Stuck

You don't know what I'm doing so how do you know that I don't know what I'm doing? I must be doing better than 90% of people if I haven't lost any money for 6 months.

You don't know what I'm doing so how do you know that I don't know what I'm doing? I must be doing better than 90% of people if I haven't lost any money for 6 months.

C'mon...my sister isn't a trader and she hasn't lost any money for 6 months either. Any idiot can not lose money. Close your account and you'll never lose again. I know you don't know what you are doing for 3 reasons:

1) 100 trades in 6 months (approx)
2) You haven't made money
3) Your here looking for advice.

C'mon...my sister isn't a trader and she hasn't lost any money for 6 months either. Any idiot can not lose money. Close your account and you'll never lose again. I know you don't know what you are doing for 3 reasons:

1) 100 trades in 6 months (approx)
2) You haven't made money
3) Your here looking for advice.

what the frequency of his trades has to do with his success ?

I used to like you.

No hard feelings brewski1984. I suppose I should try and be popular instead of helpful, so just do what everyone else is telling you to do with with risk n' reward etc and ignore me. Just keep pressing buttons until you make money...go for it! (y)

I have absolutely no luck whatsoever. Ok, well I have a bit of luck because if I didn't then I'd have no money left but still. I just can't get ahead and stay ahead and it's getting really frustrating! Just closed my 4th loss in a row and I'm currently getting rinsed in the 5th which will put me back at evens yet again after nearly 100 trades since last September:mad:

Take a look at "Zero sum game" , especially the table at the end of the doc ...

http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~lharris/ACROBAT/Zerosum.pdf

But still cannot spell "LOSER.":p

Inflexibility in thinking is one of the main reasons for people getting stuck. Since I had no loosers, losers, apples, or oranges, would it really matter which representation of the 'lack of a thing' I choose since they are all valid ?

When people are stuck on a "thing", one solution is to start looking at other things. It is already known 90%, 95%, or 99.5% of people are loosers. Perhaps the things they are using are wrong ? In that case, the probability for success is low when you use the same things they use.

I have absolutely no luck whatsoever. Ok, well I have a bit of luck because if I didn't then I'd have no money left but still. I just can't get ahead and stay ahead and it's getting really frustrating! Just closed my 4th loss in a row and I'm currently getting rinsed in the 5th which will put me back at evens yet again after nearly 100 trades since last September:mad:

How long have you been doing this ?

Work out these stats over those last 100 trades

Total number of trades: 100 ?
Total pip gain/loss:
Total winning trades:
Total losing trades:
Total B/e trades:
Strike rate of trades at b/e or better (ie as a % of total trades)
Strike rate of winning trades (as a % of total trades)
Expectancy/trade (ie total pips gained or lost divided by total trades)
Longest consecutive winning run of trades
Longest consecutive losing run of trades
Largest winning trade in pips
Largest losing trade in pips
Average winning trade in pips
Average losing trade in pips
Average winning trade less largest winning trade if more than twice the largest average trade - as calculated above
Average losing trade less largest losing trade if more than twice the average losing trade as calculated above.

See what they tell you.

G/L

Actually the number of 'real trading opportunities' is relative to and directly related to your trading edge and the instrument (s) and t/f's you trade. (PS: I wrote this before the thread starter said he trades from the daily t/f lol !)

If the market gave you 100 opportunities in 6 months then the answer is 'No'.
But if there were only 20 real opportunities in 6 months then the answer is 'Yes'.

I’d say the number of real opportunities in 6 months is closer to 20.

Work out these stats over those last 100 trades

Total number of trades: 100 ?
Total pip gain/loss:
Total winning trades:
Total losing trades:
Total B/e trades:
Strike rate of trades at b/e or better (ie as a % of total trades)
Strike rate of winning trades (as a % of total trades)
Expectancy/trade (ie total pips gained or lost divided by total trades)
Longest consecutive winning run of trades
Longest consecutive losing run of trades
Largest winning trade in pips
Largest losing trade in pips
Average winning trade in pips
Average losing trade in pips
Average winning trade less largest winning trade if more than twice the largest average trade - as calculated above
Average losing trade less largest losing trade if more than twice the average losing trade as calculated above.

See what they tell you.

G/L

I have a spreadsheet that tells me pretty much all of that, would you like me to post the answers? It'll probably be tomorrow though.