(T_S_R) very effective Trend Slope Retracement system by FXiGoR

FXIgor,

A very fullsome reply. (this generally doesnt bode well)
I use similar principles, and do not have bad experiences. ( on the whole :rolleyes: )
I was trying to point out, that;
a: you use big MAs to identify trend,
b: you use smaller MAs to ensure that you take entries in the direction of the main trend.
c: that you specifically use Hull-MAs to achieve this.

I did not say it doesnt work.
On the contrary, I was acknowledging the underlying principle as being of sound logic, ie. follow the trend, which I myself use.
I was making a general observation that this "principle" is well accepted. (ie,. not unique)
(eg, Bogavino uses MA cross-overs, but uses RSI as trend-direction.)
Any decent trend-following would follow these principles.
Your anology of needle is a good one - a compass needle pointing out the direction of the trend.

I did not say TSR anticipates the trend.

It is unfair to call your system pattern-recognition - as the patterns are caused by the Execution Line and Signal Line. (Hull-MAs). This would be like saying MA-cross-over is a pattern recognition.
The trade triggers are MA-derived, not price-action derived. (There are some dark-siders on these boards who may take issue with you describing your triggers as pattern-recognition.)

The other general observation, regarding Hull-MAs, was that I couldnt look at my charts on any platform that didnt have Hull-MAs, which may restrict your potential platforms.
(you may be restricted if you were swing-trading, and checking up on your positions at work, or on another machine that didnt have MT or Hull-MAs. )

My posts were not meant in any negative way, other than pointing out the underlying principle is not unique, only the use of Hull-MAs.

I acknowledge your real-time calls today, resulting in the pips made. The downloadable file attest to that.

I feel empathy with your set-up, as I can relate to it. The difference would be that I dont look at 15-min charts (you do this in the paltalk room as you want to be able to offer up many real-time trades, which I applaud).
I use multi-hour charts, so my trades last longer, and get larger chunks, but with fewer trades.
(I am still working on the pateince bit.)

The point about the bars I think is valid, as you potentially allow yourself to be misled by reformed candlesticks. (Ross 123 are valid reversal patterns for exits)

Just about any Big-EMA as trend-identifier, and 2-Small-EMA cross over would work, as you would ignore signals that contradicted the Big-EMA direction, thus reducing whipsaws.

My point, if any, is that the underlying idea is robust, but nothing special.
This does not invalidate anything that you demonstrate on paltalk.

Thats a pretty balanced review, as far as I can see.
Good luck for your trading tomorrow.

rols said:
To compare the Trend Slope Retracement indicator to a Beethoven symphony is perhaps a conceit too far IMO.

Perhaps it could be more closely compared to the Crazy Frog ring tone, a tune which I deduced from far less than 10 notes to be :

a) Total rubbish.
b) Designed specifically to appeal to halfwits.
c) The pre-cursor to an endless sales pitch of Crazy Frog related tat.

WHadDya tHiNk FXiGoR? :devilish:

Where is his sales pitch? If you dont like the setup, thats fine, Igor has been providing his time free of charge. It hasnt been 1 or 2 hours, it was 7 hours almost non-stop and 6 hours almost non-stop. He hasnt just spoken about the TSR, he has also spoken about other info. If you are an experienced trader and have your own better setup thats fine, he's not appealing to those people. Igor is trying help those who need it and so far has taken 13+ hours to do it free of charge. I am sure many people have spent money on ebooks/classes that have taught them less than what has been shared in two days for free. You may say what he teaches is nothing new, thats fine again he isnt saying its new or ground breaking. He is however taking time to explain in great detail the setup and more in regards to trading, that is something people do not do very often especially for free.

Last edited:
For those interested, room on paltalk is now open. Just do a search for TSR and you will see it.

Spam Man said:
Perhaps it could be more closely compared to the Crazy Frog ring tone, a tune which I deduced from far less than 10 notes to be :

a) Total rubbish.

to be fair to FXIgor, he has given his time freely, from 7-8am to about 2pm or so.
he has provided running commentary.
and he does real-time analysis.
the people there just need to be more aware of other similar "systems" - at least his are free.
he wouldnt try to sell it - no one would bite. ( I am too busy giving my money away to CMC to have any left to pay him )

EDIT: HEY!!! you calling me a half-wit. :eek:

Latest audio file is here. 7 hours today guys, great info in there and 2nd half includes another complete walk through/explanation of the entire setup so if you are late and have questions this is another good day to listen to, especially towards the end if you are unsure on risk, exits etc. Again a big thank you to Igor for taking his time, 20+ hours here to explain again again again and give plenty of examples. I hope everyone, even those who for whatever reason dont like the setup, is very grateful for what he is trying to do.

http://rapidshare.de/files/33811566/tsr-day3.wma.html
http://www.mysharefile.com/v/8929528/tsr_day3.wma.html

Spam Man said:

a) Total rubbish.

What I think is of no importance.
Your answer says more about you then about me...
Someone who gives an answer like you did, is thinking that if he would have some knowledge he would not share it...definetly not for free.
Thats why we are floaded with spamers and snake oil sellers...

regards...iGoR

For those looking to get started and need a single and short as possible audio file which explains everything please use this one. The other files are still I think very good to listen to, but to learn the setup of the system and what indicators/stop loss/exit strategy and everything else to get started please listen to this file first. Igor will no longer be explaining the system setup so it is vital you at least listen to this file before joining us Friday for the last session Igor will be holding.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yvkpjj
http://www.mysharefile.com/v/9829671...asics.wma.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/33935471/tsr-basics.wma.html

Day 5 file is below. Please listen to the basics file first if you havent already don so, this is very important for new people so they can learn the setup. Igor is no longer doing tutorials/walk through on the system so please all new people listen to the basics file first.

Basic guide file is here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yvkpjj
http://www.mysharefile.com/v/982967...basics.wma.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/33935471/tsr-basics.wma.html

Day 5 audio
http://rapidshare.de/files/34053212/tsr-day5.wma.html
http://www.mysharefile.com/v/6465975/tsr_day5.wma.html

Hi everyone,

Here's a little "indicator" that does some basic calculations for us.

Let's look at what it does:
It computes yesterday's range, the previous 5, 10 and 20 days ranges. And it calculates the "Average Day Range" of these four ranges (yesterday's+ Prev 5 Day Range + Prev 10 Day Range + Prev 20 Day Range)/4.
So, if yesterday's Day Range was 80, the Previous 5 Day Range was 110, the Previous 10 Day Range was 90 and the Previous 20 Day Range was 120, then the Average Day Range would be 100.

Then there's "Room Up" and "Room Down".
Let's imagine today's low is (so far) 1000 and today's high is (so far) 1050. At this moment the price is 1020.
So we're 1020-1000= 20 pips above the low, there is therefore 100-20=80 pips "left" up. For a risk-to-reward ratio of (say) 3, if a long trade was to be entered now, the stop loss should be no more than 80/3=26pips away, that is at 1020-26=994. So, if all conditions are met, we ll look for a "bottom" no lower than 994.
Same thing for a short trade: we are 1050-1020= 30 pips below the high, there is therefore 100-30=70 pips "left" down. For a risk-to-reward ratio of 3, if a short trade was to be entered now, the stop loss should be no more than 70/3=23pips away, that is at 1020+23=1043. So, if all conditions are met, we ll look for a "top" no higher than 1043.

As you can see, this indicator doesn't tell us whether or not we have a set up to trade. What it does is, considering some past day ranges, and for a given Risk to Reward ratio, it tells us how far away we can put a stop loss.

Hope this helps,

Ogeima.

P.S.: I used H-L (High-Low) to compute the Ranges. They are thus a bit different from mataf.net data, which computes what is known as the "True" Ranges (= Max(High for the period less the Low for the period,High for the period less the Close for the previous period,Close for the previous period and the Low for the current period)).

Attachments

• (T_S_R)-Daily Range Calculator v1.0.zip
    1 KB · Views: 343
I visually backtested Eur/USD from Jan 1st to almost end of September. I do realize how some people feel about backtests so by all means ignore this post I did it to personally see if the system would work for me, setups I took were all aimed at the 3:1 reward/risk and in hindsight I probably made mistakes that I wouldnt do again and I learnt a lot after watching 9 months of e/u action. Anyway Im not prefect, backtesting isnt for everyone, I probably made mistakes but for me this prooves that TSR works on the e/u. Your mileage may vary but for those interested results are attached. Or a brief summary below. A big thanks to Igor for taking all the time he did to teach and show people how to use this system and for making the charts and everything else from my backtesting data into something readable, for those still following it my results may be of some interest to you. Again thanks a lot Igor.

Exit on Execute Line
avg. Loosing trade = 5.7
Avg. Winning trade = 12.6
reward/risk/trade= 2.21
Hitratio = 48%
Max Drawdown = 60.5
Sterling ratio = 5.3
(Tot. Prof/MaxDD)

Exit on Signal Line
avg. Loosing trade = 8
Avg. Winning trade = 21
reward/risk/trade= 2.62
Hitratio = 45.80%
Max Drawdown = 83.00
Sterling Ratio = 7
(Tot. Prof/MaxDD)

Exit on Sig.+ Ex. Line
avg. Loosing trade = 12.9
Avg. Winning trade = 31.6
reward/risk/trade= 2.45
Hitratio = 47%
MaxDrawdown = 145.0
Sterling Ratio = 6.26
(Tot. Prof/MaxDD)

Last edited:
The templates have been updated in posting #2.
The 2 images show you how your set up or templates should look like.

regards...iGoR

PS. remember that the arrows are given by the T_S_R alert indicator. That indicator is not in the zipfile with indicator.

Attachments

• 5min-t_s_r.gif
    5min-t_s_r.gif
    52.6 KB · Views: 870
  • 1min-t_s_r.gif
    1min-t_s_r.gif
    54.5 KB · Views: 657
Hi FXiGoR,

has the entry method been updated using the 1 min and 5 min timeframe instead of 15mins?

awsl said:
Hi FXiGoR,

has the entry method been updated using the 1 min and 5 min timeframe instead of 15mins?

indeed my friend.

This way we catch trend from the very begining BUT without getting wipsawed in horizontal markets...

regards...iGoR

Lots of audio files added on posting #2 about the T_S_R strategy.

regards..iGoR

The T_S_R strategy kept me monday and wednesday out of the markets. Wich was good because those 2 days contained mostly consolidation periods.

This not-trading was called in the chat room