T2W Gallery System!

Sharky

Staff
It is with great pride that I can announce the unveiling of the new gallery system for T2W.

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/gallery/

and accessible through the discussion menu drop down above.

Essentially a cross between the existing bulletin board and a sophisticated photo album - the new gallery system allows members to upload to one of a number of categories such as Chart & Indicator Setups, Chart Patterns, PC and Desktop Setups. Additionally members will be able to create there own personal albums and galleries.

An assortment of features allows members to comment and rate pictures, and search by keyword. And uploading your images couldn't be simpler - we automatically create the thumbnails for you, and you can upload multiple files at a time by adding all the images to a zip and uploading this.

Why the need for a gallery system when it's already possible to upload images to the bulletin board?

Well there's a number of reasons we could think of why you'd want to be able to view a handy list of thumbnail images:

1. We hear a lot about chart patterns, but how often do you seem them in charts? Well now if you come across an example, then add it our archive broken down by category such has head & shoulders and triple tops. We're hoping to build up the biggest repository of chart formations anywhere on the net! And because members can rate and comment the pictures, it will become a lot clearer when a formation really does it exist.

2. Do you have a favourite setup for your charts and indicators? Well add a screenshot of it and help generate ideas for other traders.

3. How do you arrange all the information available to you on your monitor when you trade. Well show us how it's done, post screenshots of your desktop.

4. Quiet country office, or nasa control centre? Whichever way your trading room is laid out or your pcs hooked up, share it with us, submit your photos!

5. If you've got some favourite software you use to assist your trading, then post a screenshot of it in action.

6. All future events attended by T2W members can not be added to the gallery and members can upload photos from the event themselves, and comment on them of course!

We hope you enjoy this addition to the site. I've already moved over the photos from previous T2W events to the new system, and I'll add a photo of my own PC setup (a sweet pair of dual TFT screens) in a few days.

Look forward to hearing comments about the new system, and as always welcome feedback as to ways to improve it!

Sharky.

Nice idea Sharky.

It's always nice to put a face to a handle, and then see how wrong you were!!

The gallery is slowly starting to fill up, and I'm keen to make it more integrated into the site - perhaps with the latest image on the front page, and notification of any new images or comments since your last visit.

Couple of interesting photos already:

I had way too much on screen in those days!

- an impressive 5 screen setup from member, hero - that puts the T2W office to shame.

and..

A bullish flag on the Dow 1min chart w/e 14/3/03

- nice example of bullish flag on the Dow 1 min chart

Sharky.

Am I only limited to 60 pics per gallery?

If I am limited - I will need to remove older pics to make room for newer ones. Will this effectively delete the pics in my posts - (I'm posting a trading diary for my forex trades)

If it does could someone point me to a better way of including my chart analysis pics within my posts for all to see?

Cheers

It's not working for me: " Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Am I only limited to 60 pics per gallery?

If I am limited - I will need to remove older pics to make room for newer ones. Will this effectively delete the pics in my posts - (I'm posting a trading diary for my forex trades)

If it does could someone point me to a better way of including my chart analysis pics within my posts for all to see?

Cheers

The easiest way to include chart analysis pics is to upload a pic within the post using the "manage attachment" button in the additional options field when making a post. I am not aware of any limits to the number of pics posted via this method.

Alternatively if you wish to use the gallery (album) when you're at the gallery (album) limit of 60 pics why not try to open another gallery (album) I haven't tried this, so may not even work and I'm not aware of anyone that does use the gallery to host pics for posting, but it is there as a choice for tidy, pro looking posts.

Get your own external photo account with one of the many providers, I guess.

Many do indeed go down this route, but I personally wouldn't advise this as for example good threads are now completely useless because the chart pics are no longer available, take a recentish thread of kools tools for time, completly ruined because we have no direct control over the content so couldn't salvage the thread when a major F U occured.

It's not working for me: " Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

The fact the links do not work would be because this thread is nearly 6 years old! you can now find the son of the gallery in your profile, it is now called the album.

The original gallery with pics of t2w meet ups, seminars, parties of xmas past, trader's set ups etc no longer exists as far as I know in its original format.