TD Ameritrade Won't allow me to open an account from U.K.

RumTrader

Hello to you, and hope you are winning BIG! This is my first post. I was just trying to register for an individual account with TD Ameritrade. When I selected my region (U.K.) a message box said the following:

As a U.S.-registered broker-dealer, TD Ameritrade does not open accounts for residents of certain countries or territories. Please check back with us in the future. If you have any questions, contact a New Client Consultant at 800-454-9272.
Thank you for your interest in investing with TD Ameritrade....

I tried to message them, but it's a bot, and it is not smart enough to understand my simple question. So I turn to you, my fellow humans. Can anyone out there answer why I cannot open an account from the U.K.?

BTW Merry Christmas.

Hello to you, and hope you are winning BIG! This is my first post. I was just trying to register for an individual account with TD Ameritrade. When I selected my region (U.K.) a message box said the following:

As a U.S.-registered broker-dealer, TD Ameritrade does not open accounts for residents of certain countries or territories. Please check back with us in the future. If you have any questions, contact a New Client Consultant at 800-454-9272.
Thank you for your interest in investing with TD Ameritrade....

I tried to message them, but it's a bot, and it is not smart enough to understand my simple question. So I turn to you, my fellow humans. Can anyone out there answer why I cannot open an account from the U.K.?

BTW Merry Christmas.
because TD Ameritrade does not open accounts for UK residents. They no longer have an office in quite a few countries, the UK being one. Its been a few years since that has been the case. My understanding is they were take over by Charles Schwabb, they do have an office and are allowing UK citizens to register with them although still not using the TD platform, or allowing you to trade US ETFs

Hate to see that, I've dealt with a lot of restrictions being from the US. Did you decide to open an account elsewhere? Or ever get in contact with a real person at the company?