T2W US Markets Workshop AM 24/04

24/04 workshop

All

A quick note on Saturdays agenda.

10.30 to 11.00. Brief get to know you and your trading style. No long speeches.

11.00 to 11.30 Agree on subjects to be discussed. Yet again, this is not an educational seminar. IMHO, we need to hit the ground hard and skip the basics.

11.30 to 1.00 Workshop

1.00 to 1.30 Newbee questions and wrap up.

Head to Jamies for a piss up.

May be a bit late on this one guys, but should turn up at some point. Sorry.

Hi can I thank all those who attended the first T2W US Indecis Work Shop.

Everyone seemed to get some thing out of it. IMO, this event lacked a bit of direction and the discussions seemed to end up in cul de sacs.

To rectify this, I will try and supply the group a PC that will have a file share linked to my e-Signal. This will take the discussion along a visual route that I believe will add focus.

Furthermore, I feel it may be a good idea for the members to share their trading plans as this will add to the debate and allow for different strategies to be back tested. This also takes away the responsibility from Stewart and myself to drive the debate and allows the discussion to take a direction that is not dictated by our own personal agendas.

I also believe that defining the the Work Shops under FX, Bonds, US Markets can be rather restrictive. As all markets are inter related, it maybe a good idea to broaden the debate at these meetings.

Finally I also apologise to the two chaps who knocked on the door but who we did not hear. For the next event, I will also supply my mobile number.

StopLoss - It was a great meeting, and thanks for the hospitality.
Yes agree with your comments.

Must try and meet regularly, and share views/ideas.

Agree with you that we could share each others views on tradind plans and also the systems that they use - ie what works from them.

Hope you guys did benefit from my imput on the Options Straegy that I use. From my part, I am novice on FX and certainly wud appreciate help/guidance on this!

Jay

It was a good meeting and many thanks for all your hospitality.
I will certainly try to come along and agree it would be better focused if people are willing to share their methods.
If you pm me dow trader i will be happy to try to help you with any questions re currencies.
I will just try to reinterate something we talked about on sat re cable.
The cable market is not nearly as liquid as eur/usd.
The most forex transactions are traded through the london centre.
Therefore the problem you get in the afternoons is that around 4 london time the london market makers are finishing for the day and squaring positions.
Therefore where you may have say 20 isd market makers in normal london forex time once they go home you are left with maybe 4 in new york.
Therefore any one with an order can move that market due to lack of liquidity.
Also without london and europe there will far less liquidity in either the ebs or reuters electronic matching system.
This means that the market can really move sometimes on volume that would not normally move the price so much during london time.
It can of course work to your advantage but i would say technicals can easy be more manipulated on lower liquidity.
Thanks for sharing your strategy on the options even though i am a complete novide on options i found it very interesting.