. :clap::clap::clap:

They had 7 look after, The products of three married daughters. Now, as they have got older, there are fewer , but one thing I have observed during our weekly visits. The old man's knackered.

Take my advice CB. Stick to tomaters. At least, you get to eating them. :D

Split

hmm good point Split, I tell you what though , funny how grandparents are becoming more of a parent figure to their grandchildren! I've got a feeling youth will expect their parents to be looking after their kids, so both the actual parents can go off to work as if they had no kids ! Its a bloody funny world.

also, there seems to be a culture brewing with the Gov. who are intent on giving fines out to parents because the parents kids misbehave in todays society (attention seeking behaviour due to parental neglect in formative years etc?)

Now i wouldn't be at all surprised that a case will come along go to court whereby the parents lawyer will be able to prove that the state and or other people , as the case may be, are the ones who have been negligent in bringing up that parents child, lol so the gov. ends up then being sued for taking peoples kids away, or forcing parents to work.

How can parents be responsible when the amount of time they have to parent their child is less time than the state have ,or because the state requires parents give up that role (as in practice by the amount of hours parents are actually around to parent) ? The state is guilty/ or more responsible than the parents....

lol bloody hell i'm going round in loops here, but see the point.....

Fine the parents for bad parenting BUT the parents aint around (never have been) to be parents ! I rest my case. :)

CB

Site's slow today - took ages to open up thread from new posts.

Yeah, agree with you that it's a no brainer.

Always going to be in competition with other needs though - more cash, mental stimulation, more "glamour" (don't see many TV programmes making the task glamorous and "glamour's" been hard marketed for years now), etc, etc. You don't see many men being prepared to do it either and there's not that many househusbands around.

Yes and so i see Parents for Kids campaign vital for the future of societies well being for the future. There would be less attention seeking behaviour of youth on the streets etc due to parental neglect, which is due to modern governmental direction of the population.

That needs to change, keep a parent at home doing the vital job. What does the gov do today ?

Well ,forces mums out to work, pays for childminders, so strangers bring up kids, values installed ? who knows ! every bodies knackered come the weekend, parents moan at kids, give them things to keep them quiet. no parents have been around during the week see....... societies going the wrong way..

Parents for kids 2008.

Now parents need to be funded to do that job. For the benefit of society and the entire nation. Kids need parents in their home not driven out of it ! ehh bonkers that is and this is modern advanced living ... ?

I do find it a bit bizare that the government are sending out the message that parents should take responsibility for their kids and therefore encouraging them to take the time to raise them well yet at the same time they're trying to make people feel as though they have to get back to work as soon as humanly possible after having a child.

I do find it a bit bizare that the government are sending out the message that parents should take responsibility for their kids and therefore encouraging them to take the time to raise them well yet at the same time they're trying to make people feel as though they have to get back to work as soon as humanly possible after having a child.

Yes , I think its just wrong, wrong for the family, wrong for the child, and wrong for society. Remember these formative years, it's important to provide good loving supportive parenting to the child throughout. How can that happen when parents are often not there to do the job?

Take the parent(figures) away and what is likely to happen to the new growth ? the attention / love it needs is at greater risk of not being available .

Look at street kids/ gangs, they often say, The gangs are like a family to them, it's all they got.

That, street crime, is a society health issue as it affects all of us. The gangs the family, so where are the parents ?

Today I heard on the BBC that Gov. is going to tell us not to have more than 2 per family. It seems that the national average is 1.85, anyway, so to tell those that have 3 or 4 not to have them means that the average will fall even further. Considering that a population needs 2 point something, just to keep the status quo means that gov wants us to die out---or am I miscalculating?

So, to keep the population young we need immigrants, but if they settle here they must obey the rules, too. That means that the country will, always, be dependent on an immigrant labour force.

There definitely is something very wrong in the way our leaders think things out. Or is it me? :confused:

Today I heard on the BBC that Gov. is going to tell us not to have more than 2 per family. It seems that the national average is 1.85, anyway, so to tell those that have 3 or 4 not to have them means that the average will fall even further. Considering that a population needs 2 point something, just to keep the status quo means that gov wants us to die out---or am I miscalculating?

So, to keep the population young we need immigrants, but if they settle here they must obey the rules, too. That means that the country will, always, be dependent on an immigrant labour force.

There definitely is something very wrong in the way our leaders think things out. Or is it me? :confused:

Sometimes one is tempted to toy with the idea of emigrating to france etc:(

Don't do it!

Ignore the government (not much better in NZ when I was there last year btw!) and we have a great little isle...

I agree. Everywhere is much the same. I am here because this is where life has led me and I'm happy, but I did not leave the UK because I was fed up with it.

Nevertheless, I think that both Spain and the UK deserve better governments.

We don't need "Spanish" using our name, either! :LOL:

Split

I don't suppose this went to a referendum ? I'm surprised ,what with todays techie, the people themselves could actually vote for their own society.

THE GOV WANTS ? ehhhh lol who are they ?

ohh ok gov 2 it is, right you are then ... tsk! I like the idea of spain split, they are quite liberal on the old social scene , nudge nudge, wink wink !:D:D:cheesy: