The big ad pop up

Bubba27

What is the big ad when opening this website? Is there a way to get rid of that thing?

i am a newer member here. I think of not even visiting the site because of that ad.

Maybe click on the X?

1583096768944.png

You have to click on the x every time you visit the board?

I have been here for two weeks and enough is enough already. It is not even an ad of any kind.

Let me know what needs to be done to eliminate that thing. Let’s make a deal or something.

You have to click on the x every time you visit the board?

I have been here for two weeks and enough is enough already. It is not even an ad of any kind.

Let me know what needs to be done to eliminate that thing. Let’s make a deal or something.

If you stay signed in when you leave, then you won't need to go through this each time you visit.

If you stay signed in when you leave, then you won't need to go through this each time you visit.
Let's just think about having it removed. Let's discuss.... we can find a solution that works for everyone.

The advertisement is not effective at all. It pops up constantly. And the ad is usually blank.

How much money does the ad bring in? Zero? Let's rethink this whole thing..

Let's just think about having it removed. Let's discuss.... we can find a solution that works for everyone.

The advertisement is not effective at all. It pops up constantly. And the ad is usually blank.

How much money does the ad bring in? Zero? Let's rethink this whole thing..

Some mothers do have them :)

Clicking an X is more than you are willing to pay for some great info?

Let’s just say it’s not really a “daily advert”, it’s more of a every-time-you-log-in advert..

Most of the time it’s a blank advert that is just a white box.

So it’s more of a blank pop up box that never goes away unless you click the x.

Suit yourselves.....

Just tick the 'Stay logged in' box when you log in and you'll never see it again!

log.JPG

If a member uses WiFi to connect at various locations, they will have to contend with frequent big ad pop ups. Or if they use public computers, obviously they will get the big ad pop up, every time. Or maybe they just do not like staying logged in, for security or perhaps other reasons. You never know.....

Let’s stop calling it an advertisement though because it’s usually just a blank pop up with big non functioning ads that blocks users until they click the x. Some members might even wonder “Do they not care about maintaining the site” or other site admins might think “Geez, let’s not spend any advertising money advertising at T2W” because they don’t care?

Cant be bothered? With 250,000 members here ,, with many of them having to click the X out of those ads, repeatedly. it is going to be a lot. Eventually members might say Enough is Enough, and not return. As far as retaining members goes, requiring to hit the x box says “We don’t care, just go elsewhere”. Can’t blame them. It’s not like T2W is the only show in town.

case closed/

Last edited:
Rufus it's a done deal. The t2w gods have spoken. Case closed/

I am not going to script any codes to stop the big pop up ad..

With 250,000 members here ,, with many of them having to click the X out of those ads, repeatedly. it is going to be a lot. Eventually members might say Enough is Enough, and not return. As far as retaining members goes, requiring to hit the x box says “We don’t care, just go elsewhere”. Can’t blame them. It’s not like T2W is the only show in town.

case closed/

Um, by your logic there should not be 250k members as the offending window has been around for some time. I would also be surprised that there would be vast numbers of traders who don't have a laptop or tablet that would allow them to stay signed in, as is the case for most here... and anyway, if signing-in is a problem how does one then deal with yet more basic tools like email, or browser syncs, not to mention news sites, facebook and of course, other fora etc etc??

I use other shows in town like Futures.io, FF, ET and all 3 need a sign in unless you're happy just looking at the public stuff. With Futures.io (et al) there's a load of stuff that you can't even see unless you're a member and which you can only do if you sign in....

Last edited by a moderator:
This is hilarious!

All this over a tick?

Where's that other knob when we need him :)

I use other shows in town like Futures.io, FF, ET and all 3 need a sign in unless you're happy just looking at the public stuff. With likeFutures.io (et al) there's a load of stuff that you can't even see unless you're a member and which you can only do if you sign in....
What is FF and ET?

I think at this stage of the game the issue is more about website maintenance than anything else .... right?

This is hilarious!

All this over a tick?

Where's that other knob when we need him :)
Don't underestimate this pop up issue.

Stay vigilant.. The threat is real..It's a war out there.....

Last edited:
Other Fora - in the USA

FF = Forex factory. Based in San Diego (or was) been going for about 15 years
ET = Elite Trader. Based in Orlando. Started 1998-ish. Many posts, much noise - some of it deafening.
Ok gotcha:confused: