T2W Rebate Scheme Terminated

Steve

As part of the ongoing review of the services offered by T2W we have decided to terminate the Rebate Scheme with immediate effect. We'll be contacting any affected members individually to let them know what to do regarding their account.

Steve

Probably not worth the effort to keep it going. I'm guessing most of the members that did take advantage of it were newbies with $100 accounts trading micro lots. T2w's share would be miniscule at best.

That's just my thought on it, though.

Peter

Well there was some criticism that they had got involved with two companies that had been caught ripping off their clients. I don't know if that was a factor or not.

Please don't tell me the only two companies they are partnered with are scammers:LOL:

Oh dear.

maybe steve's been listening to views about what's appropriate for T2W to be involved in, or would that not suit the "ulterior motives" brigade

maybe steve's been listening to views about what's appropriate for T2W to be involved in, or would that not suit the "ulterior motives" brigade

Maybe he has, but seeing as how he hasn't said so nobody knows, so therefore you get speculation.

Although to be fair Barjon or Timsk (or maybe another mod) did point out that it would be much safer dealing with companies that had already been caught scamming their clients as they would have learnt their lesson and the authorities would be keeping an eye on them. That's why you should always employ convicted criminals for security related work. Or maybe not, but anyhow that was their point.

So let's end the speculation and of course I don't mind explaining why we reached the decision. As I said when I was appointed, I intend to look at every aspect of the T2W offers in some detail and make changes that are required. Some will be minor others significant but I will not shy away from making them.

So it is pretty much as Barjon said, the rebate scheme was not particularly well thought of (evidenced by posts, PM's and feedback) and for my part, it did not fit with the community and the direction in which I see the business developing. If we are to offer members something from a supplier then I would far rather we negotiated special terms that would save members something, preferably money.

I should add that this is without any kickback to us. Whatever the supplier gives, it all goes to the member. This is just an idea at the moment (and several members suggested it to so thanks to them) but I will be pursuing it to see if we are able to offer things of real value.

I hope that has clarified things.

Steve

So it is pretty much as Barjon said, the rebate scheme was not particularly well thought of (evidenced by posts, PM's and feedback) and for my part, it did not fit with the community and the direction in which I see the business developing.

Steve

That's good news. It was the height of hypocrisy for a trading forum to be participating in a scheme that resulted in increased spreads for traders.

Let's not forget, the rebate scheme was defended robustly by various members of t2w staff and moderators. Perhaps it's time for the new broom to start sweeping ?

........................Let's not forget, the rebate scheme was defended robustly by various members of t2w staff and moderators...................

You sure about that, hare, or just you twisting the facts again - perhaps you could point me to the posts concerned.

You sure about that, hare, or just you twisting the facts again - perhaps you could point me to the posts concerned.

No I am not twisting the facts.

If Steve is serious about changing t2w (and he probably needs to as you are currently dying a slow death) some of the old guard steeped in the t2w culture are really going to have to go.

No I am not twisting the facts.

If Steve is serious about changing t2w (and he probably needs to as you are currently dying a slow death) some of the old guard steeped in the t2w culture are really going to have to go.

What? And then where would we get our cover-up/ulterior motive lulz from?

Everyone is doing fine, Steve.

Except Trader333 who should be made to post more trading stuff though.

I also think I should be immune from bannings and infractions as no1 t2w teh leg-end.