T2W: Trashing the forums; damaged reputation; losing newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVP

Legendary member
37,754 2,099
I think we do probably do need to set up more protection for inexperienced traders to join, talk and share more .....convert a lot of those guests who seem to haunt a lot of our big threads these days

I must admit if I had seen such "boisterous" and outspoken members dominating threads back in 2008/2009 such as FIB (and others over the years) I would never have got as involved in T2w as i would have been very intimidated by what they were going to say at me and about me .......like nursery slopes .....I feel some people need some safe space to learn ...and T2win has always been very good at that compared to many of the sharktanks i have and do frequent now ....

the balance needed is a difficult one ....but it can be done i feel ...and the need to change and evolve is always good ......as in trading itself .....

N

Reactions: tomorton

NVP

Legendary member
37,754 2,099
Well said.

fibo was particularly malign. He went out of his way to attack traders personally rather than to critique strategies or analysis, he contributed nothing useful to trading techniques and actively sought to discourage new posters from using the forum. He defamed me in a post: I reported it. He was banned.

T2W remains a good forum where traders can give and take on trading, and also while away the time in general discussion on other matters.

Fib is and always will be Fib ........thats him ....hes not going to change so its up to the T2win Mods if he remains or not .....if he's lifetime banned he will move on to the next trading forum ...hes not going to lose any sleep ....

some traders love extra bite in their life and something to kick and rebel against .....others like it quieter and let it flow (which i also think comes with age and more wisdom & maturity)

for example - I would hate to talk to myself in my late 20's now - i was a real gobshite and Pain in the arse with places to be and things to prove to everyone .........(and i had more hair)

hey we are all different .....

N

Last edited:

Pat494

Legendary member
14,621 1,578
The trouble with many youngsters has always been that they lose their tempers and resort to violence of speech and action. Only speech wise on this forum thank goodness. If they get away with it the general level of politeness tends to go down to match the worse offenders but that is human nature. There is always someone even tougher to rub their noses in the crap and teach them good manners. That's learning life the hard way.

Oscar Reed

2,386 709
Is Fibo a he and not a she.

Rufus_Leakey

226 105
Is Fibo a he and not a she.
1582907751777.png

Reactions: Pat494
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock