The Amazon prime scam

Pat494

Legendary member
They have done it again. Every time I win a bit of money it goes into my Amazon account. They take it saying I had a PRIME account.
I never wanted a prime account. I never asked to join a prime account. They charge about £40 per month for the doubtful privilage.
Just had a computerised phone call to inform me of their theft.That.s the second time.. I shall be onto them to sort it out !!
Maybe others have been robbed too ??

Last edited:
...methinks there's a moral here?

Don't put your money in an 'Amazon account'

Result: No £40= charge.

(or in case in point, £80= theft)

:)

They have done it again. Every time I win a bit of money it goes into my Amazon account. They take it saying I had a PRIME account.
I never wanted a prime account. I never asked to join a prime account. They charge about £40 per month for the doubtful privige.
Just had a computerised phone call to inform me of their theft.That.s the second time.. I shall be onto them to sort it out !!
Maybe others have been robbed too ??

Prime costs £79/year, a bit more on a monthly basis. Which account are you referring to?

Amazon Prime is a bloody nuisance. So many people have unknowingly clicked to enter it and then its a right job to get out of it. Its the worst thing (the only bad thing) about Amazon.

Amazon Prime is a bloody nuisance. So many people have unknowingly clicked to enter it and then its a right job to get out of it. Its the worst thing (the only bad thing) about Amazon.

Cancelling is easy, it's all online, if you have signed up to year then I'm not sure if you can get your money back as the cancellation is only a automatic renewal cancellation, however you can cancel if you're in the cooling off period as for all goods and services etc and get your money back (even after renewal), but cancelling after renewal is usually available by exchanging messages with customer services and explaining why you wish to cancel, even after the cooling off period they may provide a refund if asked (never tried the latter though).

I've had no probs with the above methods, still not sure where £40/month comes from though?

At USD $119 (£90.69) per year or USD $12.99 per month (£9.90), I never thought the cost of an Amazon Prime account in the U.S. as much of a bargain.
But £40 per month is outrageous!

Good news. I have just talked to Amazon on the phone. They say they never rang and it must have been scammers.
The money is safe !! hoorah