Sucden Financial ltd FX training program

garry291

Hi,

What do you guys know about Sucden Financial ltd?
Their hiring procedures or anything else about the firm but specially about their FX training program starting soon.

prop trading is not their core business,is it?

enjoy your trading...

Garry

Hi,

I applied to them recently and have an interview on Monday. Also looking for any info on them and the interview. Let me know if u hear anything.

James

How did you guys find it? Seemed to be what I expected - definitely not your usual arcade model.

I have a group interview coming up, any info would be appreciated. All I know is there is a mathematical test.

Hey would also be keen for any info - I got an invite to interview and the maths test scares me! Also would be keen to know how many they recruit out of the 'group interview'?

maths test mainly covers algebra and calculus, minimum pass mark 95%, negative mark for both wrong and unanswered questions.

maths test mainly covers algebra and calculus, minimum pass mark 95%, negative mark for both wrong and unanswered questions.

Wow, that single post has destroyed my confidence.....or it may have just made me even more determined to succeed :)

Hi Jokesbre, yes I got an invite for the 16th. I'm from n.ireland though, and would need to book flights etc. so just trying to weigh up whether it's worth my while! The 95% pass rate is a bit scary Macro_Guy! Have you had any similar interviews before jokesbre?

Hi Jokesbre, yes I got an invite for the 16th. I'm from n.ireland though, and would need to book flights etc. so just trying to weigh up whether it's worth my while! The 95% pass rate is a bit scary Macro_Guy! Have you had any similar interviews before jokesbre?

No I haven't, although I did fail the Optiver Numerical...

Wow, that single post has destroyed my confidence.....or it may have just made me even more determined to succeed :)

remember guys maths is probably the least important skill in trading. Calculators are used widely. Disciplione, money management, trading physcology and understanding sentiment is far more important.
good luck tho...

Hey guys.... the group interview on 16. is cancelled and the next session will be on next tuesday..!!!
I had to delay my flight :-D... but thats OK....

Cheers Red Army! Yes Jacobfx, I just received that email too, so you're definitely going to attend then?

I sat the Schneider test and it was pretty easy- basic arithmetic... is Sucden really calculus and algebra - haven't done that in years!? Want to avoid pointlessly refreshing my memory :)

Cheers in advance for any help!

No its not, Sucden is also basic arithmetic. Follows the same format as the Schneider one, so you should be fine.

I would suggest you guys being to stay away from sucden's programme. Basically the program sucks! and is comparable to programs from other prop trading firms which make you work for 2-3 months without paying and the hire on a split basis revenue. This is least expected from a firm like sucden who come across as a huge broker and are well capitalised. If an institution has a quality programme and is looking for candidates from a healthy talent pool they shud reward them with a good pay