Best Thread The Best the internet has to offer

Free POP Email Provider

configure and download your emails from www.safe-mail.net
to your own favourite email softwafe e.g Outlook / Netscape Mail / Eudora.

Free, safe, secure, features-rich and POP access.

ccleaner.com - cleans unnecessary files from your C drive.
Startup Inspector for Windows - lets you stop unnecessary files from funning in th background when windows starts.
FreeRAM XP Pro - diisplays in real-time how much RAM your PC is using, and can free up space when RAM drops below a specified level.

All available as freeware from download.com.

But be careful with what you allow ccleaner to delete, and with what you allow Startup Inspector to de-activate at Windows Start-up.

Last edited:
Couple more.

For a quick and dirty view of the US markets, stories, sentiment and news I always check out.

www.thekirkreport.com

And a piece of software that prints one trading day at a time, trading a virtual account, it also hides the stock code so you dont know what stock your trading. good fun and hopefully this site will add more options eventually, it runs in java.

www.tradertrainer.com

enjoy

http://speedtest.net/

great site for testing your internet download speed/bandwidth and upload speed/bandwidth & ping times.

has the option to test speed throughput to various server destinations - great if you are located in one country but have a market data connection into another country for example - allows you to check any potential bottlenecks in data throughput or slow pings etc

My Contributions

free* real-time and historical market data for trading systems and trading platforms from OpenTick. Open Source API and platform independant.

NinjaTrader - Charting, Simulation, Strategy free - pay for executions. OpenTick compatible.

Ubuntu Linux - when you fancy ditching Windows...

AIOTrade (formerly HumaiTrader) is a great platform independent Java package which needs some polish but is great for EOD analysis.

*User is responsible for exchange fees. ECN data is available without exchange fees. ECBOT eminis are free also, including RT YM futures.

Gnu/Linux

Kick ass operating system for free. Not many years ago you would have to pay thousands of dollars every year for something equivalent.

I still like Windows XP (SP3 RC2 currently) because you just can't beat the amount of software available for it. And I couldn't run my beloved Sierra Chart on Linux.

More seriously, a while back I started a thread called "Useful things I've found on the Net" being completely unaware of this one (how could Sharky make him a moderator you ask?). I have a psychological issue bias (you can make your own judgements why) but there is also some strategy information that i consider invaluable hidden in the thread.

Anyway, for more useful things from the net then just click here :idea: