The Book that changed my trading ........

shmeeko69

I found myself in the first year of trading breaking
the rules that I had set out to follow - moving
stop losses to try and let a position breath, taking
profits to early & not using my filtering rules.

The book that changed everything for me was Way
of the Turtle by the most successful of the Turtles
Curtis Faith.

A group of traders hired in the eighties to trade
certain markets in the Chicago trading pits.

They were taught a basic set of rules to follow over
two weeks training & never to drift from them despite what
state the market was in.

Curtis Faith was the most successful turtle for Richard
Dennis making a profit of $30m in four years.

This is an absolute fantastic book & a must have for any
trader - think you know alot about trading, well read this
& you might see this alot differently.

Mark :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's usually listed as one of the top 10 trading books out there. It's written in a simple and concise style and spells out exactly how they operated. One thing you should bear in mind is that this type of system can have a couple of barren years before hitting a home run.. as such, it's not suited to everyone's style of trading. However, over time, it's the most consistent method of trading and the rules system ensures you will eventually ride a massive trend in a way that most people never would.

....Never heard of it....Is this some form of promo...?

I simply cannot believe that anyone who is moderating a trading site hasnt heard of Curtis Faith or his book. God help us if this is actually true.

I simply cannot believe that anyone who is moderating a trading site hasnt heard of Curtis Faith or his book. God help us if this is actually true.
Oh dear, I'm really gonna be in for a tongue lashing from zup' on this front, as there are literally hundreds - probably thousands of trading books that I've not read. And I'm an employee of the site! So Zam' - you've got nothing to worry about. Ironically, as it happens, Mr. Faith's book is one I have read and, yes, it is one of the better ones (based on my aforementioned limited experience).
Tim.

Oh dear, I'm really gonna be in for a tongue lashing from zup' on this front, as there are literally hundreds - probably thousands of trading books that I've not read. And I'm an employee of the site! So Zam' - you've got nothing to worry about. Ironically, as it happens, Mr. Faith's book is one I have read and, yes, it is one of the better ones (based on my aforementioned limited experience).
Tim.

Practically every time Mr Faiths book is mentioned, a certain vendor (and his shills) will exploit the opportunity, by pushing his own (vastly inferior) products, and stick the boot into Mr Faith.

As this is an issue that tends to raise its ugly head on an ongoing basis, you might at least expect a moderator to be aware of this particular problem. How can can anyone moderate fairly without understanding the background pertaining to this situation ?

I guess thats a rhetorical question, because the answer of course is, they cant.

Practically every time Mr Faiths book is mentioned, a certain vendor (and his shills) will exploit the opportunity, by pushing his own (vastly inferior) products, and stick the boot into Mr Faith.

As this is an issue that tends to raise its ugly head on an ongoing basis, you might at least expect a moderator to be aware of this particular problem. How can can anyone moderate fairly without understanding the background pertaining to this situation ?

I guess thats a rhetorical question, because the answer of course is, they cant.

......Well in fact I don't even think that I know anything about trading....let alone a book...!

...If Newton can say at the end of his life that he feels that he has just picked up few shells on the shore, while the whole Ocean remains a mystery, who am I to say that I am an expert and that I have read each and every book on this planet on trading....!

Regarding moderating....You don't need to be an expert in trading....Just moderate, and watch out, and put down ********s who are just loud mouths.........!

Tim.

...Don't worry Tim....I am not bothered if i have not read a book....There are hundreds in my library which I have yet not read....!

....God will help you if you pray with your heart....!....After all even God will be surprised, that one of his flock has not read a book...!

Haven't read this one yet, but will put it on my list.

The book that has changed everything for me is Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas. The first two chapters pretty much summed up my first years trading experience in a nutshell. It was an epiphany reading his account of the journey of the losing trader.

Hopefully now I am on a different journey, but I no longer take that for granted.

Its not on this computer, but another member of the 'Turtle' team was upset at what he considered the other members greed at publishing a Turtle methodology book, so he wrote up a long paper on the methods used.

Its out there for free if you can google it. I must have it on my mothballed computer.

Michael

way of the trutle ,
new market wizards
van k tharps stuff on trading physcology (thats not a title just a comment)

all good stuff.

I can't believe that one of the TW2 moderators
has'nt heard of Way of the Turtle by Curtis Faith.

I think he might be taking the michael !

Mark :LOL: