That Gambling Thread...

ZDO

Took a brief gander at the “Are We All Just Gambling” thread and remembered similar threads on ET and in TS. It struck me that the material developed was virtually identical in all three threads ie no new ground was broken. They all followed the same general line of development -Same loose definitions, same put downs, same moral issues, same arguments and conclusions, same points made, same insights delivered – all in amazingly similar sequence even! It’s as if these threads were all unfolding with each sharing the same predefined archetypical limits! But...

It took month(s?) for the same material to develop on ET then later
It took approximately 10 days for it to develop on TS and now
It only took about 72 hours for it to unfold in T2W.

I didn't get the feel that many contributors to the thread referenced or were even aware of the other threads. How did this one on T2W go so quickly?

I considered attributing that velocity to the acumen required to operate in the city - till I remembered that while most of my gb friends aren’t dullards they certainly aren’t the brightest bulbs on the tree either :| :p

From whence does this quickening come??

Reactions: BSD
That is the trick, we are great at making others think we are not as bright as we really are :) Also the UK is well known historically to be one of the best places to develop intellectual discussions and with all our history we have now refined it to a fine art :)

Paul

That is the trick, we are great at making others think we are not as bright as we really are :)
Paul is absolutely bang on the nail about this. When you see British yoof in their hoodies interviewed on TV they appear to struggle to utter a single coherent sentence. This is just a smokescreen. Their hoodies are there to protect and nurture their brilliant young minds. Obese middle aged men on holiday wearing Union Jack shorts are sometimes to be heard shouting in English at their hosts. This is done to help and encourage other nationalities learn the English language. Again, it is a smokescreen, masking the fact that all Brit's speak at least 5 languages. Then there are the images of british people pouring out of night clubs in the early hours, apparently so drunk that they collapse in the street gutter. Yet again, this is a smokescreen, mere acting, designed to conceal national sobriety which is so important for healthy bodies and fine tuning razor sharp minds. Somehow, right here on T2W, we've managed to reveal our true colours for anyone on the web to see. ZDO - you have exposed our true national genius, and, for this very reason, you must now expect this thread and the one to which you refer to be pulled and, furthermore, in the interests of global harmony you must never speak of this again.
;)
Tim.

LOL.

As much as I attribute positive things to my ancestry there is a simpler solution.

Many of the posters posted or read posts on earlier threads and then contributed in accordance with their own affiliations. Kinda meme processing perhaps.

Scientific Research - Morphic Fields

alternatively, the previous discussions added to the "Morphic field", and we subliminally acquired the earlier knowledge. :LOL: :LOL:

EDIT: Morphic Resonance, the quirky belief (100th monkey effect) that if enough people have to learn to do something, then somehow, future people will acquire the same skill/ability faster! The current swathe of kids leaving school unable to read, write or construct a simple sentence would however seem to invalidate this idea. Lovely concept though.

Last edited:
Voting in our minds

LOL.

As much as I attribute positive things to my ancestry there is a simpler solution.

Many of the posters posted or read posts on earlier threads and then contributed in accordance with their own affiliations. Kinda meme processing perhaps.

Hi Nine

Good post

and good posts from timsk and trader :LOL: :LOL:

I think thats true, we read information looking for answers to questions.

We have to be real careful perhaps with the questions we ask, otherwise we end up with complete cr..p between our ears :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Trade well all

Andy

We don't, always, ask the questions because we don't want to be thought daft, so we only look for the answers. I think that goes for the 70,000 odd members here, who never post.

Split

We don't, always, ask the questions because we don't want to be thought daft, so we only look for the answers. I think that goes for the 70,000 odd members here, who never post.

Split

Hi Split

:eek: :eek: how daft of me, never considered that :eek:

No supprise there :eek: daft as a brush anyway, must be I am just off to paint a car :eek:

:LOL: :LOL:

have a good days trading Split

Andy

On the contrary, your posts bring up some very good points and have raised many questions, in my own mind, many of which will go unasked for the reasons I expressed before. :eek:

Split

On the contrary, your posts bring up some very good points and have raised many questions, in my own mind, many of which will go unasked for the reasons I expressed before. :eek:

Split

Split

Thank you :D

how does it go " better daft for a minute and ask than stay daft forever" something like that any hows :LOL: :LOL:

Just off to work honest :p might just hang on another minute or 2 entry on the ftse may be possible in the next 15 mins :D

Andy

Reactions: BSD
Another trait (actually very common for such threads) was the sudden end in not quite comfortable consensus for all three of these threads. Morphic Resonance? OK. But what if every opinion offered up there on the topic is wrong? Does the 100th monkey concept apply to maladaptive ‘learning’ too? What if we (we, being the current collective of posting traders) demonstrated three times now we learned it ‘wrong’? And as it settles / resolves to ‘consensus’ more rapidly and easily – is that an indication that it is now more firmly (accurate or not) grounded in our ‘collective ego’? Morphic Resonance?