Surrey Traders

Windlesham1

Established member
I am in the Bagshot/sunningdale area,and would like to meet fellow traders for useful discussion.I trade futures and options-anyone out there?

Seems about 5 or 6 so far-I'd like thoughts on venue and time. I suggest Woking or Guildford, Saturday lunchtimes or weekday evenings.

I'd be up for that. As a start may i suggest the Wetherspoons pub in Woking. It's pretty big so we should be able to find a quiet corner, no music, cheap beer, and walking distance from both the railway stations and car parks.

Cheers all, hampy

Hampy-a little local knowledge,and input is most welcome. I can make most saturday lunchtimes-I would suggest a couple of weeks' notice-say March 19th midday as the first one?

Sounds great. Count me in. Im based in Woking and can vouch that Weatherspoons is OK

What products do you guys tend to trade?

Count me in too. I'm in Lightwater. Sat 19/3 lunchtime Weatherspoons in Woking sounds fine.

From what I can see, 19/3 is a bit difficult for me at the moment. Will hopefully try to make the next one.

It has been suggested that we start a thread prior to meeting-I am interested to learn which markets and instruments each of us trades,and reasons for so doing. As I have mentioned I trade UK options and futures,and now looking at spreadbetting ,to trade wider markets,while keeping £ as my base currency. I'm open to suggestion for topics however.

I'm only paper trading at the moment, but hopefully I can add to the conversation. :)
Since it's the first meeting, will be good to get to know each other, and maybe markets, general strategies etc.

So 12 AM - 19/3 @ the Weatherspoons in Woking.
Now we just need some way of recognising each other....
ZA

May I suggest that we meet initially at the left hand end of the pub( as you walk through the door). There's some smaller alcoves with tables that end, but it is non smoking, hope no one objects!
See you Saturday,
hampy

The group is happy to entertain all viewpoints-non-smoking,non-drinking vegan taoist maoist purist sexist ageist contrarian conformist . A pub with a non-smoking section can only be improved by a 'No children' policy,imho.

I just might trundle up from Dorset for this.
I don't know Woking. From the railway station exit , is it left or right?
What street is Weatherspoons on?

Is John Piper coming?!

Yes, I need a shoulder to cry on and a cuddle too (well I used to, not since I read John Pipers book - The Way To Trade - lives in Cobham, Surrrey - trades options and futures for himself and private clients- good bloke. Perhaps one of you locals could pop round and offer to buy him a pint in return for him revealing all his trading secrets to us? If it takes two pints then I'll buy one.

As for me, well I've been investing in UK equities for 8 years, SB for 2 years (never again) and trading futures for 2. Look forward to meeting you all.

Piper sadi ftse down and his chum Adlard said ftse up last that I read. One of them was bound to get lucky!