Sunday Musings

Well according to wiki, Buffett is worth $62Billion. 30% of that is $18.6billion. To make that year in year out is a hell of a lot more difficult than making 30% on a £10k account. Genius, got to respect anyone that can do that year on year.

Ah, split, that old Tate & Lyle trade of yours still rankles I see :cheesy:

Sure, these things happen (and can happen during the day too :devilish:), but trading is about risk isn't it? There's always the odd lunatic who may appear out of nowhere and jump the red light, but it doesn't stop you crossing the road.

cheers

jon

Ah, split, that old Tate & Lyle trade of yours still rankles I see :cheesy:

Sure, these things happen (and can happen during the day too :devilish:), but trading is about risk isn't it? There's always the odd lunatic who may appear out of nowhere and jump the red light, but it doesn't stop you crossing the road.

cheers

jon

But most trust that will not happen. It's best to look before crossing......

Well!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Monday, tomorrow!

Split

Define 'mechnical traders'...
What is the opposite of kindergarten stuff?
How does one recognize it?
Because nobody elses uses it or because he thinks nobody else uses it?

When you posted this earlier on, I reacted on asked you: "if you truly believe this, do you look to the left and right when you cross the street?" You said I misunderstood the concept. But given that you post these phrases, apparently out of context, how else are we to interpret it?

I wouldn't exactly say that neither...

If I remember rightly...didn't you say:

It would seem that Mr. Marcus & co were right when they posted "it is a waste of time and effort of sharing truly advanced knowledge in a bulletin board". I suggest the site administrators name their site "talk2win" instead of "trade2win".

Looking at the number of reps you received for that post I would say that many others here might also agree with you! ;)

My efforts to share advanced knowledge were put to an end by a moderator.

Post 26 on the same thread...hmm what do you know :confused:...it would appear more members agreed with that !

Brain catalyst ?

Barjon,

Only just seen this excellent thread. This is the sort of stuff that makes you think a bit and raises the discussion up a level. Don't leave!

- interested student of the markets & trading :)

If fundamentals don't drive the market how come a share price nose-dives on a profit warning?

If support and resistance is so important how come I can give you an example of how the price sailed through it for every example you throw at me where it bounced?

If a bull wants to release money to buy a new Ferrari how come selling is bearish?

If inexperienced traders expect to double their money each year how come heavyweights like Warren Buffet, George Soros, Peter Lynch and John Neff only have long-term annual average returns of 27% - 35%?

If day trading is the road to heaven how come the biggest fortunes seem to come from looooong term investment?

If the futures aren't used for hedging how come they are anything more than a playground for gamblers?

If I'm so damn clever how come I'm not a billionaire?

good trading

jon

People like Buffett know that substantial money is made by controlling ;

1. The costs of the business and in his case a big one is the cost of capital.
2. The efficient mediation of transactional costs and inparticular taxation.
3. Emotions which leads to ....

an understanding that the collective market could not find it's own asrehole at the times that it really matters which of course begs the wisdom of statements such as 'don't fight the market'. Ok ,I agree, actually don't fight it just ignore it most of the time and take the opportunities it offers when it periodically drops it's financial drawers.