Tesco....Price action in medium term...

Should be going up. The stock seems strong with growing profits, it has just fallen out of favour due to the profit warning it released over christmas which caused the price to shoot down. This should prove a temporary movement.

Knowing a little about the success of the implementation of Tesco's post planning fiasco revised growth strategy I wouldn't mind holding it for a while.

Up 6.5 pence today...........holding a long term position up to 400 pence.....

I would say, you can't go wrong by following foot step of Warrant Buffet. If he starts to grab for Tesco shares, why don't we ;)

Anyway, Tesco is one of my favorite spot to grab for grocery items in my home country.

Tesco price rise is very promising. Looks like the value investors have finally decided to pick it up.

There's actually a lot of wisdom in this post. Not really related to this discussion, but something to think about in general.

Not sure if you guys have heared of this but TESCO are launching self service pickup points this year or sometime in near future. Concept is supposed to be called "click and drop" whereby you order something and it gets delviered to this "central post office type thing" where you enter your pin and pick up ur groceries.

I believe it is the first supermarket to make this move, and ergo some investors may believe that this will put them at an advantage over others. I however Do not entirely agree, but that may be an indication of the movements you are seeing.

Not sure if you guys have heared of this but TESCO are launching self service pickup points this year or sometime in near future. Concept is supposed to be called "click and drop" whereby you order something and it gets delviered to this "central post office type thing" where you enter your pin and pick up ur groceries.

I believe it is the first supermarket to make this move, and ergo some investors may believe that this will put them at an advantage over others. I however Do not entirely agree, but that may be an indication of the movements you are seeing.

Wouldn't it be better if they just delivered it to your house, or you went to some central location like a shop and picked it up?

Wouldn't it be better if they just delivered it to your house, or you went to some central location like a shop and picked it up?

At the moment there are limits whereby you need to spend "x amount of money" to even be able to get delivery. I think for Waitrose you must spend minimum £70 for home delivery.

I believe this concept for individuals with light grocery shopping, concept is that goods taken rom warehouse adn dropped into a local node where customers can walk to from their homes and pick up all the stuff they need. Advantages obv that you get bigger variety of products, no ques, no stock gone off. At same time thjey can drop off multiple shopping loads making a single trip.

Not entriely sure on the specifics when I get home I should have a leaflet, but maybe this is part of their 6point plan to turn profits around and gain advantage over competitors?