T2W webpages problem

moka2

Established member
Last few days when ever I click on some posts on t2w the page foes to fxcm page!
weird!
What could be the reason!

That's weird moka2, is it still happening? And if so, which posts/threads are you clicking on. I'll do my best to help.

That's weird moka2, is it still happening? And if so, which posts/threads are you clicking on. I'll do my best to help.
See attached screen shot

Attachments

• t2w fxcm problem.doc
    318.5 KB · Views: 263
That's odd. Does it show on every page, all the time? Can you tell me what browser version and OS you're using. Any other info to help track the gremlin down would be appreciated.

I get this too, about 2 times out of 3 when I arrive at the website from Favourites - automatic log-in, before I have had chance to press anything. Pressing 'Back' returns to T2W home page.

I am using IE9 (it still exists) and Windows Vista, Home Premium Edition.

I expect you're going to say that an up to date system wouldn't do this?

Ummm, you read my mind :/

But you upgrading doesn't resolve the issue for those others still on IE9, if that's where the issue lies. Do you get it on a thread page or even on the homepage?

Anyone else get it? And if so, what browser are you using?
@moka2 are you on IE9?

Only ever happens when home page loads - jumps straight to FXCM. Never recurs that session and never happens when loading other pages on site.

Only ever happens when home page loads - jumps straight to FXCM . . .
I suspect they're feeling the pinch after the SNB fiasco. If these tactics secure new clients that help to keep the good ship FXCM afloat - who can blame them!
:p

Hmm, I've got to admin I'm at a loss to explain this, given it happens both on Chrome and IE. For the record, I've never had it happen to me. When it happens again can you take another screenshot and post it here, it might help - thanks!

Hmm, I've got to admin I'm at a loss to explain this, given it happens both on Chrome and IE. For the record, I've never had it happen to me. When it happens again can you take another screenshot and post it here, it might help - thanks!

Will do, thanks Sharky. This sort of thing always happens when I take my car into the garage with a strange rattle: it stops.

Here is screenshot of this issue when I navigated to T2W this morning - didn't click anything, it just popped up a split second after I saw the home page.

Attachments

• FXCM screenprint, T2W.docx
    170.8 KB · Views: 268
Here is screenshot of this issue when I navigated to T2W this morning - didn't click anything, it just popped up a split second after I saw the home page.

Thanks tomorton, can you tell me whether you were logged in or not when you got this? ie. if you have it set to stay logged in, or you have to log in each day.

Also, did you see the homepage normally, then suddenly all you got was a white screen with the advert?

If so, did you have to refresh the page to see the homepage correctly?

Finally, does it normally happen first thing in the morning, or if you go back to the homepage during the day it happens again, even occasionally?

Hi Sharky -

No, I don't ever have to manually log into the site. The home page does display but only for a fraction of a second, then the FXCM screen takes over: hitting 'Back' brings up the home page as normal and after that, FXCM never appears again during the session. I'll try hitting Refresh next time it pops up, hadn't tried that before.

It will sometimes happen and sometimes not, but it doesn't appear to matter if its the very first
session of the day or if I have closed the browser and re-opened it hours later.

I've never heard of anything like it.

Just to add, reopened browser and went to T2W from Favourites and the FXCM screen popped up again as before. Hitting F5 or the refresh icon did not restore homepage (but I'm here now, honest).

don't usually have a problem of this nature signed in or out.

but today accessed t2w from an older pc (windows vista and ie9), not logged in.

plagued with the fxcm ad page on the t2w homepage, one of the latest alpari threads and this thread.

Attachments

• fxcm ad page t2w homepage.JPG
    fxcm ad page t2w homepage.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 245
  • fxcm ad page pic.JPG
    fxcm ad page pic.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 229
  • fxcm page pic.JPG
    fxcm page pic.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 226
I think maybe its us luddites prepared to even consider using a 6 year old PC and an unsupported browser. Horrors!

Bingo, just tested myself on Win XP/IE8 running in a virtual machine and I got the same thing. We'll get this fixed tomorrow - thanks for all your help guys!

So, by the time we looked it on Weds, the ad wasn't showing anymore. I've been checking and it's not showing up for me, so for now I think we're ok, but if it happens again on any advert let me know.