Support email not working? image/broker issue + private lounge question

stopdownlimitup

I've sent two emails to the Trade2Win email but haven't gotten a reply back - does the support email not work? I'd be happy to give my email address in a PM so that I could get a reply. I had two issues - first just now I was trying to add a photo and no matter what photo I try to upload it gives a really plain error saying "Unable to save image". The images I've tried were all under 400x400 and were less than 100kb in size. Am I doing something wrong? I tried both local and web URL images. Second - what I emailed about was a request to either add my broker to my "preferred broker" on my profile or allow me to post a review about them (I don't see them in the list now). The instructions on the profile page say I'm supposed to email Trade2Win about it but I didn't get any reply after two emails.

My unrelated question is what admittance to the Members Private Forums is based off of? Is it something where we need to be a constant positive presence in the forums over a period of time? (courteous, intelligent, etc.). Is there a set process?

I appreciate your response, I've been trying to get a hold of somebody for almost 2 weeks now to no avail. I'm not whining, just want to get heard! :)

Dunno why you haven't had a reply to your e-mails, but maybe I can help.

You're best adding your photo as a thumbnail attachment. If you scroll down to "attach files" it will sow the file extensions that can be used. If you're not using one of those, it won't take.

Can't help on the broker question.

On the last one, if you go to "forums" and scroll down to Members' Private Forums you will see "Apply here to join private forums." Click "here" and you will see how to join which is usually the decision of the Group Leader. Mostly, I guess, they try to keep known troublemakers out.

jon

Okay sounds good, thanks for the reply guys... I'm just checking this before work so I'll try the thumbnail attachment method you suggested barjon when I have a free minute, and the private forums thing later tonight. Per the broker thing I suppose I just need to wait a week or two to see if they get to it in the queue, and if not I'll bring it up again? Thanks wackypete.

The support forum seems to be where you guys who have been here the longest hang out... I had fun reading through some of the threads. Appreciate the sense of community you foster (y).

Not sure why you haven't had a reply either. Andrew is normally replies to support emails within 24 hours, so I'll ask him to respond on this thread.

As for the image, it might be like Jon suggest's, a file type that's not supported. It could also be a corrupt image, if you email the images to [email protected] we'll test it out on our side. There are no other reports of problems with images, so I suspect it's to do with the images themselves.

Jon is also spot on about access to private forums, it's up to the group leader to decide who gets in. If you don't get a response then you could try pm'ing them to see why you haven't been granted access.

As for your preferred broker, pm me and I'll get it added if it's not on the list.

A reply from the founder! Cool :clap:, thanks for taking the time to respond Sharky.

<-- So the image thing worked. I was trying to upload a profile photo and I think I might've been using the wrong photo interface for it, it worked completely smoothly when I just used the avatar interface.

Also, I requested access to a member's group successfully :)

Finally, I'll PM you the broker Sharky. That wraps up my support issue! If this were a ticket I'd close it. Thanks for the help guys.

Just wanted to pop in since Paul sent me a link to this thread. I'm not sure why I haven't received a message from you, I show two messages from when you originally signed up back in May but nothing since then (not even in the spam folder :confused:). Next time feel free to email me directly at [email protected] or shoot me a PM on here if you'd like. I'm on every day to respond so if you don't hear from me just send it again!

Bizarre! I just checked my sent box to confirm the email address I sent them to - [email protected] (copied and pasted). I should've actually thought to send it directly to you RE our first thread because I still had that - live and learn. Anyway it's not as if it was dire :). Thanks for the reply here Andrew.

Ah, that may have been why you didn't receive a response. The [email protected] account actually goes to Eamonn (EK1) and he's on holiday right now. The support@ and andrew@ accounts will both go to me :) I'm glad we at least figured out what the problem was!

Ah darn and I specifically said "support" email, I should've been more specific! At least we know the internet didn't eat the emails.