ICE Metastock Add-on

wdrobins

I purchased the ICE Metastock Add-on software for trade system development. I had trouble getting the software to properly install with Metastock 9.0. I sent repeated Emails to the support Email address at Adaptick (company that developed ICE) but never received any reply. I then sent an Email to the Sales address at Adaptick, but still received no reply. I could not find a telephone number to call on their website (this may be a hint that something is not right about this company). I then sent a couple of Emails directly to John Slauson, founder of the company, but still received no reply. (However, I am still getting ICE advertisements from him trying to get me to upgrade to the newest version.) I then sent an Email to Metastock Sales requesting that they check into what's going on. A few weeks ago, I received a reply that they would check on this for me, but they have yet to respond back.

This is the worst customer service I have ever had, and until I get the software working, I fear that I have just thrown money down the toilet.

Does anyone have any information as to whether Adaptick is still in business, and how to contact them by phone? I fear that I have been scammed by this company. Has anyone had a similar experience?

wdrobins said:
I purchased the ICE Metastock Add-on software for trade system development. I had trouble getting the software to properly install with Metastock 9.0. I sent repeated Emails to the support Email address at Adaptick (company that developed ICE) but never received any reply. I then sent an Email to the Sales address at Adaptick, but still received no reply. I could not find a telephone number to call on their website (this may be a hint that something is not right about this company). I then sent a couple of Emails directly to John Slauson, founder of the company, but still received no reply. (However, I am still getting ICE advertisements from him trying to get me to upgrade to the newest version.) I then sent an Email to Metastock Sales requesting that they check into what's going on. A few weeks ago, I received a reply that they would check on this for me, but they have yet to respond back.

This is the worst customer service I have ever had, and until I get the software working, I fear that I have just thrown money down the toilet.

Does anyone have any information as to whether Adaptick is still in business, and how to contact them by phone? I fear that I have been scammed by this company. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Try 801.569-9371 ... John should answer

Ice

In the ICE instruction booklet I received with my free trial of ICE is specifically stated that they did not support MetaStock 9.0. That is why I never purchased the full version.

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news :(

Hi I did a trial run long time back but was not too impressed at that time so did not follow it up.....

They do give 30 day money guarantee...

But if your MS version 9.0 is not compatible with ICE then you may need to purchase version that works with MS 9.0 or upgrade the MS to ver 10.1 and also make sure that ICE is compatible with MS 10.1 before upgrading....

In my opinion you do not need any add ons with MS....You can set everything up in MS it's just that it takes time....You can with DDE link with Excel, chart anything or any value......I would rather concentrate on that than buying these add ons.

I stand corrected of course.

Did you end up sorting this out? I noticed it is a while since you posted the ICE quiery.

If you are using MS EOD then you need MS v9.1. From memory ICE won't work on v9.

As far as MS 10.1 is concerned I have yet to personally test ICE on this version made have been told by other users that the latest free ICE update works fine.

Hope this helps.

damo

Zambuck
It sounds as though u r a compt. programmer? I would be interested in knowing how u r using the MS.